DriveClub Release Date?!?!?!?!?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

I was snooping around the internet to found pre order prices for soul suspect when I landed on ASDA's website (UK Walmart) and I found something interesting,

It has a release date on there, 1st April.

LINK

I know it's been rumoured to be this date or 28th feb but i can't find any other which gives a date but ASDA have nailed a date down and even have a count down for it. just thought i'd put this out there see what you think

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

It may just be a placeholder. It's after February 22nd for sure. Because it's missing the japanese launch.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bezza2011

Yea some people saying it's been pushed to the end of 2014 and yet i cannot find anything which states this must not be looking hard enough

thirdson1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#4 thirdson1812
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts

I doubt it's released in april. I saw an article saying it could be released in june, around the time for e3.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

So many mixed stories. A best buy flyer that came to my house had Drive club showing a release date for Jan.30. I don't get this.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#6 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Definitely going to have to wait for the official announcement it seems.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

late 2014

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

They are just screwing with our heads to get everybody to buy a PS4.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

This game and watch dog really irritate me. I don't even want to know any info about these games until official release dates. I will really scrutinize the reviews before I decide to buy them.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@ewalthour: Why would you scrutinize the reviews more than other games? Do you not appreciate that the developers are willing to push back the release so they can make sure the game's up to the proper standards?

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ewalthour

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: I am irritated by watchdog more then drive club because I think It was a financial reason why the game was delayed. Ps4 supposively is easy to program with and if this was ps3 I could see these companies not able to gauge when the game is ready.

Even game sites eluded to the possibility of conflicting with release of assassin creed could be the reason for watchdog delay.

I want game to take as much time as needed to get the game right to justify paying $60. Hey all games now can come out not 100% perfect and can get patches to fix issues that aren't obvious design flaws.

Drive club doesn't bother me as much because I had a sinking suspicion the game wasnt ready since gameplay footage and general coverage of game was never real strong but that damn watchdog was constant news and demonstrations and videos galore.

I am serious I don't want to hear nothing about watchdog until it is a official release and reviews of the game.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ewalthour

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: think about it people this is a billion dollar business and just like movies games come out strategic times when investors feel they can make the most money and they don't provide Quarter gains and losses results for game companies for no reasons. Investors put a lot in these games and ultimately the consumers feeling don't mean jack.

Assassin creed and watchdog coming out same tome may lose money for assassin creeds and so why not put out watchdog during a time when there is less competition among each other and other games. THINK PEOPLE..WAKE UP..TAKE THE PILLOW FROM YOUR HEAD AND PUT A BOOK IN IT...in the words of KRS One

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bezza2011

@ewalthour: I agree with you on the Watchdogs thing, I mean we had stuff being shown from not last years E3 but the E3 before that, and we pretty much had a preview of some sort every other week, and then all of a sudden 2weeks before release they delay the game :S I mean why so much coverage for a year and then boom it's not ready very strange.

DriveClub was more of a sony doing business i think. i don't think they were anywhere near ready and they used it as a ploy to get people to buy the system,

they both seem a bit strange not coming out anytime soon or even a suggested release date, which signifies either they were not even close to finishing or there holding it off to keep the flow of games going.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ewalthour

@bezza2011: glad to hear the voice of reason. I will probably get watchdog used and of it ain't rediculous great its going back within 7 days to gamestop for a full refund.

I think I am looking forward to MGS ground zero(although over priced) more then a new IP like watchdog. I agee drive club wasnt nearly done to still not get a release. Hey bez I hope u are wrong that Sony ployed us into getting the ps4 knowing no new IP was ready for launch. If so they are a bunch of dick heads.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bezza2011

@ewalthour: Well I think DriveClub was a more Sony asked them if it would be ready for launch, they were optimistic about it, but went ahead and said yes, then they announced it and showed a short trailer and talked about it, that when it came down to it, they just wasn't ready in time, But i just don't know maybe they are just waiting for a better release date now, but i mean it was meant to be ready for the japan or china release (always get mixed up) but got delayed again so who knows.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ewalthour

@bezza2011: yeah I am with us on who knows. What I do know is I am weary of no new demos or content for ps4 for Psn every week. Only one demo every month is whack. I don't see how ps4 will supposively have over a 100 games this yr. I saw trailers for destiny but this game doesn't interest me.

