dragon age origins or demon souls to buy?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattamomo
Member since 2010 • 929 Posts

hey everyone i am planning to get dao or ds, both are for £18 and im not sure which to spend the money on which has the best singleplayer and which has the best multiplayer reasons why i should get the game you recommend? cheers

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
both are RPGs but you'll be surprised how differenet they are DS,but make sure you know whats coming for you...
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
I wont be the last to say this: Demon's Souls is by far the better game. The story is no where near as deep or involving as DAO's is (mostly because there's little story to speak of), but it makes up for that in a very immersive atmosphere that really pulls you in. The graphics are better, the environments are better, and the best part... The gameplay is freakin' amazing. Also, if you're interested in MP you should know that DAO has none. DS on the other hand has a great co-op and PvP feature set that can make or break your success in the game. Its an awesome game, and no PS3 owning RPG fan should be without it.
Xongu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xongu
Member since 2008 • 531 Posts

I preferred Dragon Age: Origins, mainly because I loved the story and characters, but also because I didn't have the patience for Demon's Souls. If you can put up with dying repeatedly and enjoy it, go with DS. I'd say go with DA though. Just personal preference.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i found dragon age completely boring the battles are simi auto where hitting X make the main player keep swing his weapon and the cool down rate on some skills take so long its near useless and the story is generic fantasy but demons souls is a tad overrated the difficulty isn't as bad as many make it and the story is small but the gameplay is fun at times i guess demon souls is better buy because its cheaper and has better gameplay
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
i found dragon age completely boring the battles are simi auto where hitting X make the main player keep swing his weapon and the cool down rate on some skills take so long its near useless and the story is generic fantasy but demons souls is a tad overrated the difficulty isn't as bad as many make it and the story is small but the gameplay is fun at times i guess demon souls is better buy because its cheaper and has better gameplayelbert_b_23
I agree. DAO was boring. The story wasn't that great at all, and the combat was no fun for me. And the difficulty in DS is extremely overrated. All it takes is some patience and observing your enemies attack patterns and you'll do just fine.
Avatar image for chedarcheese190
chedarcheese190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 chedarcheese190
Member since 2008 • 793 Posts

i cant even continue to play dragon age. it feels so limited(in the enviremental sort of way)

demons souls i cant continue because im stuck. it feels hopeless

so yeah get demons souls. for the gameplay

Viddo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Viddo
Member since 2011 • 83 Posts

Demon souls is definitely by far the better and most challenging game. And when I say challenging, literally i mean CHALLENGING. dragon age origins isnt bad though.

karma1680

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 karma1680
Member since 2008 • 351 Posts

Just depends on what you are looking for, If you love characters and a good story then DA is the way to go nobodys gets you involved with story and the surrounding world like bioware does, If your looking for more of a combat driven game with a high difficulty then DS is the way to go, but don't expect a story thats not its strong point.

Viddo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Viddo
Member since 2011 • 83 Posts

Just depends on what you are looking for, If you love characters and a good story then DA is the way to go nobodys gets you involved with story and the surrounding world like bioware does, If your looking for more of a combat driven game with a high difficulty then DS is the way to go, but don't expect a story thats not its strong point.

karma1680
the story is a good one in demon souls but agreed if your looking for a good story DA is the way to go.
Zilch90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zilch90
Member since 2009 • 354 Posts

I prefer Demon Souls much more than Dragon Age, though Demon Souls takes some patience until you get the hang of it/get a higher level.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

I would definitely go with Demon's Souls. It's soooo much more rewarding!

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mattamomo
Member since 2010 • 929 Posts
thanks i have ordered Demons Souls
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

the vanilla Dragon Age: Origins is already a much more accomplished RPG than Demon's Souls, and if you get the ultimate edition, it will be far and away the better package.