DS4 light red while playing FIFA 14.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Anyone know about this? Every time I play FIFA the light on the DS4 turns red. When I go to the dashboard, or whatever its called the light goes back to blue. I've played Resogun as well and the light is blue while playing that game.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

I got that too. I assumed it may have been a team color. Who'd you play as? I started with the Red Bulls and the light was red.

I haven't tried any other team, though.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

The controller is trying to tell you to pick the greatest team of them all... Arsenal.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kaze_no_Mirai

I've played with a few from different leagues. Barcelona, Real Sociedad, Manchester United, Guadalajara, LA Galaxy and the light is always red, It's good to know I'm not the only one, maybe developers are able to change the light for certain games.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

@Kaze_no_Mirai:

are you sure it isnt indicating like a red and blue side? or home and away? games can change the colors on the DS4. warframe makes the light have epileptic seizures whenever you are getting hit by gunfire.... it is actually really distracting in a dark droom. KZSF will make the light blink and go red when you are low on health, or green when your health is full.

its part of the game.... just check out the manual. im sure it will tell you.

Ne-Plus-Ultra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ne-Plus-Ultra
Member since 2012 • 281 Posts

@Geminon:

That's interesting, I didn't know it did that, I'm playing AC4 now and the light is a steady white. I guess the developer chooses what they do with the light.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

@Ne-Plus-Ultra said:

@Geminon:

That's interesting, I didn't know it did that, I'm playing AC4 now and the light is a steady white. I guess the developer chooses what they do with the light.

yup, its a really cool idea. lots of people were complaining about the light before the console came out, but i think it is awesome. just like having a speaker in the controller is awesome. adds to immersion.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

the first player's triangle cursor in the matches is red, the second player's is blue, the third player's is green and if i remember correctly the fourth player's is yellow, actually that was why i always bought red and blue controllers for ps3, in order to use them in fifa... :)

maybe that is the reason why the light is red for the first player in fifa 14 on ps4... :)

Avatar image for Lord_of_Terrans
Lord_of_Terrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Lord_of_Terrans
Member since 2004 • 196 Posts

Also the light is green in Killzone and turn red when you get hurt and about to die.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

@Geminon said:

@Ne-Plus-Ultra said:

@Geminon:

yup, its a really cool idea. lots of people were complaining about the light before the console came out, but i think it is awesome. just like having a speaker in the controller is awesome. adds to immersion.

The first time I played Resogun and I heard the voice come through the speaker on the controller it made me jump! ha

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kaze_no_Mirai

Yeah it does indicate the player. I played with my brother and his light was blue. It's a neat little feature but damn is it bright! Especially at night haha

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

Yeah it does indicate the player. I played with my brother and his light was blue. It's a neat little feature but damn is it bright! Especially at night haha

Devs also have control over how bright it is. Hopefully the brightness of the controller light will be something that users can adjust in settings in future games.

HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HoVDaHuSTLa1
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts

It's normal. Certain games have their own light feature. I'm playing Blacklight Retribution and it blinks white when shooting. Blinks purple when hitting target

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

It just tells what player you are (1p, 2p, 3p, 4p)

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MondasM

i, too, hope that the brightness can be adjusted otherwise my tv set will be like a mirror... :)

carlos1247138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 carlos1247138
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

The Red color indicates player 1, since FIFA's first player controller begins with red, the controller is red. if another controller is added it will show the color green. Also the cursor on top of the players indicates what color you are

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MondasM

@carlos1247138 said:

The Red color indicates player 1, since FIFA's first player controller begins with red, the controller is red. if another controller is added it will show the color green. Also the cursor on top of the players indicates what color you are

second player is blue... :)