Do you want Mass Effect 1 to be ported over to ps3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
I bought a ps3 because I have always enjoyed the variety of games that sony offers on its platforms and I love the list of ps3 exclusives. I also know that it possesses the best tech in a console. As a true gamer, there are several 360 games that I would want on the ps3, which include Bioshock and Mass Effect. The recent buyout of bioware and the Mass Effect IP presents the possibility that it will come to multiple platforms. Please sign here or vote yes if you want Mass Effect
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I have a 360 so it doesn't really matter to me.

I want Mass Effect for whatever system has the best version, but seeing as the 360 will get it way before the PS3, I'll get that version instead. Mass Effect looks to be an incredible game, and thus I hope the PS3 gets it so people without a 360 can enjoy what is sure to be an awesome game and a strong candidate for game of the year.

narpclinic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 narpclinic
Member since 2007 • 225 Posts

I was about to say, "Umm....YEA!!!!!"

until I looked at your poll and realized EA was the company in charge of porting Mass Effect.

No thanks. I wouldn't trust EA to port dog poo over to the PS3.

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#4 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
I would love to see it...but unfortunetly I don't see it happening...maybe ME2???
knicknut17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 knicknut17
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts
YES I want Mass Effect to be ported over to PS3. Are you kidding me by asking a question like that? The game looks absolutely amazing. I am awfully tempted to buy an Xbox 360 just for that game...Bioware makes GREAT RPG's. In fact, I would argue they make better RPG's than even Square Enix...KOTOR is one my favorites of all time. I just hope that EA doesn't screw up Bioware's impeccable streak of high quality games.
dsan224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 dsan224
Member since 2006 • 1552 Posts
YEST DEFINETELY! mass effect was the biggest reason why i was swaying between ps3 and 360. but i made my decision a while ago that im gettin the ps3 cuz of better games in the future, better technology, and blu-ray.
etbny22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 etbny22
Member since 2005 • 1697 Posts
microsoft is still the publisher of mass effect because they signed the deal before the buyout and the buyout does not take effect until next year, but anyway bioware already came out and said that mass effect is a 360 exclusive, and unless microsoft made a deal with bioware for a trilogy before the buyout then we might see 2 or 3 on the ps3.
Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

No from what I have seen it's a shooter RPG(right?)and you know that never really appealed to me as a genre.

NOW KOTOR 3 on the other hand yes definitly.:D

barrett33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 barrett33
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts
NOOOO. honestly that game looks so overrated to me. its graphics are not bad but the story look like its going to be a little blan and cliche. also it bares the name of an rpg where i see little to no elements that make an rpg an rpg in that game. it seems more like a 3rd person action adventrue game with slight rpg elements. but i think this game is soooo overhyped its not even funny. i see people raving about it in fourms when they havent even seen much of it. we havent seen to much gameplay just alot of cut scenes with aliens. honestly i think it will be a dissapointment. for people to be callling it a GOTY contender before the game is out is just stupid. i dont think it will be horrible but i think it will desirve a score in the 8's but critics alwase think diffrently so who knows. anyways i could live with out it on my ps3. if i want an rpg ill get white knight story or ff13.
PMatt722

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PMatt722
Member since 2007 • 935 Posts
microsoft game studios*
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

Mass Effect isn't coming to the PS3. BioWare made an exclusive publishing deal with Microsoft, just like Epic did for Gears of War. In fact, the EA buyout of BioWare won't officially go into effect until January so BioWare can keep their end of the bargain.

Oh yeah... KOTOR is owned by LucasArts, not BioWare.

Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts
I have a 360, so it doesn't bother me, but if I would have kept my original plan and just bought a Wii and PS3, yeah, I'd want Mass Effect on the PS3.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

NOOOO. honestly that game looks so overrated to me. its graphics are not bad but the story look like its going to be a little blan and cliche. barrett33

Game Informer said in their review that it was one of the best Sci-Fi stories ever told.

skandalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 skandalous
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Looks like the 360 is getting 3 Mass Effects. And the PS3 will have none.
FatCat360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FatCat360
Member since 2006 • 414 Posts
Mass Effect 1 cant get ported to the PS3 since Microsoft Studies is publishing the game.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

People forget a little thorn in the side of buying a major developer. If you don't let the dev team do things their way (within reason) then they can simply walk.

