Do you think Dark Souls will be Better than Demons Souls ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Incase some don't know , Dark Souls is spiritual Successor to Demon Souls GOTY 2009 , and is releasing on Q4 2011 for PS 3 and Xbox 360 .

Fellow Playstation Gamers ?

Do you think Dark souls 'll live upto its hype and deliver more than Demons Souls ? I beleive its going to be very good rpg experience again with more exploration , more challenging A.I and varied content .

Whats your opinion on upcoming Dark Souls ?

Discuss :)

Kusimeka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Kusimeka
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts

Yeah i think it's going to be better. I know as lame as it sounds, but i do hope they keep to their promise and make the game harder without it being cheap. I was actually disappointed by the difficulty of Demon's Souls and expected it to be a lot harder than it was (with all the hype around how hard it is all over the forums) and i actually didn't have much trouble with it. LOVED it though.

As long as it has more weapons. armour and is harder then it'll be better i think : )

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
It looks to be better. More enemies and bosses, and more variety in the levels. They don't all have that greyish tint to them anymore.
matastig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 matastig
Member since 2009 • 1062 Posts

It's hard to tell now, I Still have faith in From Software, but somehow they seemed like they always had this tendency for mediocrity in their work and actually i don't mind that at all i had a lot of fun playing King's Field, Otogi, Enchanted Arms, Tenchu series, and Lost Kingdom so i'm pretty optimistic:)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

It's hard to tell now, I Still have faith in From Software, but somehow they seemed like they always had this tendency for mediocrity in their work and actually i don't mind that at all i had a lot of fun playing King's Field, Otogi, Enchanted Arms, Tenchu series, and Lost Kingdom so i'm pretty optimistic:)

matastig

You played all those games from FROM SOFTWARE besides Demons Souls too ? WOW ! So Demon Souls is better or any of those games you mentioned are better ? I enjoyed DS but never got around to play other of those titles from FS . and are those anymore available on PS 3 ( PSN ) ? :)

matastig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 matastig
Member since 2009 • 1062 Posts

@indzman well the King's Field games that i played were released for both PC and PS2 but i think Enchanted Arms is still available for both PS3 and 360.

The Lost Kingdom 1&2was a Gamecube exclusives the same as Otogi 1&2 for the original Xbox.

BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

I am expecting Dark Souls to be better then Demon's Souls. So far from what I've read it seems like they are taking every thing from Demon's Souls that wasn't very good or could be improved on and changing it for the better

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i doubt it will be better just more of the samething
Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts

I just want to see how they improve the multiplayer. Demon's souls while the MP was fun (was the best part of the game to me) it had a number of problems in that area: the boss in 1-2 would boot everyone and give them a bad rating in co-op, using anti-magic aura would lag everything out in MP, red phantoms could sometimes walk in on you during a boss fight etc.

Homicide___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Homicide___
Member since 2011 • 79 Posts
Yeah I think it will be alot better then DS, but they will need to improve on the story and PvP.
gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

Yeah i think it's going to be better. I know as lame as it sounds, but i do hope they keep to their promise and make the game harder without it being cheap. I was actually disappointed by the difficulty of Demon's Souls and expected it to be a lot harder than it was (with all the hype around how hard it is all over the forums) and i actually didn't have much trouble with it. LOVED it though.

As long as it has more weapons. armour and is harder then it'll be better i think : )

Kusimeka

If the game was not hard enough for you, you should have tried playing offline:roll:

I have no idea if it will be better, but I really hope they basicly keep it the same with new levela. One thing I do know is that this time I'm not gonna have nearly as much time as I did with the first one because of my new job. I'm a cable guy now!!!:D

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
Well, it does sound better on paper--but still, that's only on paper.
NylaMandisa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NylaMandisa
Member since 2008 • 121 Posts

I'm optimistically assuming it'll be better. :b More exploration in, at least somewhat, more open areas is only a good thing in my opinion. The singular connected world (as opposed to Nexus + 4 different worlds/places) will be better in a sense, in that it should give areas a much bigger feel and so on, but potentially worse in that there might not be as much variety in locations. More armours and choice in spells and I'll be happy. ^^;

To be honest though, I hope they add a cooldown on using potions. PvP was just stupid in Demon's Souls. Get hit, roll away and quaff a potion quickly... PvP fights got tedious very quickly, in my opinion. There was virtually no point in having a mana bar aside from letting you have enough maximum mana to cast a particular spell, then drink potions... :/

00Killaz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 00Killaz00
Member since 2010 • 1014 Posts

Nope. Simple as that.

