Did I break my PS4's blu-ray disc drive?

venom0706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By venom0706
Member since 2008 • 111 Posts

I forgot a disc in my PS4 and turned it off. While it was in this condition, I lifted it up a few centimeters (so I don't scratch the bottom) and moved it just a little bit to the left to check something on the back of the console. It was in horizontal position during this whole thing. After that, I turned it on again and continued to play from the disc. However, I am a bit worried whether I have damaged the blu-ray disc reader while moving the console while the disc was inside. What do you think? Everything runs normal, however I am concerned. Thank you.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Can you just sell the console at this point?

This is obviously destroying your life by having it and worrying about it all the time so I think it's best you pick another hobby and hope for better results.

This is not the correct life choice for you.

venom0706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By venom0706

@Jaysonguy said:

This is obviously destroying your life by having it and worrying about it all the time so I think it's best you pick another hobby and hope for better results.

And can you just provide answer to my question? This is the second time I am asking something and YOU are answering something irrelevant.. What I do with my investment is my own business. Getting off the gamespot forums should be the correct life choice for you.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@venom0706 said:
@Jaysonguy said:

And can you just provide answer to my question? This is the second time I am asking something and YOU are answering something irrelevant.. What I do with my investment is my own business. Getting off the gamespot forums should be the correct life choice for you.

You're wasting everyone's time with mindless posts because you think everyone here works for Sony.

We do not, if you want answers pick up the telephone and call them, all you're doing is making multiple topics pushing real topics off the front page.

Here's an idea, make one topic full of your questions and then you can edit it every 30 seconds as you lose your mind over a piece of hardware. That way people who want to answer you can and you don't gum up the entire forum with questions that you should be asking Sony.

venom0706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By venom0706

So everyone who has questions regarding PS4 should call Sony, instead of writing on these forums? Also, even on one of my first threads you acted like a douche and at that time I wasn't posting "mindless posts". I was just asking specific questions regarding the console. And I suggest next time you see a thread that is posted by me, you simply don't enter it. I won't stop asking questions until I get the answers for them and you probably won't stop being a douche. So it's better if you ignore from now on, as I will do. If you don't, then good luck on wasting your time.

Xanatos357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 Xanatos357
Member since 2015 • 787 Posts

@venom0706: To answer you question, your disc drive is almost certainly not broken. The reason you're not supposed to turn a console over with a disc inside is to protect the disc from getting scratched when you move it around, but the console itself (specifically the disc reader) can be turned in any direction without causing damage, unless you're shaking it or something. Think back to the Xbox 360. You could use the console in a horizontal or vertical position and it was just fine. Disc readers are a lot sturdier than you are giving them credit for and don't usually break, they just get dirt or dust on them that causing them to malfunction. Honestly you should be more concerned for the disc but since you said you played it afterword, then it is probably fine as well.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Games are supposed to be fun.

However, you seem really worried and stressed out about your gaming machine (due to your 10 threads on random PS4 non-issues). Owning a game console shouldn't be this stressful.

Perhaps you might consider selling it and taking up a less nervous, less anxious hobby.

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

@venom0706 said:

I forgot a disc in my PS4 and turned it off. While it was in this condition, I lifted it up a few centimeters (so I don't scratch the bottom) and moved it just a little bit to the left to check something on the back of the console. It was in horizontal position during this whole thing. After that, I turned it on again and continued to play from the disc. However, I am a bit worried whether I have damaged the blu-ray disc reader while moving the console while the disc was inside. What do you think? Everything runs normal, however I am concerned. Thank you.

Yes you did. Runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn it's going to blow up