This topic is locked from further discussion.

the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 the1stmoonfly
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

Tonnes of people say that the ps 3 is doing great and when it launches in europe it will take over, but i stumbled on this today and it makes me wander. Does this worry anyone else, i know it's only a poll and only UK but if this does reflect what europe is really thinking wont it spell big trouble for sony

lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
If you're going to judge PS3's success in Europe by what Gamespot users say, you'll most likely get something like this in any day. I think it's common knowledge that 360 and Wii fanboys are a majority in this site.
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

Well... the PS3 price in the UK is pretty expensive which can put people off from buying such wonderful console.

I doubt parents will spend £500 or more (willingly) on a console and not on their bills so their kids can enjoy playing video games. On that sector, Sony will definitely loose out to the Wii or 360s.

:P

Avatar image for Devils_Joker_22
Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Devils_Joker_22
Member since 2005 • 5592 Posts
Yea, Ps3 will do well in Europe, Sony Understand Europe more than Microsoft do, and people (especially outside the UK) feel that ALOT. I mean, how often do you hear a UK publisher or 'Sony Computer Entertainment Europe' in games. A fair lot id say. However on the 360 Rare is the only publisher thats really British, and they only make Kameo And Viva. Which arent exactly mainstream.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 the1stmoonfly
If you're going to judge PS3's success in Europe by what Gamespot users say, you'll most likely get something like this in any day. I think it's common knowledge that 360 and Wii fanboys are a majority in this site.lusitanogamer
True, but dont you have to consider that maybe they are in the majority becaue they are in fact the majority, i want a ps3 but im in the uk and i dont know anyone thats planning on getting one its getting alot of bad press over here, part of me hopes sony have something up their sleave but the future i think is gonna be tough. The console is going to be good though and in march there is going to be some nice new games ready for us, maybe these oppinions will change.
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
[QUOTE="lusitanogamer"]If you're going to judge PS3's success in Europe by what Gamespot users say, you'll most likely get something like this in any day. I think it's common knowledge that 360 and Wii fanboys are a majority in this site.the1stmoonfly
True, but dont you have to consider that maybe they are in the majority becaue they are in fact the majority, i want a ps3 but im in the uk and i dont know anyone thats planning on getting one its getting alot of bad press over here, part of me hopes sony have something up their sleave but the future i think is gonna be tough. The console is going to be good though and in march there is going to be some nice new games ready for us, maybe these oppinions will change.

Over 200 million Playstation (1 & 2) owners say otherwise. Besides, this is an American site and Americans generally prefer their products, it's natural that you find a lot more people here that prefer a 360 over a PS3. Don't worry man, the Playstation brand is huge in Europe, i'm sure it will sell a lot. I'm Portuguese and the popularity of Playstation consoles here is so huge, it's not even funny.
bytuiop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bytuiop
Member since 2005 • 148 Posts
I live in the uk and let me tell you, the ps3 is selling fast, it`s getting very hard to find shops that are still taking pre-orders, i dont think the price is a issue.
bart1eby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bart1eby
Member since 2003 • 106 Posts
Teh PS3 is not sellign fast. its a fact. its easy to find. And for the people who said Sony understand Europe. by the looks of things Sony hates Europe, with a passion. We get huge delays as always, AND the worst part is we are paying more for a technically inferior machine. its an absolute joke. I was gonna get a PS on launch but not now. Im gonna wait till a great exclusive comes out, and judging by the list of games that isnt gonna be anytime soon. theyve lost several exclusives and the games list is anything but impressive at this stage. Im sick to death of Sony treating the European market like this. its ridiculous.
PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PullTheTricker
Member since 2006 • 4749 Posts
[QUOTE="bart1eby"]Teh PS3 is not sellign fast. its a fact. its easy to find. And for the people who said Sony understand Europe. by the looks of things Sony hates Europe, with a passion. We get huge delays as always, AND the worst part is we are paying more for a technically inferior machine. its an absolute joke. I was gonna get a PS on launch but not now. Im gonna wait till a great exclusive comes out, and judging by the list of games that isnt gonna be anytime soon. theyve lost several exclusives and the games list is anything but impressive at this stage. Im sick to death of Sony treating the European market like this. its ridiculous.

I can still remember last time they delayed the PS3...AGAIN...I was shocked :S Went of buying a 360...haha :P I really can't wait for the next Final Fantasy. I hope I'l be as good as FFXII wich I'm enjoying right now like no other game I have ever enjoyed as much.
choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
Man just ignore the poll ... you dont have be European or Australian / New Zealand to vote and only 130 odd people have voted so far ... and im willing to bet the masses out their will buy PS3 over 360 due to brand name ...

If you have a child who wants a PS3 for their birthday or christmas surly you wouldnt buy them a Wii or 360 and dissapoint them - dispite the cost you go get them a PS3 ( provided your gonna buy them  a console anyway ...) ... and that's what will happen...

A$1000 or 425 pounds sounds like a lot of money and it is ! However the majority of people in Europe / Australia can afford it and will eventually get  a  PS3 if they want one ... now or in the soon future
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 the1stmoonfly
^^^ Trouble is so many people over here already have 360,s because of such a late launch. And even i feel like the fact we can afford it is one big reason they charge that price.
bart1eby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bart1eby
Member since 2003 • 106 Posts
I can afford one but im not gonan buy one just cos its a PS. I want good games, which im gettin on the 360 i bought cos is was sick of waiting for the PS3. Things like Assassins Creed was meant to be PS exclusive but now it isnt and its a game i was hugely lookin forward to. GTA is another. im gonna get the PS cos i love both FF and DMC but im still incredibly pissed off with them.