My games I want this yr are mgs ground zero,Sherlock Holmes with all new game engine from last yr,tennis game,Nov possibly, drive club, division that's probably not coming out this yr, uncharted also not coming out this yr, deep down,, I guess that damn watch dog. I can't think of any others. Oh and The order of 1886 and mad max( which also may not come out this yr). Evil within could also be good. Dying light looks good but not a big first person fan.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RimacBugatti

@bezza2011:

I haven't even been able to find any recent screenshots or videos?

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bezza2011

@RimacBugatti: @ewalthour:

I cannot wait for a new tennis game, seriously the last tennies game i owned was top spin 3 i think maybe even 2 i can't remember right now but it was very sluggish and the career mode was so boring but i still love a good tennis game,

I've just pre ordered mgs ground zeroes aswel i had a voucher so thought i mite aswel get that.

I think evil within looks good, have you checked out murdered: paranormal investigation thats looks good and thats now coming out for ps4, and i already had watchdogs pre ordered from launch so i'll be getting that, i mean don't forget tho we still have E3 and many games there will be comingrelease this year which we don't know about, i mean we used to know months and months before released what date there coming out, now it seems they can just say a month before it comes out, it's crazy.

and yes on the driveclub front it has can a little dry nothing new being shown, maybe they pushed themselves to far

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@bezza2011 said:

@RimacBugatti: @ewalthour:

I cannot wait for a new tennis game, seriously the last tennies game i owned was top spin 3 i think maybe even 2 i can't remember right now but it was very sluggish and the career mode was so boring but i still love a good tennis game,

I've just pre ordered mgs ground zeroes aswel i had a voucher so thought i mite aswel get that.

I think evil within looks good, have you checked out murdered: paranormal investigation thats looks good and thats now coming out for ps4, and i already had watchdogs pre ordered from launch so i'll be getting that, i mean don't forget tho we still have E3 and many games there will be comingrelease this year which we don't know about, i mean we used to know months and months before released what date there coming out, now it seems they can just say a month before it comes out, it's crazy.

and yes on the driveclub front it has can a little dry nothing new being shown, maybe they pushed themselves to far

the tennis game in gta v is cool.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RimacBugatti

@bezza2011: I remember when Virtua Tennis came out on Dreamcast. I haven't had the money to preorder anything so I'm bored right now. I definitely want to get MGS I just hope it looks better than last gen and I know the gameplay will be awesome. Watchdogs will probably end up being some of the best gameplay we've seen in a while. I was really looking forward to Driveclub but oh well I guess. This year is going to be awesome for gaming for sure. I didn't play GTA5 since the graphics were a little disappointing. Gameplay was probably great though. I'm into gameplay and graphics and that's difficult to find these days. Uncharted will most probably have the best graphics this year I imagine.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bezza2011

@RimacBugatti: Omg i had Vitura Tennis 2 on the dream cast i think it was 2 anyway, i'll have a look tonight, but that was the one tennis game which took over my life for awhile i tried going back a couple of years ago and just couldn't get the controls again but man that game was good, i was also into the first top spin game on xbox 360 i had it for, was brilliant, cannot wait for a new game, the graphics now are just going to be amazing for this gen.

watchdogs looks good as well i had it pre ordered for launch but o well.

Uncharted will be the best looking game by far i think, i hope it is anyway.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ewalthour

@bezza2011: is drive club still only digital? Man I wanted a original driving game. Ib was tempted to get need for speed but thought drive club was coming out soon.

Comments on mgs ...I think the graphics from what I've seen look awesome. I have a feeling phantom pain will be better looking than ground zero since hideo will have more time in development to finish the game.

I am hearing a mix bag on second son from people with close door hands on gameplay from ign editors. I have a feeling the game will be high production but mediocre gameplay(repetitious)

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ewalthour

@bezza2011: comment in tennis games. My favorite tennis game is smash court pro tournament for ps2. I dont think they made one for ps3. The realism of how many types of shots u can make and great serving with pinpoint accrurate placement was great. Top spin I've bought also but wasn't as realistic. Top spin series is button mashing and more arcade style. I never had dreamcast. I had ps1,2,3 now 4 and Atari. I've played coleco vision. Which had great graphics

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By bezza2011

@ewalthour:

DriveClub is coming out as a retail and digital game, plus a ps+ version of it, and if you are ps+ and get the free version you get a discount of an upgrade to the main game. I was to looking forward to it, for an original take on the racing genre. I have heard need for speed is a really good game tho.

