DMC reboot...Vergil a good guy??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#1 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I liked the demo...the gameplay was solid and the storyline seems to be ok so far "BUT" the possiblity of vergil being a good guy is a bigger shock then Dante's new look!! What are your thought?

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 0

#2 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

It's definitly not a $60 buy. Ill buy when it hits the $20 or $15 mark.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
Your best bet when playing this game is to try to forget about the previous games, so you don't have any expectations as to where the story will go and you wont be disappointed. I played the demo and while I thought it was decent, I doubt I'll pick it up. Bayonetta has pretty much ruined me for these types of games because it just did everything so damned well. Also, Ninja Theory is on my sh!t list.
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#4 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Well first off, the game is a reboot, so the storyline/world is different.

Secondly, it was suggested multiple times in DMC3 that Dante and Vergil used to be allies but Vergil eventually changed.

And finally.

[spoiler] If you watch the pre-order bonus (which let's you play as Vergil) video it already confirms that Vergil betrays Dante anyway. So they already gave away the story even if it was predictable. [/spoiler]

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Just played the demo today and all it managed to do was remind me why I don't like DMC and think the series sucks.
Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#6 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

Just played the demo today and all it managed to do was remind me why I don't like DMC and think the series sucks.AmazonTreeBoa

If you don't like DMC then why did you torture yourself by playing the demo? Doesn't make much sense to me. :|

Anyway, I watched someone else play the demo on youtube. I can't speak of much on the gameplay until I actually download the demo and play it myself, but at a glance its looking pretty good. I don't think it'll be that bad. The only gripe I have is with the voice acting and dialogue. Its laughably bad. Should I ever get this game, I'm playing it on mute.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AmazonTreeBoa

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]Just played the demo today and all it managed to do was remind me why I don't like DMC and think the series sucks.Lucky_Krystal

If you don't like DMC then why did you torture yourself by playing the demo? Doesn't make much sense to me. :|

Anyway, I watched someone else play the demo on youtube. I can't speak of much on the gameplay until I actually download the demo and play it myself, but at a glance its looking pretty good. I don't think it'll be that bad. The only gripe I have is with the voice acting and dialogue. Its laughably bad. Should I ever get this game, I'm playing it on mute.

So a reboot comes along and it doesn't make sense to you to check it out and see if it has changed from what you didn't like. Your limited way of thinking is what doesn't make sense.
mav_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 mav_destroyer
Member since 2005 • 3073 Posts
Everything about this game is backwards so I'm avoiding it and future NT games completely.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

[QUOTE="Lucky_Krystal"]

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]Just played the demo today and all it managed to do was remind me why I don't like DMC and think the series sucks.AmazonTreeBoa

So a reboot comes along and it doesn't make sense to you to check it out and see if it has changed from what you didn't like. Your limited way of thinking is what doesn't make sense.

Irony?

Anyways, what is it that makes you dislike Devil May Cry so much? Is it the series or the entire genre you despise?

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AmazonTreeBoa

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="Lucky_Krystal"]

Pikminmaniac

Irony?

Anyways, what is it that makes you dislike Devil May Cry so much? Is it the series or the entire genre you despise?

The series. The gameplay is just boring to me. I guess some are easier to entertain than others.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

$100,000 Vergil goes evil, fyi there's a 99.9% chance he does go evil while watching one of the trailers he pisses off Dante which is not a good sign.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] So a reboot comes along and it doesn't make sense to you to check it out and see if it has changed from what you didn't like. Your limited way of thinking is what doesn't make sense.AmazonTreeBoa

Irony?

The series. The gameplay is just boring to me. I guess some are easier to entertain than others.

lol.. wow
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pikminmaniac

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"] So a reboot comes along and it doesn't make sense to you to check it out and see if it has changed from what you didn't like. Your limited way of thinking is what doesn't make sense.AmazonTreeBoa

Irony?

