DriveClube Is SO Broken....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

How broken is it?

It's so broken chances are Playstation Plus members will never get it for free because they can't divert any time from the main game to build the free version.

First Sony's flagship racing franchise, Gran Turismo, has fallen on hard times and now DriveClub is a big mess. YOu have to wonder when Sony is going to get a top tier racer for it's console.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Does anyone even want to play the limited version of DriveClub anymore? I buy pretty much any new game but I have zero internet in DC.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@MethodManFTW said:

Does anyone even want to play the limited version of DriveClub anymore? I buy pretty much any new game but I have zero internet in DC.

Ehh, it was a big selling point of the PS4 and the Plus membership working together.

Sony is doing great this generation but missteps like this can quickly turn the public's perception of them.

Also for new hardware it doesn't get better than a car game to show off the new hardware. It's impressive that the console has taken off like this without the shot in the arm that a car game gives at launch.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

@MethodManFTW said:

Ehh, it was a big selling point of the PS4 and the Plus membership working together.

Sony is doing great this generation but missteps like this can quickly turn the public's perception of them.

Also for new hardware it doesn't get better than a car game to show off the new hardware. It's impressive that the console has taken off like this without the shot in the arm that a car game gives at launch.

It was, but the game turned out to be garbage.

Give me a sim racer or give me an arcade racer, don't give me some combination of the two.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I don't think GT has fallen on hard times, they released GT6 at the end of the PS3 cycle and critics gave it a good amount of praise. DriveClub is apparently better now after a few patches, but I can't confirm or deny that as I don't have the game.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#6 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I was initially looking forward to playing it with PS+, even if it was a trimmed-down version. But since that was put on hold indefinitely and the game's reception has been underwhelming, I don't really care about this game anymore. Even if that PS+ version does come out eventually, I may not even bother with it since it will be an even smaller fraction of the game what with all the DLC that's released for it already.