Doe people still play KillZone 2 online!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bilalinio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bilalinio
Member since 2009 • 95 Posts

If I get this game for Christmas, do you thk there will still be people playing online!?!?!?!?

Avatar image for JustWiicredible
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JustWiicredible
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts

If I get this game for Christmas, do you thk there will still be people playing online!?!?!?!?

bilalinio

I'm still playing it if that counts. Seems to have enough people playing online.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
Yes people still play it.
jagsxxfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jagsxxfan
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts

do yourself a favor dont get kz2 theres a reason why the community decreased heavily after the first week after release...for the first tiome in my life i trdaded a game in at gamestop and it was kz2...dont get it get the gow collection instead

bilalinio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bilalinio
Member since 2009 • 95 Posts

do yourself a favor dont get kz2 theres a reason why the community decreased heavily after the first week after release...for the first tiome in my life i trdaded a game in at gamestop and it was kz2...dont get it get the gow collection instead

jagsxxfan
OK can I know what that reason is ?! because everyone recommended me to buy it.
monkeyd_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 monkeyd_93
Member since 2007 • 6848 Posts
KZ2 is well worth the money and involves more team work to an extent than MW2
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts
[QUOTE="jagsxxfan"]

bilalinio
OK can I know what that reason is ?! because everyone recommended me to buy it.

trust me the game is awesome, best fps shooter for ps3...plus top 5 for sure for this gen....ppl still play online, and single player story is good aswell...so i recommend u to buy it
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts

Hey buddy, maybe you should check the Recommendation thread. Killzone 2 is good, but pretty bare bones average in the end.

BigBoss712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 BigBoss712
Member since 2005 • 13742 Posts

You shouldn't have any problems finding people to play online, one of my favorite games this year, liked it a lot more than MW2.

phixional_b3ar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 phixional_b3ar
Member since 2009 • 49 Posts

I've been playing it recently and never struggled to find a game.

erglesmergle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 erglesmergle
Member since 2009 • 1769 Posts

Yes lots of people still play. But a lot of people have stopped playing because of the horrible controls that Guerrilla Games refused to fix. I dont play console games very much but whenever I do, I try to jump into Killzone 2 and enjoy it but I cant because the controls are too frustrating. But yes, lots of people still play.

Search on Youtube "Killzone 2 Input Lag" It has input lag and slow acceleration. Those two combined causes you to not be able to do what you want to do when you want to.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

listen man, i can tell u or others can tell u is awesome, and some will tell u its not. the ppl who say its not awesome, cuz well they kinda suck at it cuz of the controls, its basically puts weight to the guns, feels alot better to be honest with, and after killzone 2, i honestly feel weird playin any other FPS. killzone 2 is one the best fps i played its not a perfect game it has it flaws but by no means its a bad game. and yea there are plenty of ppl on it still, u wont have ANY trouble findin a game. the community is still big, not as big as it used to be, cuz new games that came out like mw2, uncharted 2 and borderland etc. etc.. so ppl wanna play new games ofcourse, so the point im tryin to make, is rent it if u cant decide and u hear alot of hate and good stuff about it. just rent it and see for urself. online is awesome pretty addictive.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JoKeR_421

Yes lots of people still play. But a lot of people have stopped playing because of the horrible controls that Guerrilla Games refused to fix. I dont play console games very much but whenever I do, I try to jump into Killzone 2 and enjoy it but I cant because the controls are too frustrating. But yes, lots of people still play.

Search on Youtube "Killzone 2 Input Lag" It has input lag and slow acceleration. Those two combined causes you to not be able to do what you want to do when you want to.

erglesmergle

they didnt refuse to fix cuz thats the way they made it, and u know wat u might not like it others might not like it but theres alot of ppl i know and well ppl that still play it also that do like it. the fix the controls, but it still has the feeling to it, like ur holding a gun, not a water gun. and its a shame u cant get used to the controls same goes for others who are in the same boat as u, but the controls are not horrible and they are fine they way there are. like i mention in my previous post, its alot better than call of duty thats for sure. but hey thats ur opinion about the game and its fine bro. but dont state ur opinion as a fact.

