Did you play the FFXIV open beta?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#1 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I did, and aside from being locked out because of error 3102 for almost all of Sunday, I loved the hell out of it.  I haven't even scratched the surface, but knowing that it's much more solo friendly is a major plus.  I played FFXI heavily for about two years and have wasted so much time trying to level and find parties and whatnot.  I'm hearing complaints that the game's been nerfed or made too easy or streamlined too much, but if you ask me, speeding things up gives you more time to check out other aspects of the game.  It also lets you have a life, considering you don't have to spend every moment of free time trying to get something done.  I already preordered it for early access so I can play it again on Saturday.  Got the major itch!

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I played the PC beta and I had a blast, it's probably the best FF games since FF9 in my opinion. The downside though was that 3102 error people got.

LordTrexGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 LordTrexGuy
Member since 2008 • 504 Posts

Are you asking my opinion on this game or simply whether I played this game or not? Or was this question asked to tell others your opinion on this game? I'm genuinely intrigued.

sssb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 sssb
Member since 2003 • 522 Posts

I Played it on ps3, if want my opinion is very nice and much enjoyable world to exploring,  but ps3 version has bad frame rate pc version got upper hand on this point also better graphics,  for me I'll get the game in day one in sha allah

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JustPlainLucas

Are you asking my opinion on this game or simply whether I played this game or not? Or was this question asked to tell others your opinion on this game? I'm genuinely intrigued.

LordTrexGuy
I'm not being intentionally cryptic. People can can either answer yes or no, or if they answered yes, they can share their own opinions if they want. I'm not of the ideal that a thread question needs to be spelled out. It would only make sense that someone who answered yes to a question would feel want to share their opinions, yes?

I played the PC beta and I had a blast, it's probably the best FF games since FF9 in my opinion. The downside though was that 3102 error people got.

Ballroompirate
Were you affected by it?

I Played it on ps3, if want my opinion is very nice and much enjoyable world to exploring,  but ps3 version has bad frame rate pc version got upper hand on this point also better graphics,  for me I'll get the game in day one in sha allah

sssb
Yeah, it's a shame they couldn't optimize the PS3 version. I'd play it on PC had only I a gaming PC.
benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#6 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

Played the beta, I like the idea of it coming to the PS3 for online users. But I don't think its my cup of tea on Final Fantasy XIV

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

[QUOTE="LordTrexGuy"] I'm not being intentionally cryptic. People can can either answer yes or no, or if they answered yes, they can share their own opinions if they want. I'm not of the ideal that a thread question needs to be spelled out. It would only make sense that someone who answered yes to a question would feel want to share their opinions, yes?[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

JustPlainLucas

Were you affected by it?

sssb

Yeah, it's a shame they couldn't optimize the PS3 version. I'd play it on PC had only I a gaming PC.

Sadly I was affected by 3102 error from 9:57pm Sat - 1:07am Sun. I'm not gonna lie that 3102 error made me want to cancel my pre order for FF14 ARR but thankfully SE gave us an extra 6 hours for the beta so I got to have a few extra hours to see if the game is worth it and so far I'm liking what I see. The idea of PC and PS3 players being on the same server is a good idea in my book, it gives that extra nudge to the population growth that a lot of mmos might need, also if I'm not mistaken they are thinking of making a PS4 version as well.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
Do we think there will ever be the possibility of the game being free-to-play in the future? I'm pretty sure FFXI never became F2P. If this ever does, I'll give it a shot. I was never an MMO person and could never justify a subscription when there are so many good free single-player games out there. I tried to get into DCUO when it went F2P but lost interest quick and overall didn't find the community very enjoyable. TC saying there was a lot of good solo content definitely intrigues me.
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JustPlainLucas

Sadly I was affected by 3102 error from 9:57pm Sat - 1:07am Sun. I'm not gonna lie that 3102 error made me want to cancel my pre order for FF14 ARR but thankfully SE gave us an extra 6 hours for the beta so I got to have a few extra hours to see if the game is worth it and so far I'm liking what I see. The idea of PC and PS3 players being on the same server is a good idea in my book, it gives that extra nudge to the population growth that a lot of mmos might need, also if I'm not mistaken they are thinking of making a PS4 version as well.

Ballroompirate
That's almost exactly the same time frame I was effected, although I was able to get on round 10 that Sunday night, but hit emergency maintenance almost a half hour later.
Do we think there will ever be the possibility of the game being free-to-play in the future? I'm pretty sure FFXI never became F2P. If this ever does, I'll give it a shot. I was never an MMO person and could never justify a subscription when there are so many good free single-player games out there. I tried to get into DCUO when it went F2P but lost interest quick and overall didn't find the community very enjoyable. TC saying there was a lot of good solo content definitely intrigues me. roboccs
Personally, I would rather it not be free-to-play. A subscription fee ensures that everyone's on the same playing field, not paying for content free players don't have access to. That isn't how an MMO, or any game for that matter, should operate.
samclockwise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 samclockwise
Member since 2011 • 76 Posts

I played it and it was good for a mmo. But I would not pay a subcription fee to play it.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts
I really enjoyed the beta on the PS3, but I already own the PC version from 1.0. I might pick up the PS3 version in the future if I stay with the game for awhile.
Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts
Personally, I would rather it not be free-to-play. A subscription fee ensures that everyone's on the same playing field, not paying for content free players don't have access to. That isn't how an MMO, or any game for that matter, should operate. JustPlainLucas
Free to play doesn't necessarily mean "if you don't pay you only get half the game". The purchases could also be of cosmetic nature only; recoloring gear would be a great candidate. Or some exclusive mounts. For me, the montly subscription is the only reason why I don't buy this game. Even thoufgh I hate 99% of all MMOs I've played, I'd gladly buy this one. But I'll never pay for time. That's almost like forcing me to play the game excessively for a whole month - and that's really a concept games shouldn't operate on.
Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#13 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

It was freaking amazing, although i spent most off my time standing in the city listening to the music :cry:

ZomBViperKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ZomBViperKing
Member since 2013 • 100 Posts
Unfortunately I wasn't able to.