MGS I think looks amazing, don't care what people are putting over on system wars about certain screenshots, MGS laways deliveries on graphics i mean look at MGS4 you can think of it as you will but that games graphics are amazing. the ground zeroes is going to be the hard one to buy but i have a voucher so i pre ordered it and it'll only cost me a fraction of the price if that,

Infamous Second Son is going to be like that tho, I mean 1 and 2 were quite repetitive but look at Assassins Creed i mean the whole thing is complete and utter repeat repeat repeat even the enemies are the same in every single one, no difference..

I'll have a look at that tennis game and see what it's all about but it would be nive for a new next gen tennis game.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ewalthour

@bezza2011: voucher means a gift card or thus $10 off u got with the system? I am getting mgs digital knowing I will pay $20(which is all hideo should have charged) $39 max and $40 rapping idiots. So u know the discount after getting free version ogmf drive club? Yes I have Psn plus

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bezza2011

@ewalthour: Yes I got a £20/$30 gift voucher for christmas for a local game store here in the uk and the game is coming out for £30/$50 so i only pay £10/$20. something like that anyway lol hard working out the different currencies.

I'm pretty sure buying MGS:Ground Zeroes you will get a discount off the main game as well.

Not sure on what DriveClub discount will be but i'm sure they said there would be one for people who get the ps+ game.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ewalthour

@bezza2011: man u guys pound is killing United states currency conversion. I am going to London this may for vacation...Paris afterward then Zurich switzerland to round off my European tour. I am doing the Sherlock Holmes museum(big fan),Westminster, Windsor castle,wax museum etc. May just take pics of London eye. I have the London,Paris and Zurich pass. I prepared for most things. London is expensive as u know what. What places are must sees?

I am selling assassin creed for ps4 for $30 to gamestop. I may get more on craiglist(not sure if u guys have that website) sells or buy items. Craigslist can be hastle bartering with cheap people so figure the money will go towards a pre-order.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bezza2011

@ewalthour: London is really expensive I live further north than london where it's cheaper.

I wouldn't bother with the london eye anyway, it's so boring, it take about 2hours to go round, deffo just take a picture, You need to be going to the London Dungeon, we have a vast history of violence and blood shed here, You may have this massive gun culture over there as we are to believe from the outside, but man our history is drenched in blood, well worth a visit. also you can't not got and have a look at buckingham palace, a surreal view, esp when the red guards outside who just stand and aren't allowed to even smile. Craiglist isn't a massive thing over here, but we have similar websites for stuff like that, i don't think that site ever truly caught on here i think we have a sight but it isn't that big.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ewalthour

@bezza2011: thanks...I will look into dungeon. I believe I looked it up but seem like a long excursion which would keep me from seeing a lot of things in a day.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By bezza2011

@ewalthour: Yep london is a massive place, with inner cities with in the city aswel, so many area's so little time. I need to be heading to america to see what all the fuss is about, is there anywhere you'd recomend which is off the beaten tourist track?

I've always wanted to discover the america i don't just see on tv (miami, orlando)

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ewalthour

@bezza2011: well bezza it depends on what you like. I am from Orlando but live in Virginia now. I hate Virginia but here for work. If u like mountains go to Utah,Colorado,California and Phoenix. You must go to grand canyon on Arizona side and Nevada side near las Vegas. I lived in Phoenix not a great city but pretty mountains and hiking. If u want to see culture go to Washington dc where all museums are free. New York of course for museums and culture as well. Orlando is a young city and there is no culture besides amusement parks but a lot to do for fun. Miami is great if u are single. Don't go with wife to Miami or get slapped for breaking neck looking at all the beautiful women. I am married so I don't have a desire to go to Miami anymore. North Carolina is great for hiking and tourism and even Shenandoah valley in Virginia has great hiking and caves. Boston also great culture and history as well as Chicago.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By bezza2011

