Fallout 3 or Uncharted 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ivix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Ivix
Member since 2004 • 256 Posts

I'm going to be buying a PS3 tomorrow since after getting a new TV the old Wii just isn't cutting it anymore with Burnout Paradise (since I've loved Burnout hardcore since I played Burnout 2 for the first time way back on the Gamecube). On Tuesday, I want to buy either Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition or Uncharted 2. It's a tough quandry for me because I think I'd enjoy Uncharted 2's gameplay more but Fallout 3 seems like it would last much longer. Uncharted 2's universal critical acclaim isn't helping matters any, either. I'm quite poor and probably won't be able to afford a game for a long while after getting all of this.

So, do you think Uncharted 2 would entertain me for a long time or would I be better off getting a game that looks slightly less fun but will last me much longer? (Fallout 3, that is.) I'm not a huge RPG fan, but I doubt since there's shooting and it's not turn-based that won't matter so much.

tl;dnr: Will Uncharted 2's glory make it a better buy than Fallout 3's length and slightly less levels of glory?

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

I'm going to be buying a PS3 tomorrow since after getting a new TV the old Wii just isn't cutting it anymore with Burnout Paradise (since I've loved Burnout hardcore since I played Burnout 2 for the first time way back on the Gamecube). On Tuesday, I want to buy either Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition or Uncharted 2. It's a tough quandry for me because I think I'd enjoy Uncharted 2's gameplay more but Fallout 3 seems like it would last much longer. Uncharted 2's universal critical acclaim isn't helping matters any, either. I'm quite poor and probably won't be able to afford a game for a long while after getting all of this.

So, do you think Uncharted 2 would entertain me for a long time or would I be better off getting a game that looks slightly less fun but will last me much longer? (Fallout 3, that is.) I'm not a huge RPG fan, but I doubt since there's shooting and it's not turn-based that won't matter so much.

tl;dnr: Will Uncharted 2's glory make it a better buy than Fallout 3's length and slightly less levels of glory?

Ivix
since you wont be able to buy many games, i would suggest fallout 3. keep in mind, however, that i havent played uncharted. but you should get alot more hours out of it.
Elv0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Elv0
Member since 2009 • 72 Posts

well first i can't really tell you how long Uncharted 2 is, but, I just finished Fallout 3, (Today Actually) and i used 40 Hours on it :D that is with most of the side missions done. Even though Fallout 3 was super fun for me the hole 40 hours, I think fallout 3 can be very slow and boring if you dont like the Genre, And since Fallout 3 does not have a Multiplayer "Mode", And Uncharted 2 has, I will recommend you to buy Uncharted 2 first, maybe then think about buying fallout 3 later :D

hope that helped a little bit :D

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I guess I would go with Fallout 3, as it's probably much longer. Uncharted 2 does have online gameplay though, so that could keep you entertained for quite a while as well. Or you could get Uncharted 2 and then try to find a cheap used copy of the original (non-GOTY) Fallout 3. It's very long long even without the expansion packs.

ShootingPwnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ShootingPwnage
Member since 2009 • 423 Posts

Go for Uncharted 2 (If you dont like RPGs that much). I def think Uncharted 2 would keep more entertained

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
Fallout 3 is overrated go with Uncharted 2
caiadas25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 caiadas25
Member since 2009 • 431 Posts

Fallout

Spoiledgenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#8 Spoiledgenius
Member since 2009 • 622 Posts

Go for Uncharted 2 (If you dont like RPGs that much). I def think Uncharted 2 would keep more entertained

ShootingPwnage
This
Ivix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ivix

I think I'll go with Uncharted 2, then! It definitely looks like its more up my alley.

fize4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 fize4ever
Member since 2009 • 1652 Posts

go with fallout first but be sure to keep uncharted 2 as one of the must have

ChAlDo205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ChAlDo205
Member since 2005 • 293 Posts

get the ps3, download the uncharted 2 beta, play it for a while, then decide.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
Fallout 3 finishing up everything plus 4 of the 5 DLC I have spent over 100 hours playing.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

If you play online, then get Uncharted 2. The multiplayer modes will add a lot of replay value that will probably make up for the single-player length of Fallout 3.

Ivix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ivix

Fallout 3 finishing up everything plus 4 of the 5 DLC I have spent over 100 hours playing.hiryu3
100 hours?!!? Now I'm less certain again... Especially since I won't be able to play online for a while, either, since that is ZIMdoom's argument in favour of Uncharted 2 (by the way, NIN rules ;)).

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

definitely fallout3 goty it's one of my alltime favorite games and im gaming almost 20years now , i didn't play uncharted but i doubt it will be better then f3 judging by the E3 video.

i spent more than 130 hours on two separate campaings as bad and good (without DLC yet)

mike7677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mike7677
Member since 2006 • 2426 Posts
Fallout 3 GOTY is coming out on Tuesday. It has all 5 DLCs on it.
nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
I hated fallout 3 and I guarantee you will adore uncharted 2. You will get multiple plays out of it and it has awesome online play.
Acidrain1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Acidrain1988
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts

uncharteds multiplayer is really fun.

get-ka12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 get-ka12
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts
Neither. Get the orange box instead.
Rikuide_Furame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 Rikuide_Furame
Member since 2008 • 994 Posts

I'd suggest Fallout 3 as it will offer you many, many hours of fun. I'm going to get the GOTY edition and then might get Uncharted 2 prior to Dragon Age. All three should offer a lot of playing time.

