Do U think Battlefield: BC has what it takes to pull gamers away from COD4???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ddashboy242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ddashboy242
Member since 2007 • 1257 Posts

Just wondering if anyone thinks Battlefield's online will be enough to take gamers away from COD4...

zero_cool098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 zero_cool098
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
if the online doesnt have issues similar to vegas2 then sure it is possible
BHS_LineMen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 BHS_LineMen
Member since 2008 • 612 Posts

if the online doesnt have issues similar to vegas2 then sure it is possiblezero_cool098

they fixed it now

ddashboy242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ddashboy242

[QUOTE="zero_cool098"]if the online doesnt have issues similar to vegas2 then sure it is possibleBHS_LineMen

they fixed it now

RSV2 probz are fixed are you sure??
OrcsP2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 OrcsP2
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts
no, this game wont beat vod 4.....if u havent noticed, its made by EA games....iam against them
ddashboy242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ddashboy242
no, this game wont beat vod 4.....if u havent noticed, its made by EA games....I am against themOrcsP2
:D Lol I've noticed it...........but you never know EA might get something right this time.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I haven't played the beta yet, and I probably wont. But I do plan to purchase the game when it comes out in late June. To me, a lot of games have already pulled me away from Call of Duty 4. Older titles even. I guess I'm one the the select few that dont know why people cant seem to put the controller down when it comes to CoD4. I certainly can. If you are asking, will BF:BC play better than CoD4? Quite possibly. If the single player is longer and better, with an excellent multiplayer, it may stand a chance. CoD4 did many things right, but it's not godly to the point where no game can take it down. It all comes down to personal taste. But statistically, I dont think it will do as well.
MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MyzeDivine
Member since 2007 • 916 Posts

Being from EA, the ps3 version will most likely have issues. In terms of gameplay from what we've seen so far, it looks like BF:BC is gonna be about who can lob grenades the fastest and most accurate. I'm sorry, but that doesn't interest me in the least. Another major thing is, CoD4 has now established itself. BF:BC has little to no popularity in the console market, so the game will have to be amazing and get stupidly good press to draw enough people away from CoD4 for it to really matter. Thing is for me though, BF:BC comes 11 days after MGS4, so I couldn't care less. :P

If I do buy the game, there is a 95% chance I will buying the PC version.

ddashboy242

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ddashboy242

Being from EA, the ps3 version will most likely have issues. In terms of gameplay from what we've seen so far, it looks like BF:BC is gonna be about who can lob grenades the fastest and most accurate. I'm sorry, but that doesn't interest me in the least. Another major thing is, CoD4 has now established itself. BF:BC has little to no popularity in the console market, so the game will have to be amazing and get stupidly good press to draw enough people away from CoD4 for it to really matter. Thing is for me though, BF:BC comes 11 days after MGS4, so I could care less. :P

If I do buy the game, there is a 95% chance I will buying the PC version.

MyzeDivine
Yeah i agree with that MGS4 will have gamers attention for a while so BF:BC will be overlooked
bjhean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 bjhean
Member since 2005 • 455 Posts
BF:BC looks great though, but the gameplay of COD4, the way you move during gameplay will be hard to beat.
-Sniper99-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11 -Sniper99-
Member since 2004 • 8983 Posts
:lol: No...have fun PAYING for weapons
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

Not only does COD4 offer some of the cleanest graphics and detail, the sound quality is great, Load times were hidden and not that bad, the single player ran very smooth and was strong, weapons have a variety in feel, perks are ridicoulous, online although is lacking so much, its a whole new world to play COD4 in.

Battlefield is looking great and destructable environments are cool, but the environments and sound seem alittle less detailed then COD4, but its the little things like perks and having a game that just runs smooth and feel like it should as in COD4,

Im sure they studied the hell out of COD4, but the sad part is even still to this date FPS developers are having trouble creating games as good as COD4. Maybe budget issues

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
Another multiplat? One thing is for certain is that the PS3 owners will get screwed again. Exclusives FTW!
DWCsUpAFrEaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DWCsUpAFrEaK
Member since 2004 • 192 Posts

o yea gamers of little faith... after playing Call of Duty 4 for an extensive amount of hours, I can finnally call it quits... not because of a game.. but because of boredom.. the game has yet to show me anything new for a while (waiting for new maps) and the only reason i play it now is because of friends that continue to play it..

I pretty much have a job so i can play games.. i constantly buy new releases that im interested in.. not without research of course and now im backed up.. i just beat army of two.. would like to beat it a second time with a friend.. and im in the middle of vegas.. i always play single player before multiplayer... and next is condemned 2 bloodshot.. and today i'll be picking up dark sector... i know i'll enjoy it.. but with that said.. i barely have time for COD4 seeing as i work full time.. but on to the topic at hand...

When i first began playing COD4 i thought it was awesome (i know get in line).. but it reminded me of a little game i like to call Battlefield 2.. now for all you console whores (which i am one as well) who didn't get to play this masterpiece.. i still happen to think it was much better in its prime and in some ways still is when compared to COD4.. it has much bigger maps.. more weapons with the expanisions, and it includes vehicles.. something i wished COD 4 would have done.. i mean in COD you can call in a chopper but in Battlefield if playing with friends you can call them to support you in a chopper/ jet/ tank.. if they can pilot it.. it was sheer awesomeness..

With that.. i remind you Battlefield 2 was great.. only thing.. no single player.. so with that.. Battelfield Bad Company is a focus on a single player campaign but DICE will reportedly keep the multiplayer as open as it was in Battlefield 2.. and if DICE comes through with the same multiplayer with the updated destruction engines with an awesome single player campain for those offline gamers.. then COD4.. check that.. all War themed FPS's better watch out..

well.. with my opinion out there in the open to get critcized by fanboys and geeks alike i for one say i can't wait for BF:BC.. and it will probably take over my gaming life as much and more than COD4 did..

battleboi333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 battleboi333
Member since 2006 • 1042 Posts
I don't think it will have a chance, unless the water effects are good LoL
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
I have the beta on Xbox 360. I don't see it topping CoD4. People have mad love for that game.
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
:lol: No...have fun PAYING for weapons-Sniper99-
Exactly. That's just plain WRONG!!!! (think Lex Luthor in Superman Returns)
Matt2556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Matt2556
Member since 2008 • 1211 Posts
Theres nothing special about the MP. I might rent it, but Im definatly not buying it.
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts
uh? what battlefield? and its from EA? it is a joke?
ScottEFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ScottEFresh
Member since 2003 • 1574 Posts
No but HAZE does.