doesnt it suk theres no psp redisgn?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gongytron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gongytron
Member since 2004 • 463 Posts

i was looking forward to it.  the psp would probably sell the 18 million it needs to pass up the ds in sales. oh well. ) :

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
Doesn't really matter. PSP is more for media than games, and that's what handhelds work on, games.
Avatar image for CrazyMuppetLord
CrazyMuppetLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 CrazyMuppetLord
Member since 2004 • 209 Posts

i was looking forward to it.  the psp would probably sell the 18 million it needs to pass up the ds in sales. oh well. ) :

gongytron
why would it need a redesign?? it's virtually perfect as it is. I would like to see another analog stick, though...
B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#4 B-bad
Member since 2002 • 5705 Posts
Doesn't really matter. PSP is more for media than games, and that's what handhelds work on, games.Legendaryscmt
there's a grow library of cool games on the PSP dont believe all the reviews that say psp game suck, most sites and mags are comparing the experience on psp to that of a console game which IMO IS WRONG! There are many games on the PSP to keep any gamer happy and the extra features is a real plus. A redesign maybe in the works in the future, but there are thing like lowering the Price and releasing the different colors (White, Blue, Silver, Gold, Pink, Camo) and releasing more features (playstation store on PSP without the need for a PS3) and games.
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#5 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts
i like hte currrent one. it has to be ballin for me to get it all over again. ds lite was better so thats why i got it.

gongytron
tman978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 tman978
Member since 2003 • 2007 Posts
most people are against a redesign because they cost so much.  When I first saw the thing I wondered why they made it with one analog pad and 2 L+R button. Tomb Raider would have been alot more fun if I could adjust the screen while I was moving.  
blustrkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 blustrkr
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

They did say they were planning on making it smaller and lighter in the future, you know.

But you can't really complain with the current design, it's so awesome looking.

tman978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tman978
Member since 2003 • 2007 Posts

They did say they were planning on making it smaller and lighter in the future, you know.

blustrkr

yeah. it's way too early. alot of folks that just shelled out $250+ will be really pissed to see a better one out.

blustrkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blustrkr
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I agree. I would be mad myself.

Nintendo used to do that. Look at the Game Boy Advance, there's three different versions of it. The normal one, the SP, and the Micro. Completely useless; each of them probably has one advantage over another.

It seems to me Nintendo has gotten better at that though, so nevermind.

There were rumors of a new PSP with a hard drive inside of it. That would be very awesome, and another analog stick would be cool as well. I think they should just spend their time on the next PSP though and really make it worthwhile. To be honest, the game library sucks on this PSP, they're all ports. They need to improve on that.

Some_One_Plays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Some_One_Plays
Member since 2006 • 880 Posts
ce

gongytron

My Opinion

I would like a redesign as well because some games like the Grand Theft Auto (GTA) series, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, Star Wars: Lethal Alliance...etc. Since there isn't a second analog stick the controls can make it difficult at times. If they do eventually decide to redesign it I would also like them to make the music, videos, and load times more better on the Sony PlayStation Portable (Sony PSP). On cnet it is considered to be the best handheld (Nintendo vs Sony) so with a new design it can make it even better.

bobstrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 bobstrife
Member since 2005 • 2657 Posts

Nintendo used to do that. Look at the Game Boy Advance, there's three different versions of it. The normal one, the SP, and the Micro. Completely useless; each of them probably has one advantage over another.

There were rumors of a new PSP with a hard drive inside of it. That would be very awesome, and another analog stick would be cool as well. I think they should just spend their time on the next PSP though and really make it worthwhile. To be honest, the game library sucks on this PSP, they're all ports. They need to improve on that.

blustrkr
I agree. PSP game library isnt that good.
Some_One_Plays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Some_One_Plays

blustrkr

Actually theyhave something like that at futureshop it's a 4GB Hard Drive with extended battery life.

