don't know if I should geta a new ps3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darkkaix17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 darkkaix17
Member since 2005 • 122 Posts

I have a 80 gigabite ps3 its geting old had it before the slim models came out wounder if I should get a newer model ps3 my old one is still good newer games that install alot of data eat up my systems memory

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Just get a new one if yours break.
garfield360uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 garfield360uk
Member since 2006 • 20381 Posts

I have a 80 gigabite ps3 its geting old had it before the slim models came out wounder if I should get a newer model ps3 my old one is still good newer games that install alot of data eat up my systems memory

darkkaix17
Perhaps look to get a new hard drive for your PS3. You could get a 2.5" SATA Laptop hard disk of various memory capacity that will allow you to have much more data than the 80 Gig model (I have an 80 gig and am planning a hard disk upgrade myself).
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

I would say keep it.

80gb is enough, just delete some older stuff.

PS4 in a couple years anyway.

fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fsurb28
Member since 2008 • 1329 Posts

there's always good deals on craigslist, well in my area there are

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
Upgrade to a Slim, you won't regret it. I had the older model for a really long time and traded it in for the slim about a little over 6 months ago.
Avatar image for Defy_The_Fallen
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Defy_The_Fallen
Member since 2011 • 621 Posts

If its only the memory your worried about you could allways just buy a new hard drive. My friend put a 500GB hard drive in because the PS3's support just normal SATA Hard drives, heck you could have 2TB's of memory on your ps3! obviously that would mean getting rid of the stuff you allready have on that hard drive, but so does buying a new ps3.......

TheCraving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 TheCraving
Member since 2003 • 648 Posts

If it breaks, get yourself a new slim one. I had a 40GB (changed the HDD to 320GB) and have been through a few of them, each time Sony sending me a refurbished one. I picked a slim today after the fat one finally died and its great and I still have that old Hard Drive to put in as well.

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Install a larger hard drive..
killev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 killev
Member since 2010 • 657 Posts

If u have the money then u should get the slim 320 gb model. YOU wont hav any dust problems beacuse the slim is fully covered from all the sides.

Noc2urnal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Noc2urnal
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
U can just buy a 2.5 inch laptop hard drive. I swapped out my 40gb hard drive for a 320gb. I got the 320gb 5400 RPM for like 40 bucks on amazon, dont know if the price on it has dropped but i got a western digital one. Its pretty damn easy to swap out the hard drive, just remember to use a perfectly size screwdriver that fits on the screws because those things are on tight. You can just look up tutorials on youtube on what size of hard drive your ps3 uses( i assume all ps3's uses 2.5 inch laptop hard drives) But if i had the money to spend, id probably buy a slim instead because who knows how long the fat models will last, alot of people i know has had the YLOD during this year and we got our ps3's around the same time to(GTAIV release) luckily for me mine hasnt died yet.