Error code; 80010514. Help?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blisterfingers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Blisterfingers
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Was playing fifa on my ps3 earlier, happy as you like, when all of a sudden, it freezes. I put it down to bad luck and I tried playing burnout paradise, ps3 screen booted up on the game, and then i got an error message with the error code 80010514. After doing a bit of research on the web i heard that this is a problem with the blueray driver and providing its in warranty it will be replaced with no hassle. My problem is that my mum had the receipt and she has since lost it. So i doubt they will help me without proof of purchase. And i dont have the money to buy a brand new ps3. Anyone have any ideas? Is there a way to get around the no receipt thing? Or does anyone know if there is a way to fix this problem yourself? It will sometimes play games, usually up to 15 minutes at a time, then crash when loading something up.
anewperfectday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 anewperfectday
Member since 2006 • 782 Posts
Call Sony, and be sure to give register your PS3 and use the barcode on the back of the PS3 for the support line. I'm sure you dont need a reciept since they'll look up your barcode to see if its under warranty. Then they'll give you instructions on what to do next.
sharathwilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 sharathwilson
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Hey i'm facing the same problem...do u fix it? pls reply me bak
Regent192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Regent192
Member since 2009 • 6789 Posts
replace the laser lens with a new one like this http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/1159633450.html
enlilenki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 enlilenki
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I received the 80010514 error over a month ago and was able to fix the problem by replacing the Blu-ray diode. It started while I was playing COD MW2. The game would freeze after a multiplayer match and I could not eject the disc without first turning off the PS3 using the switch on the back. I have the 80gb MotorStorm bundle edition. The early models have the cheap diode with only one laser and has since been replaced by a dual laser. I was able to play everything on my hard drive, but no Blu-ray games or movies. Before replacing the laser I was able to "rebuild the file structure" and this would allow the PS3 to recognize the disc again and I could play an online match. It would freeze in the same spot every time. I ordered my part from the Ebay seller gamepartswarehouse and I used the instructions from the Blu-ray.com thread entitled (Un-Official) PS3 Laser Replacement Manual & Video (Google it). This particular instruction only applies to the 80gb MotorStorm bundle model. My PS3 was out of warranty and $150 was too much to pay Sony considering I could get a brand new slim (not a refurbished PS3) for double the price and I would lose all of the movies I downloaded from the PSN. I believe Sony is completely aware of the cheap laser and is just refusing to own up. There is a class action lawsuit in this regard filed in California. The repair wasn't extremely difficult, but it wasn't easy. You can get it done at a local repair shop for around $100 (I paid $50 for the laser alone). I hope this helps. I was excited when I was able to prove that the 80010514 in my instance was due to a bad diode. And at the same time mad at Sony for allowing such a cheap part to be put in their machine. I will probably still buy a PS4. I will just wait until the 3rd or 4th generation before doing so.
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
You shouldn't need a receipt. They can probably tell when it was purchased (or about when) by the serial number on the unit.
Revolucian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Revolucian2
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Just talked to Sony technical rep and supervisor about DRE codes and what they plan to do about it. Of course they want $150 to fix it, because it is out of warranty. I refuse to pay $150 more for a system that has already cost $600. Sony refuses to accept responsibility for this problem which is either faulty lasers or faulty firmware that overheats lasers. Doesn't matter what the cause is. The point is Sony needs to stand behind their product and their customers. What can we do? Simply complaining about it on their forums isn't going to solve anything. We must start a campaign to demand that Sony owns up to the problem and fixes the broken lasers and reimburses those who have already paid for the repair. Much like Microsoft did for the "Red Ring of Death" error which is a very similar issue. This was part of the statement released by Microsoft concerning the error: While the majority of Xbox 360 owners continue to have a great experience with their console, we are aware that a very small percentage of our customers have reported receiving an error that displays "E74" on their screen. After investigating the issue, we have determined that the E74 error message can indicate the general hardware failure that is associated with three flashing red lights error on the console. As a result, we have decided to cover repairs related to the E74 error message....Microsoft will refund to customers the amount paid for an out of warranty repair due to a general hardware failure associated with the e74 error message. What to do: Start a massive letter writing campaign. Write to Sony at SCEA Attention: correspondence P.O. Box 5888 San Mateo, CA 94402-0888 Next write to any and all media outlets. Next write to any and all gamer related magazines. Continue to post on any and all blogs relating to gaming. The only reason Microsoft owned up to their mistake was because the negative publicity outweighed the cost to repair. It's simply a numbers game. Make your voices heard. Write many letters. Even those who have already paid the $150 for the repair, we need you too! You stand to get your money back as well. I am also asking other Playstation owners who have been lucky enough not to get the dreaded "Code of Death" - because it could happen to you. You don't have to be mean or anything. Just ask Sony to stand by their product and their customers. By the way. During my phone conversation with the supervisor he admitted that one of the Firmware updates caused the bluray drive to overheat. But that the next update fixed the problem.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
You shouldn't need a receipt. They can probably tell when it was purchased (or about when) by the serial number on the unit.cametall
Sony doesn't work that way. Its receipt or F..... U.... Nintendo and Microsoft on the other hand do, do returns via serial numbers.
iqbalanwer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 iqbalanwer
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
i had same problem but i figure it out.... first i checked my free space of drive its showing 20gb free (i have 500gb drive).... i just start deleting my files from movies, music folders in those folders i found some corrupted files too... i mange to fee up 150gb space in drive and reboot ps3... gr8 now its working... without restore or format my drive... just try once..
zierra_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 zierra_2
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I received the 80010514 error over a month ago and was able to fix the problem by replacing the Blu-ray diode. It started while I was playing COD MW2. The game would freeze after a multiplayer match and I could not eject the disc without first turning off the PS3 using the switch on the back. I have the 80gb MotorStorm bundle edition. The early models have the cheap diode with only one laser and has since been replaced by a dual laser. I was able to play everything on my hard drive, but no Blu-ray games or movies. Before replacing the laser I was able to "rebuild the file structure" and this would allow the PS3 to recognize the disc again and I could play an online match. It would freeze in the same spot every time. I ordered my part from the Ebay seller gamepartswarehouse and I used the instructions from the Blu-ray.com thread entitled (Un-Official) PS3 Laser Replacement Manual & Video (Google it). This particular instruction only applies to the 80gb MotorStorm bundle model. My PS3 was out of warranty and $150 was too much to pay Sony considering I could get a brand new slim (not a refurbished PS3) for double the price and I would lose all of the movies I downloaded from the PSN. I believe Sony is completely aware of the cheap laser and is just refusing to own up. There is a class action lawsuit in this regard filed in California. The repair wasn't extremely difficult, but it wasn't easy. You can get it done at a local repair shop for around $100 (I paid $50 for the laser alone). I hope this helps. I was excited when I was able to prove that the 80010514 in my instance was due to a bad diode. And at the same time mad at Sony for allowing such a cheap part to be put in their machine. I will probably still buy a PS4. I will just wait until the 3rd or 4th generation before doing so.enlilenki
Hello pls dont buy to them (gamepartswarehouse) steal to me 5500 us if need more info pls visit http://gamepartswarehouse.blogspot.com/