FEATURES:
Hard Drive:

• Uses Ultra-Reliable Micro-Drive Technology.
  • Interfaces with the PSP by means of a flexible Memory Stick adapter which is plugged into the Memory Stick slot on the PSP.
  • Attaches snugly to the back of the PSP by means of two location posts which slot into corresponding holes on the back of the PSP.

Battery:

• Lithium-Polymer Battery Technology
  • Battery weighs 125 g.

*Technical Note: If you are experiencing a video-lag or out-of-sync problem, please update your PSP's Firmware. This problem doesn't occur with PSP Firmware 2.00 or above.

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
[QUOTE="blustrkr"]

bobstrife

You seem to be mistaken
Some_One_Plays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Some_One_Plays

[QUOTE="blustrkr"]

tman978

yeah. it's way too early. alot of folks that just shelled out $250 will be really pissed to see a better one out.

The solution to thatis you can trade in your old Sony PlayStation Portable (Sony PSP) for the newer version. If you have proof of purchase then you can trade it in for the new one with no cost at all. With people without proof of purchase would have a discount depending,  (on whatever reason Sony says like...how well it works...etc.) can get $150.00 off or a percentage.

So the people who bought the older version can get the new one without making Sony loose money because they already paid for it. With the new version Sony will be getting new buyers. With the proof of purchase thing it is so people won't just steal a Sony PSP just to get a free newer version.

Note: This was just a thought so keep that in mind.

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
[QUOTE="tman978"]

[QUOTE="blustrkr"]

Some_One_Plays

yeah. it's way too early. alot of folks that just shelled out $250 will be really pissed to see a better one out.

The solution to thatis you can trade in your old Sony PlayStation Portable (Sony PSP) for the newer version. If you have proof of purchase then you can trade it in for the new one with no cost at all. With people without proof of purchase would have a discount depending,  (on whatever reason Sony says like...how well it works...etc.) can get $150.00 off or a percentage.

So the people who bought the older version can get the new one without making Sony loose money because they already paid for it. With the new version Sony will be getting new buyers. With the proof of purchase thing it is so people won't just steal a Sony PSP just to get a free newer version.

>

Just like Apple and Nintendo do with their hardware revisions? Will not ever happen...
joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
a redesign would surely be awsome....
bobstrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 bobstrife
Member since 2005 • 2657 Posts
[QUOTE="bobstrife"][QUOTE="blustrkr"]

xaos

You seem to be mistaken

I meant for my gaming taste. And most games that i do want for psp i cant find in any store, and my dad doesnt like buyin stuff online. ( he's in charge of the online buying )
jatt_soljha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jatt_soljha
Member since 2006 • 190 Posts

i like the design of the psp and i prolly wouldnt buy a new design

if there ever is a redesign i doubt there would be another anologue stick/nub because they would have to make the same game twice, one for the psp without the second nub and one with

B-bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#19 B-bad
Member since 2002 • 5705 Posts
[QUOTE="xaos"][QUOTE="bobstrife"][QUOTE="blustrkr"]

bobstrife

You seem to be mistaken

I meant for my gaming taste. And most games that i do want for psp i cant find in any store, and my dad doesnt like buyin stuff online. ( he's in charge of the online buying )

What kinds of games are you interested in because there seems to be just about every type of game on the PSP AS for the whole two analog nub(sticks)thing sure it would be cool if they added it......... but really developers have to make games with the PSP controls in mind instead of trying to force consoles controls on the system. There were great 3d games before dual analog ps1( original PS1 didnt have analog stick), n64, and dreamcast manage to pull it off.
Some_One_Plays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Some_One_Plays

i like the design of the psp and i prolly wouldnt buy a new design

if there ever is a redesign i doubt there would be another anologue stick/nub because they would have to make the same game twice, one for the psp without the second nub and one with

jatt_soljha

Or when playing with the redesigned model (with older games) you'll just be playing with the original scheme (buttons / analog stick). With the newer games be playing with the extra buttons / analog stick.

oscarmik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 oscarmik
Member since 2006 • 491 Posts
[QUOTE="blustrkr"]

Some_One_Plays

Actually theyhave something like that at futureshop it's a 4GB Hard Drive with extended battery life.

