Do skyirm and dark souls mix well?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FriendlyFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FriendlyFalcon
Member since 2011 • 191 Posts
im planning to get dark souls and already have skyrim wrapped up for christmas. but my question is can dark souls not be overwhelmed by skyrim or dark souls overwhelm skyrim? when i got oblivion i got red faction guerrilla at the same time. what ended up happening was that i played oblivion for 150+ hours and playing red faction for around 3 hours. maybe battlefield 3 would mix better with skyrim... i dont know.
Avatar image for RamenLovingPand
RamenLovingPand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RamenLovingPand
Member since 2006 • 85 Posts
I haven't touched Dark Souls since popping Skyrim into my PS3.
SamuRai_JeDi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 SamuRai_JeDi
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts
Dark Souls is the most engrossing game I've ever played. I'm not finished with it yet and 70+ in the game. The world is massive and very challenging. I would imagine it would be hard to play both at the same time. If you don't have patience and determination then you won't get far enough into Dark Souls before you play something else. I for one recommend Dark Souls to any gamer. Awesome game.
ddlcpc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ddlcpc
Member since 2007 • 887 Posts

it's really difficult to enjoy banana and chocolate flavoured ice cream at the same time.....

Undead_Yakuza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Undead_Yakuza
Member since 2010 • 222 Posts

Both games are excellent, but for me, Dark Souls >>>> Skyrim in both atmosphere and gameplay.

Plus, Skyrim on ps3 is pretty messed up.

SamuRai_JeDi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SamuRai_JeDi
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts
[QUOTE="Undead_Yakuza"]

Both games are excellent, but for me, Dark Souls >>>> Skyrim in both atmosphere and gameplay.

Plus, Skyrim on ps3 is pretty messed up.

I agree completely. Dark Souls is the better game.
jrorl63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jrorl63
Member since 2003 • 723 Posts
They are really different games imo
who77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 who77
Member since 2009 • 237 Posts

You would probably be better off just getting one of them and waiting for the other one to drop in price because you will most likely end up getting really into one of them and not touching the other one for a long time. This happened to my cousin, he bought dark souls and skyrim at the same time and has barely even touched skyrim. As for which one sucks you in more that depeneds on the person, for me its skyrim.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I picked them both up on release day, have 20 hours on dark souls and 37 on skyrim. Needless to say, I prefer Skyrim. It's worth noting, the slowdown in Dark Souls appears in several areas, and it can be downright horrible. Granted, there are those who can't play Skyrim, so I guess it's just luck to get a stable copy of either of the games.

Don't get me wrong, DS is still a really great game, but I'm more interested in the world of Skyrim.

But getting them at the same time would just result in one of them not being played nearly as much, so it depends on which one looks more interesting to you. Basically, you can't go wrong with either, and if you've played the previous games in both series you should be able to judge which one you'll like more.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
Dark Souls is best enjoyed when you're giving it all your attention. Skyrim could last hundreds of hours. Play through Dark Souls first and go to Skyrim when you're finished. I haven't played Skyrim yet but I've finished Dark Souls and absolutely loved it. Dark Souls infests your mind. I couldn't stop thinking about it. I tried to take a break from it at around the 60 hour mark and I played Uncharted 3 and Rage. All I could think of while I was playing those games was how much I'd rather be playing Dark Souls. Nothing else compares. Yeah, I love Dark Souls.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

no, i dont think they do. they both revolve around immersing you in a game world and it would be jarring to step out of one and into another. the only type of game i might play alongside either is a quick burst game like counter strike or something.

EDIT: but really, i dont see why you have to play them both at once. get what you want out of one and then move on to the other.

Avatar image for ToxicGarbageMan
ToxicGarbageMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 ToxicGarbageMan
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

it's really difficult to enjoy banana and chocolate flavoured ice cream at the same time.....

ddlcpc
Go to Steak N' Shake, there they have a Chocolate/Banana side by side shake. It is good.
FriendlyFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FriendlyFalcon
Member since 2011 • 191 Posts

ddlcpc
i would push the banana ice cream away and eat all of the chocolate at once.