do i have to get the first infamous?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 joegar
Member since 2007 • 870 Posts

before the second comes out?

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
Story-wise? no-ones played inFAMOUS 2 yet so its hard to tell... But the ending of inFAMOUS 1 meant there was always going to be a sequel and inFAMOUS 2 looks like it will carry on the end part of the story. You should be able to pick it up cheap so why not?
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts
[QUOTE="-Hoax-"]Story-wise? no-ones played inFAMOUS 2 yet so its hard to tell... But the ending of inFAMOUS 1 meant there was always going to be a sequel and inFAMOUS 2 looks like it will carry on the end part of the story. You should be able to pick it up cheap so why not?

Yeah you should pick it up if you're showing interest in Infamous 2 this long before it's release.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

You should buy it for the sole fact it's a great game. It will probably be helpful with the story, but we won't know until Infamous 2 arrives.

thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts

You should get it, because it's a fantastic game that is now very affordable to buy. Do yourself a favour and pick it up.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I personally found the first game un-playable and crap, I still need to force my self to complete the game. I hope Infamous2 doesn't leave off where 1 does due to me not finishing 1 and I feel like giving sucker pawnch a 2nd chance to redeem them self to me.
supernintendo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 supernintendo
Member since 2005 • 1634 Posts
The real question is will infamous 2 start off differently depending on the save file from the first infamous. In other words, will you be evil or good depending on which path you took in the first game.
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

before the second comes out?

joegar
difficult to say really, no one any real details about number 2 yet but judging by the ending of the first I would say its going to be essential reading ;-)
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
The real question is will infamous 2 start off differently depending on the save file from the first infamous. In other words, will you be evil or good depending on which path you took in the first game.supernintendo
i would imagine so, wouldnt be the first time a games done such a thing
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#10 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
The real question is will infamous 2 start off differently depending on the save file from the first infamous. In other words, will you be evil or good depending on which path you took in the first game.supernintendo
I would guess that it would just start you over on neutral, but I guess that'll be a "wait and see" kind of thing. And to the OP you should definitely play through the first Infamous. Not only will it lay out the story for you and everything, it will probably determine if you are interested in it and would play the second one. I'm guessing you can find the game rather cheap, and it shouldn't take too long to finish through. I forgot how long it is to playthrough it once... I'm guessing around 15 hours or so, depending on how many side quest you do and whatnot.
Darkknight_13x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Darkknight_13x
Member since 2010 • 432 Posts
$30 brand new is a hell of deal for it, so get it.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

If you're intrigued by InF2 then the answer should be "yes." At any rate, your mindset shouldn't just be to buy InF1 because of your interest in InF2; you should want to buy InF1 because it's a good game and is truly worth the price it's currently selling for. And of course, you'll also pick up on the story before InF2's release... unless of course Sucker Punch alters a little more than Cole's voice and appearance (he's the main character in case you didn't know).

(edited due to some html BS)

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#15 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

I'd suggest you do otherwise if you played inFAMOUS 2 first and wanted to try the original it would completely ruin the ending.

MrGanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MrGanny
Member since 2009 • 2911 Posts

You should get it, because it's a fantastic game that is now very affordable to buy. Do yourself a favour and pick it up.

thebisonx

This. Besides you have a lot of time to complete it. :p

quizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 quizee
Member since 2007 • 601 Posts
yes you have to! it is punsishable by FEDERAL LAW if u try to play the sequel withoiut first playin g the first. you can recieve a 250,000 fine and up to 20 years in prison!! yup its true, my cousin who hasn`t played the first one went to his locAL eb games and pre ordered infamous 2, couple hours later swat team surrounded his house. and well.... wont be seeing him for a while :(
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

forget about the sequel... inFAMOUS is a fantastic game and that's all the reason you need to get it. not to mention it's cheap too.