N3stopia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 N3stopia
Member since 2008 • 70 Posts

I would have to recommend Uncharted; having played both this is a tuffy because I enjoyed the two, but due to the fact that you don't enjoy RPG's that much you may have a lot more fun with Uncharted, although you will be getting a lot more hours out of Fallout then Uncharted, the replay value of Uncharted Online may amuse you.

MajorGamer531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 MajorGamer531
Member since 2005 • 1215 Posts

Fallout 3 is a game you would revisit maybe once a week to explore more of the game, but Uncharted 2 will require a daily dosage to maintain happiness. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

[QUOTE="hiryu3"]Fallout 3 finishing up everything plus 4 of the 5 DLC I have spent over 100 hours playing.Ivix

100 hours?!!? Now I'm less certain again... Especially since I won't be able to play online for a while, either, since that is ZIMdoom's argument in favour of Uncharted 2 (by the way, NIN rules ;)).

I'm also a fan of Fallout 3. BOTH are great games, and you really can't go wrong with either. But I think if you like playing online, you will get more replay from Uncharted 2. Especially since you admit to now being a big RPG fan. Fallout 3 does play out very actiony and shootery, but if you are a shooter fan and NOT an RPG fan, you may get bored. If you don't play online, then you will definitely get more time out of Fallout.

However, I haven't played any of the Fallout expansions and I also spent close to 100 hours with the game (beating it twice). It's a great game. No doubt about it.

Ivix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ivix

Okay, so as it stands, the debate raging in my mind stands to buy Fallout 3 first and enjoy it until I can afford to get a new game until which time buy the crap out of Uncharted 2. I think that if it plays out action-y I will like it, my lack of love of RPGs comes out of all of the boring turn-based snoozefests that I've tried to love in the past such as Final Fantasy and the like. I enjoy the exploration aspects of RPGs, just not some of the battle systems.

This is subject to change so keep telling me what to buy if ya like!

Sean2moore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sean2moore
Member since 2008 • 389 Posts

Honestly, get both games. As for Fallout 3, get the game of the year version as it will have all of the DLCs in it. Good luck with your decision.

Ronin893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 Ronin893
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts

Im getting Uncharted no matter what. The GOTY edition of Fallout is a great deal though. i think it has like $50 worth of DLC. I think I will look out for that as well the holiday season.

Troqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Troqe
Member since 2008 • 675 Posts

Well, Fallout 3 is amazing and probably one of the most immersive games this gen. So I'd probably pick that if you haven't already tried it, it's a shame you can't play both though.

rombie1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 rombie1234
Member since 2007 • 50 Posts

I have never played Uncharted but I have played Fallout 3 and its an awesome game that and it has several expansion DLC.

carios23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 carios23
Member since 2002 • 898 Posts
Sell some blood or semen and buy both :P
gapinglotus9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gapinglotus9
Member since 2009 • 95 Posts

i had the first uncharted 2 beta. i got the second uncharted 2 beta when i preordered so ive spent plenty of hours on the various online modes offered. i own fallout3 and i have to say uncharted 2 is a better game. the gunplay in fallout isn't great. it does not feel like a fps. (its not bad though just not great) the vats system helps to break up the shooting which can get a little stale. i find that i constantly put down fallout 3 to complete other games. it just struggles to hold my interest over a long time and im a guy who has played and loved many turn based final fantasies.

i have to ask why you cant get online? your aware that it doesn not cost you anything to play online with the ps3 unlike xboxlive and the ps3 comes with built in wifi so you can connect to any server without running wires. just thought id fill you in incase your one of the suprisingly many people who arent aware that psn costs nothing.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

[QUOTE="ShootingPwnage"]

Spoiledgenius

This

I didn't read all of what you wrote but if you dont like rpg, get uncharted

Ivix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ivix

Worry not all, I will be getting both games eventually, I'm just trying to decide which to get first. As far as playing online goes, I'm waiting until payday at the end of the month to buy a wireless router. Currently I have a wired-only one and the PS3 is much too far away from the router. I could drill holes and run wires through the house but I'd rather not have to deal with that, so I will patiently wait until I can get a router without forsaking food and such.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

Worry not all, I will be getting both games eventually, I'm just trying to decide which to get first. As far as playing online goes, I'm waiting until payday at the end of the month to buy a wireless router. Currently I have a wired-only one and the PS3 is much too far away from the router. I could drill holes and run wires through the house but I'd rather not have to deal with that, so I will patiently wait until I can get a router without forsaking food and such.

Ivix
who needs food when theres ps3??
Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Revolution316
Member since 2009 • 2877 Posts

uncharted 2 getting a 9.5 on GS and a 97 on MC doesnt already answer ur queston?