Mini2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mini2
Member since 2003 • 129 Posts

Dark Souls is my most anticipated game of the year, and perhaps the first game in ages I will pay full price for. (Yes, I'm looking forward to this game more than Mass Effect 3and Elder Scrolls V, two games I think are going to be undeniably awesome.)

And yes, I think Dark Souls is going to be a better game. When I heard, for instance, that the developers were removing grasses from the game - so as to prevent people from being reckless, then muching grasses to regain health quickly - I was ecstatic.

Also, I hope they remove, if possible, any chance to farm - including souls, items, and other things. I want this game to be HARD.

Citrus25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 Citrus25
Member since 2009 • 2466 Posts
Dark Souls will be better than Demon Souls in every way!
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

i doubt it will be better just more of the samethingelbert_b_23

I feel this way. Sequels in a series never quite have that magic that the first game always seems to have. I fear Dark Souls may just be "more of the same", and while it will still be good, will probably not be as fondly looked upon as Demon's Souls.

00Killaz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 00Killaz00

Dark Souls is my most anticipated game of the year, and perhaps the first game in ages I will pay full price for. (Yes, I'm looking forward to this game more than Mass Effect 3and Elder Scrolls V, two games I think are going to be undeniably awesome.)

And yes, I think Dark Souls is going to be a better game. When I heard, for instance, that the developers were removing grasses from the game - so as to prevent people from being reckless, then muching grasses to regain health quickly - I was ecstatic.

Also, I hope they remove, if possible, any chance to farm - including souls, items, and other things. I want this game to be HARD.

Mini2
I doubt they will top the originals OST, thats partly why it was so great.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#19 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

Absolutely.

Demon's Souls was good, but there's plenty of room for improvement there. All of the levels in Demon's Souls looked the same, the menus were awful, and the story wasn't exactly the most compelling thing out there. The level structure was awkward as well.

tamabeast04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tamabeast04
Member since 2003 • 526 Posts

for me, demon souls was so good because it was so different. It wasn't cod or battlefield, it was exactly what was needed for me. I think dark souls will be good, but probably partly due to reputation, etc.

00Killaz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 00Killaz00

Absolutely.

Demon's Souls was good, but there's plenty of room for improvement there. All of the levels in Demon's Souls looked the same, the menus were awful, and the story wasn't exactly the most compelling thing out there. The level structure was awkward as well.

DJ_Lae
The level design was fantastic... I do agree the levels were somewhat similar though, they should try some new environments, including forests/jungles, also expand on the old ones. Menus weren't that bad, I actually kinda liked how you couldn't pause. I seriously hope they get rid of that awful auto-save though....
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#22 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]

Absolutely.

00Killaz00
The level design was fantastic... I do agree the levels were somewhat similar though, they should try some new environments, including forests/jungles, also expand on the old ones. Menus weren't that bad, I actually kinda liked how you couldn't pause. I seriously hope they get rid of that awful auto-save though....

I LOVED the Demon's Souls save system! It was perfect for that sense of "everything is final", and yet if you got too frustrated, you could easily ragequit without fear of losing any progress... it worked perfectly for the game!
00Killaz00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 00Killaz00
[QUOTE="00Killaz00"][QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]

Absolutely.

Essian

I LOVED the Demon's Souls save system! It was perfect for that sense of "everything is final", and yet if you got too frustrated, you could easily ragequit without fear of losing any progress... it worked perfectly for the game!

Yeah I liked the concept, but I just like knowing I saved. Lol.