You probably played on the easiest difficulty and didn't bother with the ranking system... That's what DMC is all about. It's not about simply beating the game, it's pitting yourself against tough enemies and ploughing through them as styIishly and creatively as you possibly can (you can't just stick to the same combo the whole time). The game rewards you for longer combos, not getting hit, and using as many different moves as you possibly can. As far as hack n slash games go, I'd say that's the most exciting gameplay you'll find in the genre.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

There is one word that I always felt and associated DMC 1 and 3 with - Style. When I used to play with Dante in the old games, gameplay was incredible, the fluidity and that "cool" style that you experience the first time some no name hellish monster tries to disturb young Dante relaxing pizza meal, is spectacular feeling.

I felt nothing remotely intriguing with the new DMC,I had to play on hardest difficulty to even match Normal setting of the old DMC series.

The game is laughable easy on Normal settings, the difficulty and skill mastery was also large part of the appeal and accomplishment old series did so well.

This was just a demo of course, we will see how the full game feels, I don't except too much to change however. The new Dante voice (emo...) is beyond my tolerance however..

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts

ristactionjakso
That has nothing to do with what he actually asked. Anyway, yeah it seems like he is a good guy. Maybe he'll stab you in the back? I'm calling it.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pikminmaniac

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

Chaos_Bladez

That has nothing to do with what he actually asked. Anyway, yeah it seems like he is a good guy. Maybe he'll stab you in the back? I'm calling it.

With Rebellion of course. Is there a single DMC where Dante doesn't get stabbed by his own sword?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

Chaos_Bladez

lol....yeah, but it still kinda cool to see them hook-up even though we ultimately know what's gonna happen. That's one of the reasons I love DMC3....I thought it was awsome when they both hooked-up for a major Boss fight!!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]Just played the demo today and all it managed to do was remind me why I don't like DMC and think the series sucks.Lucky_Krystal

Actually, the dialogue is pretty much standard of the DMC games!! The gripe I do have is with the harsh language of this version of DMC....which is a no-brainer that it's directed toward American audiences.

I don't claim to be a saint because at times I do have my potty-mouth moments but there's no way little kids should be playing this game!!! @Lucky_Krystal

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#19 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

I enjoyed it & will give this series a try. Yes, there are some things that make me twist my mouth but I am willing to give it a try. I mean, I have to do a review on it anyway for my site/channel.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AmazonTreeBoa

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

Irony?

Pikminmaniac

You probably played on the easiest difficulty and didn't bother with the ranking system... That's what DMC is all about. It's not about simply beating the game, it's pitting yourself against tough enemies and ploughing through them as styIishly and creatively as you possibly can (you can't just stick to the same combo the whole time). The game rewards you for longer combos, not getting hit, and using as many different moves as you possibly can. As far as hack n slash games go, I'd say that's the most exciting gameplay you'll find in the genre.

Yeah I get it, you like the series. Good for you. But nothing has changed this way, so you wasted your time typing. I still have zero interest in the game.
Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#21 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

[QUOTE="Lucky_Krystal"]

[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]Just played the demo today and all it managed to do was remind me why I don't like DMC and think the series sucks.MarcRecon

Actually, the dialogue is pretty much standard of the DMC games!! The gripe I do have is with the harsh language of this version of DMC....which is a no-brainer that it's directed toward American audiences.

I don't claim to be a saint because at times I do have my potty-mouth moments but there's no way little kids should be playing this game!!! @Lucky_Krystal

Well yes, I know this game is aimed at people 17+ but that doesn't mean they need to put in gratuitous and unnecessary swearing for the sake of trying to sound "mature" and "edgy." Gamespot even has an emblem in "the bad" for that, and I can totally see this game getting one. The voice acting in the previous games was also no where near as cringeworthy. The dialogue in this one sounds like its trying too hard to be cool, tough, and edgy.

But oh well, game still looks good, but like I said, if I get it then I'm playing it on mute.