Fallout 3 - Stealing Indepemdence help, bug?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for cross-dark-fire
cross-dark-fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cross-dark-fire
Member since 2005 • 267 Posts

I've been trying to do this quest in Fallout 3, where I have to get the Declaration of Independence from the National Archives. I've met up with Sydney on the first floor and she tells me we got to go to the cargo elevator. Fair enough. The problem comes when I go there the door won't open without a key, and its wierd because I've read a few guides here and there and no one mentions a "key".

I am playing the PS3 version så could it be a mistake or what?

Thanks in advance :)

Avatar image for kenshinhimura10
kenshinhimura10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 kenshinhimura10
Member since 2008 • 555 Posts

I stumbled upon the same dilema. You have to do the following, leave Sydney, or let her go with you if you want, and inspect the whole museum, you should find a door leading to the basement, which needs no key. Once you enter there, you will face many Protectrons, and other robots. You have to explore the entire place, I think its 2 dungeons to be precise. Once you are in the second dungeon, find your way until you find a door to another place, enter and you should be greeted by a robot with an identity problem, here you can either destroy it (bad karma) or help him (good karma).

I must tell you that if you decide to help him, its going to be a little bit longer to get the declaration, as you have to go to a rather far location if you dont have nearby knowned areas.

Anyway, you can get quickly to that robot by a secret elevator in the room where you first meet Sydney, you will see a circle in the floor, more or less in the middle of the room. Just click on it, and you will descend to a place close to this robot, though I have to warn you, bring a shotgun if you can as if can kill most robots (if you have the small guns skill) in 2 shots during VAATS.

trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts
OR you can use Sydneys computer(its right where you found here) and open the sealed hiden elevator, which she tells you about IF you'd payed atention.
420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

OR you can use Sydneys computer(its right where you found here) and open the sealed hiden elevator, which she tells you about IF you'd payed atention.trasherhead

:lol: That's why I always listen to everything they have to say ..