Does Sony own Quantic Dream?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Carving_a_GSAU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Carving_a_GSAU
Member since 2012 • 58 Posts

If not, they should ASAP. What do you think?

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
No they don't. They are pretty much second party at this point. Exclusively making games and having Sony publish them, even though they are fully independent. I would be fine with Sony buying them as I really appreciate what David Cage does. He makes great games.
Carving_a_GSAU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Carving_a_GSAU

Ah ok, fair enough. Does anyone know what the story behind the developmont of HR was? Did QD initially pitch the idea to both Sony and MS, and MS brushed it off, while Sony was interested? I could see this happening, as MS would have looked at it and thought "this aint gonna make money". But now that MS has seen that HR was actually quite successful, they may want in on future QD projects. (i mean, after Beyond). It would be a shame for Sony to let them go

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

There's no rush, until next generation at least. The 360 couldn't handle a QD title! :P

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
I don't think this would be a good candidate for a studio that Sony should "buy" since it seems like it's dominated by one guy, and he likes to make very much the same type of game (interactive movies). What if Cage guy left the studio? Then Sony basically would have bought nothing. I believe Sony takes ownership of these IP's anyway(?). So there is really nothing for them to buy, however hopefully they keep up the good relationship and he makes a nice PS4 game as well (when I'm sure he can take these movie/games to a whole new level of realism). Hopefully Kara turns into a PS4 project :)
3000s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 3000s
Member since 2005 • 1284 Posts

No they don't. They are pretty much second party at this point. Exclusively making games and having Sony publish them, even though they are fully independent. I would be fine with Sony buying them as I really appreciate what David Cage does. He makes great games. senses_fail_06

Your signature is epic! LMFAO!!

3000s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 3000s
Member since 2005 • 1284 Posts

I think they have a good relationship and it seem there is some level of freedom the developers are experiencing when it comes to the PS3 and its hardware!! But sony should be smart enough to keep a developer like QD close to them or they its their loss big time!!

Avatar image for Richard_The_Gr8
Richard_The_Gr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Richard_The_Gr8
Member since 2009 • 620 Posts

QD originally made farernheit on PS2 and another game I think, I thinks its more of an allegiance and that they prefer the audience that sony has compared to ms

ipumpmygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ipumpmygun
Member since 2007 • 456 Posts

QD originally made farernheit on PS2 and another game I think, I thinks its more of an allegiance and that they prefer the audience that sony has compared to ms

Richard_The_Gr8

If they buy them I don't want Sony to over abuse them and milk QD.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

[QUOTE="Richard_The_Gr8"]

ipumpmygun

If they buy them I don't want Sony to over abuse them and milk QD.

...do you want Sony to over abuse and milk any developer?
chris_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chris_n
Member since 2003 • 893 Posts

Ellen Page clones should be Sony exclusives.

HardGames420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HardGames420
Member since 2011 • 233 Posts

If not, they should ASAP. What do you think?

Carving_a_GSAU

I think it would be great for SONY as these guys make some unique games and possess real talent.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

chris_n
I like Ellen Page, but why put her in the game? I'd prefer a unique game character. I also don't mind character models that resemble real life actors, or indentical ones to unknown actors.. but I thought it was a poor choice by Quantic Dream to go with a famous actor.
Carving_a_GSAU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Carving_a_GSAU

[QUOTE="chris_n"]

Elann2008

I like Ellen Page, but why put her in the game? I'd prefer a unique game character. I also don't mind character models that resemble real life actors, or indentical ones to unknown actors.. but I thought it was a poor choice by Quantic Dream to go with a famous actor.

Well, maybe not such a poor choice, as perhaps the game will sell better. Maybe people who arent really into games might get into it if they see that there is a famous actress in the game. I dunno, maybe i'm talking crap.

Avatar image for Richard_The_Gr8
Richard_The_Gr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Richard_The_Gr8
Member since 2009 • 620 Posts

The acting in heavy rain wasnt the best so getting an actual good actor will make it overall more enjoyable as an experience.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#16 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

No they don't, but there is probably a good relationship between the two. Though I don't think Sony would ever make that move.

chris_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 chris_n
Member since 2003 • 893 Posts
[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="chris_n"]

[QUOTE="Elann2008"][QUOTE="chris_n"]

Carving_a_GSAU

Well, maybe not such a poor choice, as perhaps the game will sell better. Maybe people who arent really into games might get into it if they see that there is a famous actress in the game. I dunno, maybe i'm talking crap.

I remember when they unveiled Last of Us, everyone went: ''Omg, Ellen Page, day one!''. Of course, her celebrity status will weigh-in on the success of the game and the copies pushed. People buy things just for the name, you can't deny that. It also helps that Ellen is an award winning actress who's as cute as a button. Also, we'll have fans of Ellen Page look into gaming on the PS3 as they admire her acting skills, and the fact that she stars in Beyond: Two Souls with facial recognition features is similar to playing a movie starring her. If anything, she is only helping the game, and I'm glad she decided to go ahead with the project.
CHEVINATOR123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 CHEVINATOR123
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Ah ok, fair enough. Does anyone know what the story behind the developmont of HR was? Did QD initially pitch the idea to both Sony and MS, and MS brushed it off, while Sony was interested? I could see this happening, as MS would have looked at it and thought "this aint gonna make money". But now that MS has seen that HR was actually quite successful, they may want in on future QD projects. (i mean, after Beyond). It would be a shame for Sony to let them go

Carving_a_GSAU
Dont know about their story, but i know thatgamecompany literally went to every publisher and got turned down until Sony picked them up on a 3 game contract
Carving_a_GSAU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Carving_a_GSAU

[QUOTE="Carving_a_GSAU"]

CHEVINATOR123

Dont know about their story, but i know thatgamecompany literally went to every publisher and got turned down until Sony picked them up on a 3 game contract

Thank god Sony is willing to invest in games like Journey and Beyond.

Are there any interviews with Ellen Page about Beyond?