Does GOW 2 save directly to PS3 hard drive or....?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mezztro113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mezztro113
Member since 2004 • 1090 Posts
Do you need the memory card conversion thing?  Thanks in advance.
Avatar image for xcoregamerskill
xcoregamerskill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xcoregamerskill
Member since 2006 • 892 Posts
If you don't create a Virtual memory card from Data already on a PS2 memory card, then you will have to set one up, and then the system will save to it. the adapter is 15 bucks, and interfaces to your PS3 via the USB cable that comes with the system.
Liams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Liams
Member since 2003 • 1704 Posts

If you don't create a Virtual memory card from Data already on a PS2 memory card, then you will have to set one up, and then the system will save to it. the adapter is 15 bucks, and interfaces to your PS3 via the USB cable that comes with the system.xcoregamerskill

I'm really looking forward to getting my PS3 on March 23rd but the cost just keeps going up and up and up. First you need a HDMI cable to get the full experience, Now there might be a possibility of a rumble controller and now I'm being told I need an adaptor to save my PS2 games? I'm going to be broke by the end of the year. It's all worth it though, right...........?

dvdcsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dvdcsn
Member since 2005 • 237 Posts

[QUOTE="xcoregamerskill"]If you don't create a Virtual memory card from Data already on a PS2 memory card, then you will have to set one up, and then the system will save to it. the adapter is 15 bucks, and interfaces to your PS3 via the USB cable that comes with the system.Liams

I'm really looking forward to getting my PS3 on March 23rd but the cost just keeps going up and up and up. First you need a HDMI cable to get the full experience, Now there might be a possibility of a rumble controller and now I'm being told I need an adaptor to save my PS2 games? I'm going to be broke by the end of the year. It's all worth it though, right...........?

Sure.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
You only need the adaptor to transfer your Saved PS2 files on a real memory card to your PS3. If you play GoW II from the start on your PS3, you only need to create a virtual memory card and the game will save to the virtual memory card.
bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts

[QUOTE="xcoregamerskill"]If you don't create a Virtual memory card from Data already on a PS2 memory card, then you will have to set one up, and then the system will save to it. the adapter is 15 bucks, and interfaces to your PS3 via the USB cable that comes with the system.Liams

I'm really looking forward to getting my PS3 on March 23rd but the cost just keeps going up and up and up. First you need a HDMI cable to get the full experience, Now there might be a possibility of a rumble controller and now I'm being told I need an adaptor to save my PS2 games? I'm going to be broke by the end of the year. It's all worth it though, right...........?

the adapter's only 15 bucks, and you really only need to use it once, to transfer your old ps2 saves from the ps2 memory card to the ps3. buy it at a place with a good return policy, use it once, and return it or something.
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#7 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts
I have the 20GB (put in a 120GB HD). So, I cannot save PS2 games to my hard drive without an adaptor?
mack10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 mack10
Member since 2002 • 12394 Posts

You don't need an adaptor to save PS2 games...you can setup a "save file" for your PS2 games directly on your PS3 hard-drive. You wold need an adaptor if you want to transfer games from your PS2 memory card to your PS3...or if you need more room to save your PS2 games.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 G-Legend
No...the adaptor is just there to transfer saved files from your PS2 memory card to your PS3. To save PS2 games to your PS3 all you need to do is create the Virtual Memory Card on the XMB... 
VeSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 VeSupreme
Member since 2006 • 1963 Posts
If you have PS2 internal memory card then no. All you do is put a PS2 game in and it will ask if you want to create one.
mezztro113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mezztro113
Member since 2004 • 1090 Posts
Thanks guys!
Liams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Liams
Member since 2003 • 1704 Posts
Thanks to all of those for putting my mind at ease.
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ironcreed

You only need the adaptor to transfer your Saved PS2 files on a real memory card to your PS3. If you play GoW II from the start on your PS3, you only need to create a virtual memory card and the game will save to the virtual memory card.G-Legend

THANK YOU, Just what I wanted to hear. Mind if I ask how I create a virtual memory card? I just have not played any PS2 games on my PS3 yet, and I have GOW 2 on the way. 

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 G-Legend

[QUOTE="G-Legend"]You only need the adaptor to transfer your Saved PS2 files on a real memory card to your PS3. If you play GoW II from the start on your PS3, you only need to create a virtual memory card and the game will save to the virtual memory card.ironcreed

THANK YOU, Just what I wanted to hear. Mind if I ask how I create a virtual memory card? I just have not played any PS2 games on my PS3 yet, and I have GOW 2 on the way. 

It's not hard it takes like 2 seconds.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ironcreed

If you have PS2 internal memory card then no. All you do is put a PS2 game in and it will ask if you want to create one.VeSupreme

Guess that answers my question. Good deal. Thanks a million.

Lub1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lub1
Member since 2005 • 517 Posts
can you use the PS2 dualshock for GOW2 if you play it on the PS3? Because otherwise you won't feel much rumble...
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 G-Legend

can you use the PS2 dualshock for GOW2 if you play it on the PS3? Because otherwise you won't feel much rumble...Lub1

No you cannot use the PS2 dualshock on the PS3.

Segitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Segitz
Member since 2004 • 64 Posts
Same here 23rd, already preordered. HDMI cables range from as low as 5€ here in Germany (www.reichelt.de) You do *NOT* need the Memory adapter to save PS2 games, you only need it to convert your old memory card saves from the PS2 to be used on PS3!

EDIT:

Guess I was a bit late ^^
Lub1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lub1
Member since 2005 • 517 Posts
myeah, then I'm gonna play it on my good old PS2.
jonesy1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jonesy1911
Member since 2003 • 3483 Posts
I'm wondering if my maxdrive will let me transfer files over of ps2 games.... can ps3 take those small cds like what the game cube has, because the max drive disk is a small disk, i dont wanna try it on the 23rd if its gonna break my ps3 lol
evan_hotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 evan_hotham
Member since 2005 • 477 Posts
is GOW 2 any good? i never played the first one
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 G-Legend
GoW is an amazing game I suggest you also get the first one for story and gameplay wise too. 
evan_hotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 evan_hotham
Member since 2005 • 477 Posts
ya i'm more of a GTA, and sports and war (army) type games....will i like GOW, do you think? i might rent it...but i don't really wanna buy ps2 games anymore...im selling my ps2 and 16 games + 3 memory cards and a controller for $200.