@ewalthour: I ain't married but i have a mrs and a little girl and one on the way, gonna do the whole disney thing in a few years when the kids can enjoy it, but i fancy maybe a trip to a city i don't hear about everyday washington dc would be a good trip, it be great to see the white house and all that. dam wish i'd gone to miami when i was younger and not had a mrs but i may just go, might just buy some great shades hahahaha

You won't find much talent in london like you would in miami but what you will find is a more up market type place, were quite posh compared to most places, esp londoners and your'll find a very big cultural mix here, every type of culture in the world gather in london it's crazy, and you need to be trying fish and chips and a proper breakfast, of bacon, eggs, sausages, hash browns, beans I mean seriously our breakfasts are amazing, the best of the little ones which we call greesy spoons, thats how a proper breakfast should be lol.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ewalthour

@bezza2011: lol on shades. If u like spainish women, brazilian,Columbian, cuban,Venezuelian,black,white you would love Miami.

Well I am a vegetarian most of the time unless I go to the islands and eat indigenous food there like fish and goat. I don't eat meat 90% of the time in USA. IF I eat meat it's turkey farm raised and that is rare. But London seem to have a good amount of variety and food to eat.Yeah i read London has more cultural diversity than any other city in the world. Even more than Florida which have people from everywhere.

I am telling Washington dc has great food.culture etc. Even if u don't care about white house etc. There is always something to do. I've been there over 20 times and have a sister there.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bezza2011

@ewalthour: I have to do Miami and Washington DC spoke to the mrs and she was like yes Miami will be great I'll be looking before you hahahaha. alot of money tho to get to these places,m prob a bit less than disney but still, i will get to america in the end lol.

London full of Vegetarian cuisine, We pride our selves on variety esp in London. it's crazy, I think I may just have to take you up on the recommedation of Washington DC for my first trip, how easy is it to get a tour of the white house???

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ewalthour

@bezza2011: I went to the white house on a field trip as a child. Since 911 things have gotten a lot stricter with white house access but I found info on booking tours

http://m.whitehouse.gov/about/tours-and-

events

So now you have permission to scope out all the different flavors in Miami. Lol hey bezz I left a post on mgs ground zero digital pre-order. Did u hear whether or not there will be a preorder?

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By bezza2011

@ewalthour: I know retailers are taking pre-orders now, but not sure on the whole digital version my guess is a week before or maybe 2 your'll be able to download part of it or something like that, they seem to be doing this alot more now.

I wouldn't worry i don't think it's that big of a market for mgs to even worry about a pre order anyway,

thanks for the link will take a look

commandokock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 commandokock
Member since 2009 • 502 Posts

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@ewalthour: Why would you scrutinize the reviews more than other games? Do you not appreciate that the developers are willing to push back the release so they can make sure the game's up to the proper standards?

usually they just say that to reduce backlash from the consumer. it CAN make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside though.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ewalthour

@commandokock: I just think watchdog and drive club should have known they were ready to be released but I think watchdog was ready to release but was held back but didn't want to compete with it's other game assassin creed. Watchdog showed so much of the game that I believe it was ready and didn't release for financial reasons only. Like I said before even game sites like ibn and I believe gamespot alluded to this and they probably know the inside story although it should be obvious to gamers as well. I would much rather have a game postponed to make sure it's done right. I just don't think watchdog is in this category.

rockinpapa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rockinpapa
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts

I heard rumors that drive club will use controller as steering wheel (like when you TILT controller to left car goes to left).

How true is it?

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@rockinpapa: Seeing that the Sixaxis was such a hugely popular and widely integrated feature of the ps3, it would be silly if you didn't control a highly realistic racing sim with motion controls...

rockinpapa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rockinpapa

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: Were there any other console games with this kind of controls?

(I know that it's a thing in mobile game racing games)

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO

@rockinpapa: I was being an ass... The Sixaxis was generally thought down on.

rockinpapa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By rockinpapa

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: Pardon, English isn't my first language, so it's a bit hard for me to understand your intonation, was the first post sarcasm and was I terribly wrong?

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@rockinpapa: Haha, yes. The Sixaxis wasn't highly thought of overall. I'd find it hard to believe somebody would implement it into a realistic racer.

rockinpapa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rockinpapa

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: O, TY, now get it, but why is 6axis was thought as something bad, it doesn't change a thing only adds extra?

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO

@rockinpapa: Most people would rather simply press a button once than flail their arms around.