P.S i hope i am not soundin like a jerk and if i sound like im attackin u in any way im not lol just talkin lol

XxTerryH15xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 XxTerryH15xX
Member since 2008 • 172 Posts

well i played yesterday had about 5 games open with about 27-30 players in each not many seem to be playing it. if i were to pick an FPS to get for christmas id get modern warfare 2

jagsxxfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jagsxxfan
Member since 2008 • 473 Posts

jagsxxfan

the game gets boring...alot of people feel the way i do.......the online experience only in a game is not worth the 60 bucks for me but sorry its bad

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JoKeR_421

[QUOTE="jagsxxfan"]

jagsxxfan

the game gets boring...alot of people feel the way i do.......the online experience only in a game is not worth the 60 bucks for me but sorry its bad

speak for urself bub, cuz thats ur opinion. games better that u say it is. and its alot more fun. its a shame u cant get used to the controls. but going around makin ur opinion a fact is just plain stupid
erglesmergle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 erglesmergle
Member since 2009 • 1769 Posts

[QUOTE="erglesmergle"]

JoKeR_421

they didnt refuse to fix cuz thats the way they made it, and u know wat u might not like it others might not like it but theres alot of ppl i know and well ppl that still play it also that do like it. the fix the controls, but it still has the feeling to it, like ur holding a gun, not a water gun. and its a shame u cant get used to the controls same goes for others who are in the same boat as u, but the controls are not horrible and they are fine they way there are. like i mention in my previous post, its alot better than call of duty thats for sure. but hey thats ur opinion about the game and its fine bro. but dont state ur opinion as a fact.

P.S i hope i am not soundin like a jerk and if i sound like im attackin u in any way im not lol just talkin lol

Like I said, acceleration and input lag are two different things. I like the slow acceleration because it puts weight on the guns but you cant deny theres input lag. Try snapping the analog controllers from side to side or tapping the shoot button and see if your movements arent 1/2 a second late. 1/2 might not sound like a lot but if everything you do is 1/2 a second late, its going to be nothing but problems.

This was even worse before they fixed the dead zone with the high precision update. You can deny all the problems you want but at release there was input lag and deadzone and those two combined with the slow acceleration just makes the controls very frustrating.

The controls are better now since the dead zone is gone but theres still that 1/2 delay you people think are part of the slow acceleration. Just do the tests for yourself. People dont just complain about these things for no reason you know. We bought the game to play it not to complain about it.

Phacet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Phacet
Member since 2008 • 165 Posts

I haven't been able to look at any other fps seriously since killzone 2. Seems to be teh only one that even attempts to simulate physics.

I can see why some dislike it - you actually have to manually aim your weapon, as opposed to flick controller in general direction of enemy and unload clip ftw.

l2odolfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 l2odolfo
Member since 2009 • 425 Posts

Get it !!!

It's an awesome game. People complain about the controls, but obviously because they are used to play other FPS's ( most of them are COD fanboys ), so they say it's bad.

It demands more teamwork than other games.

The weapons are really well balanced, you can "feel" the weither of the weapons as well.

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
I played it till death and well got sick of recently, there is still people playing it. I had nothing left to do so I just stopped playing it
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 p2250
Member since 2003 • 1520 Posts

If you don't like KZ2, you either:

a. Don't like FPS

b. Suck at KZ2

c. Both

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

Killzone 2 is only £14.85. You can't go wrong with that game for that price.

l2odolfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 l2odolfo
Member since 2009 • 425 Posts

If you don't like KZ2, you either:

a. Don't like FPS

b. Suck at KZ2

c. Both

p2250

This.

aceclover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 aceclover
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I just bought Killzone 2 a week ago and then I tried the online multiplayer after i finish the Single Player Campaign in Killzone 2

i frequently see a lot of active players and matches online. and their are still novice players like me to play with.

the controls where hard at first but i got used to the standard controls in it. an its really fun the multi mission matches

So i say: Yes, Their are people playing online and still growing strong.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

yes

aka_Static

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 aka_Static
Member since 2009 • 415 Posts

Yes they doe.

