DNS error 80710102..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bezaire2005
Member since 2005 • 3635 Posts

If anyone else has gotten this problem when trying to connect the ps3 online, is there a sure-fire way to correct it? I googled it and it seems people had this problem as early as a year ago, so I was hoping fixes would be all over the place now, but none seem to work. I've been working on it for a couple days now and I can't figure it out, so this is more or less my last chance before I just sell the ps3 and move on.

Any suggestions?

Leon7J7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Leon7J7
Member since 2008 • 738 Posts
Ask a local technician or someone to help you.
Odesien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Odesien
Member since 2006 • 181 Posts

Ask a local technician or someone to help you.Leon7J7

or call sony.

bezaire2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bezaire2005
Member since 2005 • 3635 Posts

I probably should call Sony, but from what I've read they are absolutly useless on the matter. They say it's a router problem, so they have nothing to do with it.

chimera1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 chimera1984
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts
its a faulty ip problem, usually caused by the router dishing out incorrect details, either your router needs resetting, or replacing.
jojothekid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jojothekid
Member since 2008 • 2108 Posts

I probably should call Sony, but from what I've read they are absolutly useless on the matter. They say it's a router problem, so they have nothing to do with it.

bezaire2005
i had this problem too but not anymore i think a good way to check is sometimess the battery for the modem needs to rest if you TW then just take the battery out and unplug for ten minutes it works and you have to mess with the settings like me i couldnt do it with the ethernet cable at first so just decided wifi and it worked now ehternet cable could work with it. dont give up so soon just have to mess with it a bit make sure to read manual too
jammers_f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jammers_f
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I have had this problem before. Are you on sky or virgin media internet? if you are on sky, try swapping over the little ADSL filter box that you connect your router and your phone line to. If you are on virgin media just turn off your ps3, remove the power cord on your router for 15 seconds or so, then reinsert it and turn your ps3 back on. Get back to me to tell me if this helps

Avatar image for ChocolateCake10
ChocolateCake10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChocolateCake10
Member since 2008 • 759 Posts
unplug router and modem, wait like 1 minute then plug em back in
Avatar image for ChocolateCake10
ChocolateCake10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ChocolateCake10
Member since 2008 • 759 Posts
unplug router and modem, wait like 1 minute then plug em back in
dominaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dominaut
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

i heard about this and it actually worked i couldn't believe it at first.

set your dns settings as this in custom settings but leave everything else the same in network settings.

primary dns: 4.2.2.2

sec dns: 4.2.2.1

Borkil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Borkil
Member since 2003 • 233 Posts
i had this problem the other night, so i just reset my router and restarted my ps3 and it was all good
Avatar image for 5FingersOfDeath
5FingersOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 5FingersOfDeath
Member since 2007 • 1114 Posts

There was a topic about this the other day:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26887978&msg_id=312166001#312166001

Here is the message of the dude that helped me:

"I was having the same problem earlier.

Here's a fix that worked for me:

- Go to Network Settings on your PS3 and select "Internet Connection Settings".

- Select "Custom" and then select Wireless or Wired depending of which type of connection you have; I selected Wireless.

- On WLAN Settings select "Enter Manually" and then enter your SSID and WEP/WPA (If you have one) this should be on the back of your router.

- Once you have entered your SSID and WEP/WPA select "Automatic" on IP Address Setting and on DHCP host name select "Do Not Set".

- Now this is the most important part, on DNS Setting select "Manual", then type the following settings:

Primary DNS: 4.2.2.2
Secondary DNS: 4.2.2.3

- After you have entered that info leave the MTU on Automatic if you like, I selected Manual and left it on 1500 but there really shouldn't be a difference.

- Proxy Server select "Do Not Use"; UPnP select "Enable".

Confirm those settings and test your connection, If you selected everything correctly you should be done with the DNS error and hopefully you'll be getting a NAT Type 2 connection.

If you do get NAT Type 2, from time to time It may switch back to NAT Type 3, when that happens I just turn off my PS3, reset my router, let it connect again and it should be back to Type 2, at least that's what works for me.

Hope this helps you getting rid of the annoying DNS error and getting the best connection out of your PS3."