FEATURES:
Hard Drive:

• Uses Ultra-Reliable Micro-Drive Technology. ULTRA-RELIABLE people! Humour.
  • Interfaces with the PSP by means of a flexible Memory Stick adapter which is plugged into the Memory Stick slot on the PSP. *Cough cough* Jam.
  • Attaches snugly to the back of the PSP by means of two location posts which slot into corresponding holes on the back of the PSP. Sticks out of your beatiful thin PSP by like 4 Centimetres.

Battery:

• Lithium-Polymer Battery Technology. Of the lowest quality possible.
  • Battery weighs 125 g. Just added weight.

*Technical Note: If you are experiencing a video-lag or out-of-sync problem, please update your PSP's Firmware. This problem doesn't occur with PSP Firmware 2.00 or above. LOOOL, sure... Blame the firmware.

Humour, Have you seen the actual size of that thing? It sticks out about 4 Centimetres, It's fugly.

And why would the PSP need a Redesign? Sony has crapped f*ing Console quality in a sleek looking handheld and you're still not happy?? Two analog nubs, new games would have to be customized to them, and old PSP(User)s? Wouldn't be a lot of profit for the Developers if only a small number of PSPers could play them.

Stop trolling and buy a DS if you aren't happy with the PSP. *Zomgs! Id haz Tuchscren!*

Avatar image for blackadderthe8t
blackadderthe8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blackadderthe8t
Member since 2005 • 837 Posts
Dont be daft. If they redesigned it with more buttons or another nubbin they would instantly alienate every single owner of an original PSP who wouldn't be able to play any new games. Besides which it would cost so much more than the current one. Its too costly, time consuming and risky. Sony wouldn't do it for a long time.
Some_One_Plays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Some_One_Plays
[QUOTE="Some_One_Plays"][QUOTE="blustrkr"]

oscarmik

FEATURES:
Hard Drive:

• Uses Ultra-Reliable Micro-Drive Technology. ULTRA-RELIABLE people! Humour.
  • Interfaces with the PSP by means of a flexible Memory Stick adapter which is plugged into the Memory Stick slot on the PSP. *Cough cough* Jam.
  • Attaches snugly to the back of the PSP by means of two location posts which slot into corresponding holes on the back of the PSP. Sticks out of your beatiful thin PSP by like 4 Centimetres.

Battery:

• Lithium-Polymer Battery Technology. Of the lowest quality possible.
  • Battery weighs 125 g. Just added weight.

*Technical Note: If you are experiencing a video-lag or out-of-sync problem, please update your PSP's Firmware. This problem doesn't occur with PSP Firmware 2.00 or above. LOOOL, sure... Blame the firmware.

Humour, Have you seen the actual size of that thing? It sticks out about 4 Centimetres, It's fugly.

And why would the PSP need a Redesign? Sony has crapped f*ing Console quality in a sleek looking handheld and you're still not happy?? Two analog nubs, new games would have to be customized to them, and old PSP(User)s? Wouldn't be a lot of profit for the Developers if only a small number of PSPers could play them.

Stop trolling and buy a DS if you aren't happy with the PSP. *Zomgs! Id haz Tuchscren!*

Exercising The Mind 

I like the Sony PlayStation Portable don't get me wrong but with everything there is always room for improvment. With the Sony PlayStation Portable I'm just saying that can be improved I can say the same with the Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, Microsoft Vista...etc. With everything that is created you can always improve upon, it keep that in mind when you want to invent something. It keeps the mind going rather than being satisfied with everything at the same time being glad of what you have.

4GB Hard Drive

I haven't actually seen if before or seen it in use. So I don't know what you're saying about it is true or false

wiis2player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wiis2player
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts
who says they've stopped plans for a redesign yet?
Some_One_Plays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Some_One_Plays

who says they've stopped plans for a redesign yet?wiis2player

Lol, gongytron said