Error Occurred - Every time i try to download something!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

IamBEASTMODE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 IamBEASTMODE
Member since 2010 • 538 Posts

Sup guy's

Anyway i wanted to make this thread to see if any of you guy's where getting this problem too

Today i tried to download a demo from the PSN and its downloads fine, but when installing it hits 15% and comes up with Error Occurred 880029-and then a few more numbers

I dont get it!! I tried to get NFS: HS demo yesterday and the same issue!!

Is the cause my wireless router? If i plug in an ethernet cable into my PS3 then it works, but its is REALLY NOT practical because i have to move my set up to another room

What the hell is this guy's? Any of you experienced the same problem?

IamBEASTMODE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 IamBEASTMODE

Anyone?

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

It happens when the PS3 has a weak signal. Remember that the PS3 has a crappy B/G Wifi card and it needs at least 70% of signal to work correctly but the thing is that the percentage of Signal that the PS3 gives you is not very accurate either. It could say that you have 70% when in reality you have less than 40%...

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
so... it finishes downloading the demo 100% but when INSTALLING is when it fails? hmm... i had a problem like ages ago when trying to download one of those dbz games... I think the problem was that i downloaded it from a store in another region... Umm.. i have no idea mate... have u tried re-downloading it and seeing if it still stops during installation?
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Try it again. Delete the old one if you need to.

IamBEASTMODE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IamBEASTMODE

It happens when the PS3 has a weak signal. Remember that the PS3 has a crappy B/G Wifi card and it needs at least 70% of signal to work correctly but the thing is that the percentage of Signal that the PS3 gives you is not very accurate either. It could say that you have 70% when in reality you have less than 40%...

Gue1

That may make some sense dude, it normally jumps between 70% - 87%+ when i check it - I didn't know the PS3s built in WiFi was suckish

so... it finishes downloading the demo 100% but when INSTALLING is when it fails? hmm... i had a problem like ages ago when trying to download one of those dbz games... I think the problem was that i downloaded it from a store in another region... Umm.. i have no idea mate... have u tried re-downloading it and seeing if it still stops during installation?campzor

Yep, demo downloads 100% no problems, then doesn't succeed in installing - Also there no regions issues, i imagine

You see, this happens every time i try to download a demo so i know its not a 1 off occurance too

IamBEASTMODE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 IamBEASTMODE

Try it again. Delete the old one if you need to.

clr84651

It's not a 1 off occurrance you see and yeh i just delete the corrupted data

Emurozii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Emurozii
Member since 2010 • 269 Posts
The code you're getting is 80029564 - 'Downloaded game will not install - Cause unkown'. Four possible soloutions: 1: My friend had this this a few times. If he just downloaded it not in the background it usually worked. 2: The most common problem is simply the internet running too slowly. What's your connection quality usually at? Is it good or bad? If it's slow then try moving the Modem closer to the PS3. Another thing you could try is messing around with your adapter properties; enabling 'Vlan' and 'Priority' could help. 3: If none of the above is helpful, then there's a chance it's some sort of interference with the modem, or possibly some other interference with wires. Seperate all of your wires as far as you can, including power and data wires. Move the modem away from any other electrical devices. 4: Start the PS3 from scratch again, deleting all information from the HDD in the process. 1 - Make sure the PS3 is switched off and have no controllers plugged in via USB 2 - Hold The power button down and the PS3 will turn on then off again 3. Once it's off again, repress the power button until you hear two beeps 4 - When you hear the 2 beeps let go of the power button 5 - Now plug in your controller via USB and then press the button in the middle of the controller that has the Sony logo on it 6 - The menu will now be on. 7 - Select 'Restore PS3 system'
IamBEASTMODE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 IamBEASTMODE

The code you're getting is 80029564 - 'Downloaded game will not install - Cause unkown'. Four possible soloutions: 1: My friend had this this a few times. If he just downloaded it not in the background it usually worked. 2: The most common problem is simply the internet running too slowly. What's your connection quality usually at? Is it good or bad? If it's slow then try moving the Modem closer to the PS3. Another thing you could try is messing around with your adapter properties; enabling 'Vlan' and 'Priority' could help. 3: If none of the above is helpful, then there's a chance it's some sort of interference with the modem, or possibly some other interference with wires. Seperate all of your wires as far as you can, including power and data wires. Move the modem away from any other electrical devices. 4: Start the PS3 from scratch again, deleting all information from the HDD in the process. 1 - Make sure the PS3 is switched off and have no controllers plugged in via USB 2 - Hold The power button down and the PS3 will turn on then off again 3. Once it's off again, repress the power button until you hear two beeps 4 - When you hear the 2 beeps let go of the power button 5 - Now plug in your controller via USB and then press the button in the middle of the controller that has the Sony logo on it 6 - The menu will now be on. 7 - Select 'Restore PS3 system'Emurozii

Wow, thanks a lot

I think it is down to the internet connection via the modem, kinda suckish because it SHOULD work otherwise why have wireless!! Thanks for your help

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

Do you have to be online when installing a demo? I can see the internet impacting your downloading but you said it hits 100% with no problem downloading. Your problem is just the installation part; I wouldn't thing that would have anything to do with the internet but I could be wrong.