Did Fallout 3 depress you too?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

craigofadown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 craigofadown
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts
After a while, everything became really dull and boring, the colours were all faded and everything was really horrible, did it have the same effect on anyone else?
joefisher53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 joefisher53
Member since 2005 • 265 Posts
it was pretty damn bleak. i know i don't want to live in postapocalyptic washington dc any time soon:(
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#3 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I take solace in the chance that nuclear warfare will either destroy me, or I'll die before it happens. Fallout 3 is awesome though......
SamuRai_JeDi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 SamuRai_JeDi
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts
Nope, if anything, the game does a really good job of making me forget the stresses of reality for an hour or two or three.
siefier25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 siefier25
Member since 2007 • 361 Posts

Even tho the game has some pretty depressing(if not ****ed up) things happen to people throughout the capital wasteland, I still find the game to be humorous.

from sending a guy flying 50 ft into the air without his legs, to what mayor macready in little lamplight caverns says to you after letting you into the town.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Not at all, its just a game after all. It has no more of an effect on me than any movie or tv show.
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

yea ive had moments of depression,

after realizing i just blew up a whole ghoul santuary, i remebered they are human beings also :[

Darth_Sibbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#8 Darth_Sibbs
Member since 2004 • 4234 Posts
It was bleak but that was the appeal a great game...:)
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
Fallout 3 was really depressing.. having to save every 5 minutes because you'd never know when it would freeze on you.. even after the freezing and trophy patch its still frozen 3 times in only 4 hours of gameplay..
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

I feel that it actually got the point "you have to scrap and scrape to survive" across really well. Very few resources around when starting out makes you think and act wisely. I was conserving every bullet I could. It was a great challenge and it's a great outlook and awareness of "what would happen if.." with nuclear war.

Besides, it's supposed to be grim. A nuclear war happened 200 years ago. Especially (goes without saying) the location of what would be the biggest target on the globe for ANY country. Washington DC. You can't expect rainbows and daisys floating around like a Disney movie. They make you decide whether you bring hope or destroy them all.

Syaz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Syaz1
Member since 2008 • 554 Posts

it does get boring after a while, but that did not really depress me. what's depressed me is that i'll have to start the campaign all over again thanks to the buggy-ness of the game that doesn't allow me to progress through the story anymore. i like the game a lot, but the bugs are depressing enough to make me stop playing this game for weeks already.

Eliminator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Eliminator666
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts

not at all