This topic is locked from further discussion.

JByrd43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JByrd43
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I was playing a game and it just shut off. the red light came on. I played again later and it did the same thing. I moved it around played it in a different spot in fear it was over heating. All of a sudden The system won't even turn on. It will try and the system fan will turn on then it beeps 3 times and the red light flashes. It wont even eject the game. Does anyone know a way to fix it or reset it without sending it in? Thanks.
somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts
no, it's cool.
Xionethic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Xionethic
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts
Err no idea on that one. Maybe the 60gb ps3 (if you have one) are starting to self terminate.
Broken89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Broken89
Member since 2007 • 134 Posts
I think its overheating mine did something similar to this when my air conditioner went out in the middle of the summer lol
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
i think it might be over heatin, try to turn it off and unplug it for now, wait 1hr and make sure u dust it off if theres some dust on it, then try it back on, make sure u have plenty of room for it to breath, and i got the 60GB since launch been takin care of it like its the only ps3 left out there, and its been running smooth(knock on wood) just make sure it has room to breath, if that didnt work call sony, cuz i doubt any of us here would be able to help
furiousjester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 furiousjester
Member since 2005 • 112 Posts
IT'S DEAD. I had the same thing happen to me 3 beeps and the red light flashes on and off. The frist time it happened the system came back on an hour later. Then it happened 3 days later and would not came back on and never did.