Double Agent or Call of Duty 3 ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts

I am going to buy my third game after enjoying RFOM and Motorstorm, and I wanted you to choose which is better in terms of graphics, gameplay, and ONLINE:

As the tittle states: Double Agent or COD3?????????

Please explain why?

BTW: I still cannot believe how GREAT the RFOM experience was(ONLINE + SINGLE). As a launch game, I give it a 11/10!!! This game i awesome and I have completed the single player 3 times. The first time done it in 4 days!!!

Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
Go for Call of Duty 3... Splinter Cell is a disappointing game.
jshigashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jshigashi
Member since 2007 • 528 Posts
Call of Duty is basically like the others, with better graphics.  If you enjoyed those, then you will enjoy COD3.  I haven't played Splinter Cell.  For what it's worth, I like FEAR better than COD3 as far as single player in concerned.  I haven't played enough multiplayer to pass judgement.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AgentH

Go for Call of Duty 3... Splinter Cell is a disappointing game. Thomas-Crown

so what do you think about COD3 online?? is it close to RFOM? better? what about the graphics? does it look better than RFOM????? does it support 720p? 1080i?

ghaleon0721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ghaleon0721
Member since 2003 • 338 Posts
I haven't played COD 3, only because I already have resistance and there is only so much FPS gameplay I can stand. If you REALLY love shooters, then stick with that, but if you want something different, go with Splinter Cell. It's not a great game, but it's not bad. It's short, and the graphics are kind of a problem, but overall, its a fun game.
sdkingsht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 sdkingsht
Member since 2006 • 1091 Posts
i'm not a ww2 game fan but call of duty is a better quality game. double agent has a cooler story and is an incredible game but call of duty has the better track record and they get it right more often than splinter cell.
usule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 usule
Member since 2003 • 1734 Posts
I've got a 360, but got both of the games, I would definitely go for Call of duty3, its really fun online... Double agent is good too though...Get both if you can
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AgentH

Made my decision after reading these posts:

I AM GETTING COD3!!!! yayyyyyyyyyyy!

Thanks guys!!

usule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 usule
Member since 2003 • 1734 Posts
You won't regret it!!
garaa2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 garaa2007
Member since 2006 • 829 Posts
hey since u got rfom u dont need cod3 and its realy booring so go with Double Agent its way better
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

[QUOTE="Thomas-Crown"]Go for Call of Duty 3... Splinter Cell is a disappointing game. AgentH

so what do you think about COD3 online?? is it close to RFOM? better? what about the graphics? does it look better than RFOM????? does it support 720p? 1080i?

I actually prefer Call of Duty 3 online to Resistance, but that's just my opinion.  Yes, there's no headset support in Call of Duty 3, but that doesn't bother me at all since I usually go my own way anyway.  

Don't know about resolutions.

The story is the same thing over and over again, but if you enjoy mowin people down in a WWII atmosphere then you'll enjoy it.  I didn't experience any framerate issues.

Now Double Agent's online is way different from anything you've played.  It's spies vs. mercenaries with 3 on 3 being the max. Spies who are 3rd person have to sneak around and remotely download from 4 computers in the map, while the Mercs in 1st person, run around and try to gun down the spies.  And online runs smooth and crisp.

The single player however is a different story and definitely suffers from what I like to call Mal-Ubi-PS-Port-Itis (crappy port syndrome).  But it's still playable and packed with stealth action. 

just-guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 just-guy
Member since 2007 • 64 Posts
don't go on F.E.A.R that for sure
chrisjackson85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chrisjackson85
Member since 2006 • 357 Posts

definatly call of duty 3,

i have not played splinter cell, but i have call of duty and it truly is a WOW! GAME.

i play this game more than resistance, because of its pure realism and the fact it makes the player feel like they are in the war, the graphics are excellent and it plays truly fantastic.

i bought my system only last week with 6 games and i find it hard to play any of the other games because of this one.

franc0-shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 franc0-shade
Member since 2004 • 320 Posts

I am going to buy my third game after enjoying RFOM and Motorstorm, and I wanted you to choose which is better in terms of graphics, gameplay, and ONLINE:

As the tittle states: Double Agent or COD3?????????

Please explain why?

BTW: I still cannot believe how GREAT the RFOM experience was(ONLINE + SINGLE). As a launch game, I give it a 11/10!!! This game i awesome and I have completed the single player 3 times. The first time done it in 4 days!!!

AgentH
I have both on the X360 and I play COD3 tonnes more for multiplayer aspects, Double Agent has a great single player but you won't go back to it. COD3 has great online community and tonnes of replay-value. My opinion, not to be confused with fact.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AgentH
Y'all convincing me more and more to get COD3 over any other game not only double agent....DAMN can't wait for tomorrow to get my hands on the game!!! Once again thanks alot guys!!
pimperjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 pimperjones
Member since 2006 • 3116 Posts
Yeah Call of Duty is a great game. It was before third party developers realized that it was okay to make substandard PS3 ports.
DSPX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DSPX
Member since 2004 • 585 Posts

Yeah Call of Duty is a great game. It was before third party developers realized that it was okay to make substandard PS3 ports. pimperjones

Exactly. I would get the 360 version of both of those games, especially Double Agent. It looks like complete garbage compared to the 360 version. I hope that all cross platform games aren't going to be crappy 360 ports.

pimperjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 pimperjones
Member since 2006 • 3116 Posts
Actually COD3 is actually very good of PS3, may even be slightly better than 360
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts
Y'all convincing me more and more to get COD3 over any other game not only double agent....DAMN can't wait for tomorrow to get my hands on the game!!! Once again thanks alot guys!!AgentH
Hey good job on the topic. I'm also in the market for a new game so I might pick up COD 3 aswell. Thanks guys.
chrisjackson85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chrisjackson85
Member since 2006 • 357 Posts
you wont be dissappointed, trust me... this is a must own, i love it ... although its getting quite hard right now. :)
franc0-shade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 franc0-shade
Member since 2004 • 320 Posts
you wont be dissappointed, trust me... this is a must own, i love it ... although its getting quite hard right now. :)chrisjackson85
Totally agreed, hard as nails on veteran but worth playing!
FreakShow11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 FreakShow11
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts
I would get both of them there both good and nothing much comeing out right now you would have more then enough time to beat them both.
mrxb0x360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 mrxb0x360
Member since 2005 • 5253 Posts
Double agent. The single player is a lot of fun. The online is great.(i love the leveling up system)