So no, I highly doubt Mass Effect will see its way onto PS3 any time soon since Bioware wants the game on the 360. Another game of theirs that was possibly slated for 360 only release? Sure. But not Mass Effect.

king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
No, I don't want it.
BeyondPerfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BeyondPerfect
Member since 2007 • 136 Posts

Mass Effect will never be ported to the PS3..

Mass Effect is exclusive, MGS is publishing it and both BioWare and EA have confirmed it being exclusive to the 360. However, Mass Effect 2 and 3 are free to be ported anywhere.

Shawtymann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shawtymann
Member since 2006 • 2561 Posts
out of all the 360 games, this is the one id want to play the least. it looks really boring to me
donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts
I don't think I'll play this on my 360 so I don't care if it gets ported over or not.
gruoch1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gruoch1
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts

NOOOO. honestly that game looks so overrated to me. its graphics are not bad but the story look like its going to be a little blan and cliche. also it bares the name of an rpg where i see little to no elements that make an rpg an rpg in that game. it seems more like a 3rd person action adventrue game with slight rpg elements. but i think this game is soooo overhyped its not even funny. i see people raving about it in fourms when they havent even seen much of it. we havent seen to much gameplay just alot of cut scenes with aliens. honestly i think it will be a dissapointment. for people to be callling it a GOTY contender before the game is out is just stupid. i dont think it will be horrible but i think it will desirve a score in the 8's but critics alwase think diffrently so who knows. anyways i could live with out it on my ps3. if i want an rpg ill get white knight story or ff13. barrett33

Okay... well, you're missing out then I guess. :(

Avatar image for thetombradyhate
thetombradyhate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 thetombradyhate
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
Sure
lhbchen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lhbchen
Member since 2004 • 1070 Posts
why another shooter?
The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

I'm thinking it will come out on the pc anyway so as long as its either the pc or\and the ps3 I'm happy.

And yes it will be amaing BIOWARE FTW!

The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

[QUOTE="barrett33"]NOOOO. honestly that game looks so overrated to me. its graphics are not bad but the story look like its going to be a little blan and cliche. also it bares the name of an rpg where i see little to no elements that make an rpg an rpg in that game. it seems more like a 3rd person action adventrue game with slight rpg elements. but i think this game is soooo overhyped its not even funny. i see people raving about it in fourms when they havent even seen much of it. we havent seen to much gameplay just alot of cut scenes with aliens. honestly i think it will be a dissapointment. for people to be callling it a GOTY contender before the game is out is just stupid. i dont think it will be horrible but i think it will desirve a score in the 8's but critics alwase think diffrently so who knows. anyways i could live with out it on my ps3. if i want an rpg ill get white knight story or ff13. gruoch1

Okay... well, you're missing out then I guess. :(

never played a bioware RPG before?

akuya32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 akuya32
Member since 2006 • 1166 Posts

I have a 360 so it doesn't really matter to me.

I want Mass Effect for whatever system has the best version, but seeing as the 360 will get it way before the PS3, I'll get that version instead. Mass Effect looks to be an incredible game, and thus I hope the PS3 gets it so people without a 360 can enjoy what is sure to be an awesome game and a strong candidate for game of the year.

nyc05

Ditto for me. It doesn't matter what system it comes on. If its a good game(like it sure looks like its going to be) I will get it.

Gamers Game...Fanboys Pick Sides....

Meeks32[] - brought to you by: ps3tag.com

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
Just because MS is publishing the game doesn't mean anything, games have switched publishers before, the could release a goty edition, which technically wouldn't be the same game thus EA could port it. MS had a deal with Bioware but they don't own the IP, EA will so EA could do with it what they will.
Big_Boss465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Big_Boss465
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts
Bioware puts together great games, if I only owned a PS3 I'd be praying that it gets ported. I don't think it will though, at least not anytime soon.
Avatar image for 5FingersOfDeath
5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 5FingersOfDeath
Member since 2007 • 1114 Posts

The game got a 9.75/10 from GameInformer, so yaaa definitely want it ported.

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/718/718963/

dudester1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dudester1981
Member since 2007 • 137 Posts

Tbh its the only 360 game I am majorly interested in so yes I would like a ps3 version to play it.

The game tho is a trilogy so do EA keep it 360 exclusive all the way? I cant see them making mass effect 2 or 3 mu,ti platform unless they port the 1st in the series.