DONT WATCH GAMETRAILERS Uncharted 2 Review

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LORDDICE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LORDDICE1
Member since 2007 • 1263 Posts

Just watched it and they give away key info on some of the characters I would have been happier not knowing about. So now going into playing it they spoiled some possibly good plot twists :(!!!!

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

I just skipped the story segment.

On a side note I felt they complained too much about its "unoriginal nature".:roll:

LORDDICE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LORDDICE1
Well sounds like you didnt notice some things they show with the characters through the whole thing. I have been eating up all the info I can get and it was a slap in the face when I saw some key points in there....... Also ya its wierd how they complain about unoriginallity. What game is original anymore? I just hope the first uncharted gets a boost from the new one, it was a great game that deserved better sales and reviews. [QUOTE="dercoo"]

I just skipped the story segment.

On a side note I felt the complained too much about its "unoriginal nature".:roll:

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts

Just watched it and they give away key info on some of the characters I would have been happier not knowing about. So now going into playing it they spoiled some possibly good plot twists :(!!!!

LORDDICE1
I made the same mistake earlier and boy do I regret it. :(
Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#5 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts
Honestly, while Uncharted borrows from other games, it can't be called unoriginal. For example, it borrows platforming and adventure elements from Tomb Raider, but it combines that with over-the-shoulder shooting mechanics similar to Gears of War, and vice-versa. It's basically a platformer, puzzler, shooter and story-driven game all in one, and to me, that seems original.
FanaFall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FanaFall
Member since 2009 • 275 Posts

After watching it I froze my water bottle and beat my head until I had a memory loss..

Well didn't work..

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts

After watching it I froze my water bottle and beat my head until I had a memory loss..

Well didn't work..

FanaFall

LORDDICE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LORDDICE1

Thats the thing another game has those elements, honestly who cares though. Like I said no game is really original anymore. I will take a well polished fun game that isnt completely original over a crappy game that has a good idea and doesnt quite get there.

Honestly, while Uncharted borrows from other games, it can't be called unoriginal. For example, it borrows platforming and adventure elements from Tomb Raider, but it combines that with over-the-shoulder shooting mechanics similar to Gears of War, and vice-versa. It's basically a platformer, puzzler, shooter and story-driven game all in one, and to me, that seems original.Tikicobra

hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Good thing i dont watch gametrailer reviews XD

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

I watched all of it! So awesome!

KrazyC18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KrazyC18
Member since 2006 • 1535 Posts
THANK YOU for the warning! we need more ppl like you.
Ma_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ma_king
Member since 2009 • 68 Posts
I only look to gamespot to satisfy all my reviewing needs. :D
AnthonyLuu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AnthonyLuu
Member since 2004 • 665 Posts

maybe there's a plot twist to all the spoiler parts in the review.
i hope

Darth_Snutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Darth_Snutch
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts

Ya i started watching the video review and about a third of the way in i shut it off realizing they were giving away to much. They really should have put a spoiler warning on it.

LORDDICE1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LORDDICE1
I hope thats a joke :)!!! Since gamespot doesnt review nearly as many games as other sites, tend to have their reviews out very late and not always the best reviews.
I only look to gamespot to satisfy all my reviewing needs. :DMa_king
xboxfreak1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xboxfreak1
Member since 2004 • 461 Posts

Well, I watched Invisible Walls this Friday on Gametrailers and they said there are so many twists and turns and betrayals that you will see the first few coming, but then you can't begin to guess what happens, in a good way. So maybe it was like so many tv previews or movie previews where they were showing you one thing, but that is just to trick you into thinking that is what is going to happen, but it might not actually be... just a thought. Then again, I've been following this game and it didn't look like there were that many spoilers to me. That's just my 2 cents

Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts
I believe one of the GT editors on the site mentioned that while the review spoils certain cutscenes that occur in the game, they only hand-picked the most general, predictable scenes by which gamers would be able to foresee from a mile away. All the scenes shown in the review were scenes that gamers are not suddenly caught off-guard from, nor are suprised by : they are general, storyflowing cutscenes that emphasize a keypoint the review was trying to make, without divulging into the details of where that cutscene derived from. Even then, these cutscenes hold no water against apparently a 90 minute cutscene-filled game (the equivalent of a movie length feature film), and are purposely picked to not reveal any key plot twist. Despite this, I am witholding myself from watching the video review until I can complete the game for myself. I would like to keep the element of freshness and suprise when I pop in that game into my ps3.
dirtydishko2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dirtydishko2
Member since 2008 • 787 Posts
TC, thank you for your thread warning others not to watch the Uncharted 2 trailer. If not for your thread, I wouldn't have even known about that awesome trailer. Wow this game looks good. And P.S., yes, this game does seriously lack originality. It is still however, an awesome game. It's one of those games that forces you to complete the entire capmaign in one sitting because there are no stopping points or breaks in between the awesome action.