Don't you hate when...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

You are playing a racer and you pass the person right in front of you at the last second, right before you both cross the finish line, (You and everyone) clearly sees it, but you don't WIN!!

It even tells you, You Win First Place or w/e, then when you get to the scoreboard, YOUR SECOND! >.>

I'm talking about Modnation Racers, Blur, and maybe Forza 3. It is sooo annoying lol, it takes a lot to get me mad but this gets me mad. >.>

It is like there is an invisible finish line before the actual finish line. It pehaps could be a connection speed issue, but that is annoying lol

Ok I'm Done, hopefully Gran Turismo 5 doesn't have this.

Laser_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Laser_Hunter
Member since 2010 • 4780 Posts
Never seen this happen :?
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ShadowDeathX
It is funny to see when it happens to one of your friends. He would like HELL YEA!!!! --- Pause for 5 Secs till Scoreboard Shows Up- WTF!?!?!??!?!? ******** I laugh at that lol....but for real it is mad annoying, it happened to me six times in a row last night.
Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts
thats a prominent occurrence in Kart Racers, it was even mentioned in the IGN review of Mod Nation racers i think. Thats why u gotta save a lil boost or some powerup before the finish line
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts
Never had it happn to me. Motorstorm is good for deciding close finishes like that.
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ShadowDeathX
thats a prominent occurrence in Kart Racers, it was even mentioned in the IGN review of Mod Nation racers i think. Thats why u gotta save a lil boost or some powerup before the finish line Bow-T_88
I guess..lol, happened to me a few times in Forza 3 tho. Though I can see why it would happen more in Blur or Modnation Racers, it is more intense. (But even boost won't help you when your in second and get first, cuz of this thing)
ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ShadowDeathX
Never had it happn to me. Motorstorm is good for deciding close finishes like that.LightR
I need Motorstorm.
sturshel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 sturshel
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts
?
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts
[QUOTE="LightR"]Never had it happn to me. Motorstorm is good for deciding close finishes like that.ShadowDeathX
I need Motorstorm.

It happens alot and the timer counts down to hundreths of a second I believe. There's also a trophy that requires you to win a race by .1 of a second.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Its just your typical lag... like on a FPS you are positive you got a headshot but suddenly he turns and kills you.... Same fashion here, you see your opponent a little bit behind what he's actually at similar to having to shoot infront of a running player when you have a lag... Also counts on these games.
blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts
It is funny to see when it happens to one of your friends. He would like HELL YEA!!!! --- Pause for 5 Secs till Scoreboard Shows Up- WTF!?!?!??!?!? ******** I laugh at that lol....but for real it is mad annoying, it happened to me six times in a row last night.ShadowDeathX
The best solution is to be 2nd so you won't be like wtf.
dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dk00111
Member since 2007 • 3123 Posts
I've played tons of racing games and I've never experienced that...