Ejecting issue with the PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheManofPears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheManofPears
Member since 2016 • 284 Posts

Some times when I turn the console off, after about 5 minutes it turns itself back on and ejects the disc. despite ejecting the disc, it tries to continue ejecting when there is nothing in the disc drive, so there's a sound. It also beeps 3 times regularly throughout this process

Any advice?

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts

@themanofpears: Mine does this occasionally as well. (white destiny edition, I put in a 2 tb hard drive). Seems to be the issue is that if an app/game is chosen to be closed but then the system is put in standby mode BEFORE it actually finishes. I have been trying to wait about 5 minutes after I close a game until I put my ps4 into standby. It also seems to do it more with NBA2k games than any other one.

TheManofPears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheManofPears
Member since 2016 • 284 Posts

@Dilrod: I'll try that waiting trick too. I read at one point it had to with dust triggering one of the buttons but that wasn't my problem. I've also tried not leaving discs in my console when I turn it off. It seemed to work at first but it hasn't. I haven't been paying attention to which games have caused it. I have the Standard black 500GB version.

smsnsimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 smsnsimba
Member since 2006 • 139 Posts

@themanofpears: It has to do with the sensitivity on the bottom eject disc button. Dust, or moving the PS4 can wear away the minimal buffer present so it'll depress on its own very easily. I removed the button and haven't had an issue with it ever since. They've removed these super sensitive buttons on the new PS4s but all the older ones still have it along with older specialty bundles as well.