Does Anyone Have A Real Explanation Of The Mutant Like Bosses In The MGS Series?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Space_Cowboy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Space_Cowboy7
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts
So I've been playing the series trying to fully comprehend the story before i eventually jump into MGS4. So im playing MGS and bla bla great game whatever......then i play MGS2 and im playing and bla bla whatever........then i get to MGS 3 and i i get to the pain boss battle......then i ponder why can he control wasps? Then i go back to MGS2 and ponder why is Fortune nearily invinvible in war.....then i go back to MGS and ponder why is psyco mantis able to control people, i mean i know what the story tells and all but like is there any explanation of why there are these super natural beings in the series? Did i miss something? What kind of world is snake living in?!? Any body know?
WongB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 WongB
Member since 2004 • 1701 Posts
Fortune had some type of Magnetic belt on or something that deflected bullets off her. That isn't quite super natural. Vamp is a vampire that doesn't die. Wait til you get to MGS3, even more supernatural bosses.

*spoilers*

The Fear was actually a lizard that was rolling around in the same mutant goo as the ninja turtles.
Hoffman-Hansen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hoffman-Hansen
Member since 2006 • 446 Posts

Fortune had some type of Magnetic belt on or something that deflected bullets off her. That isn't quite super natural. Vamp is a vampire that doesn't die. Wait til you get to MGS3, even more supernatural bosses.
WongB

***HERE BE MGS2 SPOILERS!***

Fortune can deflect bullets without her belt. She does so after Raiden battles the Ray's, after being shot by Ocelot (he turns the magnet thingy off with a remote) saving Raiden and Snake from Ocelots bombardment.

Space_Cowboy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Space_Cowboy7

*spoilers*

The Fear was actually a lizard that was rolling around in the same mutant goo as the ninja turtles.
WongB

Lol. Yeah im already on MGS3 i dont get it why cant snake be super natural?

WongB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WongB
Member since 2004 • 1701 Posts
Heh, its been a long time since I played it...Maybe the belt was on so long even her cells got magnetized and she herself got a charge. Or it got passed along genetically from her parents.
da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 da1on2
Member since 2006 • 4885 Posts

Because it's fiction

/thread

GIJesse77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 GIJesse77
Member since 2006 • 3034 Posts

*spoilers*

WongB
But if you remember the ending of MGS2, you see Fortune get back up from being shot and deflect all the missles from the Metal Gear Ray without that thing.
EmptySki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 EmptySki
Member since 2004 • 3743 Posts

well the world is edited :)

fiction

henry4th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 henry4th
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts

Dude, what do you mean snake isn't super natural? Can you get shot 200 times and not die? Can you heal just by eating a ration?

So since your character (in this game or any other video game) can have the upper advantage such as healing and whatever, why can't the enemy bosses have super abilities?

Would you like to play a game where the bosses arejust one shot kill?

I know I won't play such a game.

Now back to metal gear though, these bosses are special forces who are genetically enhanced or technologically enhanced. That's they reason they are super natural.

stu_godd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stu_godd
Member since 2006 • 538 Posts

it could hav an explination in mgs4, hideo said he would try to answer any remaining questions. wouldnt put money on it though

Link_tha_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Link_tha_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts
they all eat a lot of chicken so thats why they got super human strength
Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tlahui
Member since 2005 • 1552 Posts
dude its fiction, and thats what MGS has allways been about, so the reason for they being supernatural is so that you may have the most badass boss fights EVAR!
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Snake can pull out a cardboard box at any time. Is that supernatural or just a magic trick ?

The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

they all eat a lot of SPINACH so thats why they got super human strengthLink_tha_Gamer

I fixed it for you see. uck uck uck uck uck

TLHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TLHope
Member since 2003 • 57 Posts
I always assumed that they were super secret government experiments.
Space_Cowboy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Space_Cowboy7

Snake can pull out a cardboard box at any time. Is that supernatural or just a magic trick ?

Nike_Air

No! Snake can fold the box up and put it in his pocket.....then when he needs it he opens it up and uses it!

SikKwuN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SikKwuN
Member since 2007 • 1442 Posts
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

Space_Cowboy7

No! Snake can fold the box up and put it in his pocket.....then when he needs it he opens it up and uses it!

Snake pulls it out of his *** like David Blaine O_o.

SikKwuN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SikKwuN
Member since 2007 • 1442 Posts

*spoilers*

WongB

:lol: I wouldn't be surpreised if i saw master Splinter in one of kojima's games

junk56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 junk56
Member since 2003 • 1748 Posts
[QUOTE="Space_Cowboy7"][QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

SikKwuN

Snake pulls it out of his *** like David Blaine O_o.

*stares at camera*

sonydbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sonydbz
Member since 2004 • 552 Posts
[QUOTE="Nike_Air"]

Space_Cowboy7

****SPOILER****

Snake is sterile with the aid of a nuclear bomb. Isn't that supernatural enough?