As for me, I can't stand the game anymore. I played for a month pretty regularly and was bored with it after I did everything I could do online. It wasn't the controls, it was just a lack of unlockable stuff. Not to mention every 5 year old running around with a rocket launcher leading his team in kills--gets annoying real fast.

Even COD4 still keeps me interested...can't say the same for kz.

rawr_xd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rawr_xd
Member since 2009 • 790 Posts

Killzone 2 is currently the 4th most played game on PSN. The top 3 in front of KZ2 are Modern Warfare 2, Uncharted 2, and Call of Duty World at War.

tj1eight7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tj1eight7
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

Once you get used to the controls it is an amazing game. There is a bit of a learning curve though. I love multiplayers that are class based.

cyclonebw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 cyclonebw
Member since 2008 • 1801 Posts

The community is great. Great clans, great stats tracking, great campaign, great ranks, great guns. It is a truly GREAT game. ALOT of people still play this although it decresed somewhat during release of MW2 but like me I got bored of MW2 and it bounced back.

Go to killzone.com to see all the stuff I just talked about.

cyclonebw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 cyclonebw
Member since 2008 • 1801 Posts

Once you get used to the controls it is an amazing game. There is a bit of a learning curve though. I love multiplayers that are class based.

tj1eight7

No. Although few relize it, you CAN change controls to R3 melee, L1 zoom and R1 fire like the call of duty's layout. There is no controls learning curve.

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
I wouldn't buy it, MW2 is a much better option for online. Plus if you don't buy the map packs, the amount of games accessible are low. I sold mine, and didn't look back. KZ3 will be a rental for me, only want to beat the SP.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
It's good to have it, one more person to play online with, but I haven't been playing lately cuz so many new game. ....and I planned on going back sometimes. I kinda like Killzone2 more than any other FPSs.
yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts

in short KZ2 Tbags other FPS games on consoles

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

Yeah quite a few people still play from what I hear. I'm actually going to hop back online and play it a bit tonight. MW2 is getting kind of boring anyway, so now it's time to go back to the killzone! :D

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JoKeR_421

Yes they doe.

As for me, I can't stand the game anymore. I played for a month pretty regularly and was bored with it after I did everything I could do online. It wasn't the controls, it was just a lack of unlockable stuff. Not to mention every 5 year old running around with a rocket launcher leading his team in kills--gets annoying real fast.

Even COD4 still keeps me interested...can't say the same for kz.

aka_Static

this is every fps with rockets, cod is worse compared to the noobish rockets and grenade launchers. do u honestly neeed somethin to be unlocked each time to keep playin? NO, but hey that just u, i still enjoy killzone and i plat that game. the most annoying this is call of duty games, cheap deaths, BS lags, hit detection of the guns arent even balanced or accurate at all.

i got to the first prestige in MW2 and im already bored of it. that game is a shame to fps. im sorry but like someone said in this thread, if u dont like killzone its either u suck at it, dont like fps or both. im sorry killzone 2 aint perfect but the fact that ppl like u crap on it to this extent is really just YOUR OPINION and not fact. yea i agree with u with ONE thing, it does lack abit of unlockables but so wat, u honestly tell me u need stuff to be unlocked just to play a game? i could care less as long as the online is fun and addictin which it still is. after killzone 2 no fps game i played came close to it, everythin feels bad. i like killzones controls better. again by no means this game is perfect, but its far away from being boring or the lack of unlockables should stop anyone from playin it

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
Yeah, no too many people but enough to get on a game without any issues.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#37 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

To my knowledge - Yes.

28-32 player matches pretty much anytime I had played since the game launched.