doesn't this mean the GO! will play less games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

i mean it doesn't have umd, and not every game is on the store. so does this mean that you won't be able to play all psp games on the GO!? or are they going to put all the games on the store?

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts

i mean it doesn't have umd, and not every game is on the store. so does this mean that you won't be able to play all psp games on the GO!? or are they going to put all the games on the store?

kweeni
they are going to release every game on the store. This is going to cost a ton of money and they definitely won't see the results they want. Sony should just drop the go, they won't get the profits they want, if any at all.
mondo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 mondo7
Member since 2005 • 36 Posts

My understanding of the way things will work is that they'll have some kinda program where if you already own the UMD you"ll be able to acquire a digital copy for free. The way things are going, slightly more and more PSP games are being released download only and new games are being added all the time. So they should have an improved selection by the time the GO hits shelves.

As for whether the GO will fail or not is yet to be seen. This is a huge gamble, what with it being like the 4th iteration of the same system and featuring download only media. Rest assured that the industry will be closely monitoring the GO as the future of gaming seems to be gravitating toward download only media. The success of the Xbox Live Arcade and PSN are clear evidence of this. The GO will show everybody if the industry is ready to make that jump.

MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 MorbidToaster
Member since 2008 • 1434 Posts
[QUOTE="kweeni"]

SF_KiLLaMaN
they are going to release every game on the store. This is going to cost a ton of money and they definitely won't see the results they want. Sony should just drop the go, they won't get the profits they want, if any at all.

It won't cost them hardly anything. That's one reason they're doing a completely digital platform. While I don't see the money rolling in, it's because of the price of the actual system. It's ridiculous. Although if there is a trade in program from UMD to Digital, it could sway alot of people, including myself.
Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts
[QUOTE="MorbidToaster"] Although if there is a trade in program from UMD to Digital, it could sway alot of people, including myself.

me too, i'd still wait for a price drop, but having all your games on a hard drive and being able to convert umd games to it that would be awesome.
lostcali8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 lostcali8
Member since 2005 • 2548 Posts

Sony is definitely not going to release every game on the store. They would never be able to secure licensing for everything.

It will probably be around 70% of the PSP's library.

More_Dakka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#7 More_Dakka
Member since 2007 • 1625 Posts

if there is a trade in program from UMD to Digital, it could sway alot of people, including myself.MorbidToaster

Same here- I can't say whether or not I'll ever get the Go until we learn more about how Sony will handle all those PSP owners who don't want to pay additional money for games they already own on UMDs.

If Sony doesn't come up with anything good for this- then I'll be ignoring the Go.