devil may cry 4 ....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Koba123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Koba123
Member since 2005 • 1739 Posts
what do you think, where will the story go? :D
Erasorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Erasorn
Member since 2004 • 14502 Posts
what do you think, where will the story go? :DKoba123
I don't know, I don't care aslong as its fun! :D
EmpCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 EmpCom
Member since 2005 • 3451 Posts
Hopefully away cause the last 2 games sucked
Koba123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Koba123
Member since 2005 • 1739 Posts

what follows locigally

DMC1 ---- Good ------------

DMC2 ---- Bad I

DMC3 ---- Better --------- I

DMC4 ---- ??

baiums_inferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 baiums_inferno
Member since 2005 • 2608 Posts
Hopefully away cause the last 2 games suckedEmpCom

so you mean that dmc3 sucked!?

it got good rating everywhere, and i think its the best of them, why do you think it sucks??

the only dmc game that sucks are dmc2...!

EmpCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EmpCom
really bad
baiums_inferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 baiums_inferno

what follows locigally

DMC1 ---- Good ------------

DMC2 ---- Bad I

DMC3 ---- Better --------- I

DMC4 ---- ??

Koba123

i think they will make dmc4 at least as good as dmc3, i think they'll make it like dmc3, just better...
baiums_inferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 baiums_inferno
really badEmpCom

whats wrong with you!?

cant you handle the new diff og dmc3 or what? why do you hate it so much!?
EmpCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 EmpCom
Just found the game very boring
baiums_inferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 baiums_inferno
Just found the game very boringEmpCom

then i suppose you just dont like any games....
EmpCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 EmpCom
I like mgs games splinter cell ,gta,resi evil, best game i played recentley was second sight
alimn1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 alimn1984
Member since 2005 • 159 Posts

Devil may cry 4..? no matter...I didn't finish last 3 games ...& I will not finish Devil may cry 4 again...

JUST NINJA GAIDEN(XBOX),NINJA GAIDEN:BLACK(XBOX),NINJA GAIDEN 2(XBOX 360)

& Prince of persia:terillogy on PS2...

SirveltZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SirveltZero
Member since 2005 • 174 Posts
Hopefull, you will dive more into his family (Dante). Play as Sparda in a prequal before the actual game starts and go into Dante. Then Vergil could become playable. It might add an interesting feel to the game, but then again it could also make it a very very corny game..................... who knows????
spr4yp4int

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 spr4yp4int
Member since 2004 • 1296 Posts
Hopefull, you will dive more into his family (Dante). Play as Sparda in a prequal before the actual game starts and go into Dante. Then Vergil could become playable. It might add an interesting feel to the game, but then again it could also make it a very very corny game..................... who knows????SirveltZero
lol! that thing bout playing sparda, me and another DMC fan suggested when DMC2 was released ^^
Cantius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 Cantius
Member since 2004 • 3894 Posts

[QUOTE="EmpCom"]Just found the game very boringbaiums_inferno

then i suppose you just dont like any games....

People have opinions okay?

Not for you to complain about.

Volgin20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Volgin20
Member since 2005 • 456 Posts

I Want To Know What The Gameplay Would Be Like With Such Advanced Graphics!If The Game's Graphics Are Really Good While Playing Then We Might Not Like It That Much Because We Aren't Used To That And I Think They Should Try To Ease The New Technology On Us A Bit Because We're Used To Graphics That Don't Even Come Within A Fraction Of The Graphics That The PS3 Will Have And I Like Really Good Graphics But This Might Not Be Something I Could Get Used To!

:?

Prestoner77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Prestoner77
Member since 2005 • 2496 Posts
I still think DMC1 was the best just cause it was revolutionary at that time. DMC4 should be exciting to see, but seriously they haven't come up with a good story in a Devil May Cry game, they just always focus more into action.
Himmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Himmel
Member since 2002 • 5389 Posts
[QUOTE="EmpCom"]Hopefully away cause the last 2 games suckedbaiums_inferno

it got good rating everywhere, and i think its the best of them, why do you think it sucks??

Probably because it was the same freaking thing
sringangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 sringangel
Member since 2004 • 255 Posts
[QUOTE="baiums_inferno"][QUOTE="EmpCom"]Hopefully away cause the last 2 games suckedHimmel

*sighs* All we can do now is ... GET PS 3 AND HOPE DMC4 GOT NEW STUFF ON IT!!!!!
I can't stand the repetitiveness for the pass 3 games. (dies of shock)
ArchangelMorph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ArchangelMorph
Member since 2005 • 1579 Posts

[QUOTE="SirveltZero"]Hopefull, you will dive more into his family (Dante). Play as Sparda in a prequal before the actual game starts and go into Dante. Then Vergil could become playable. It might add an interesting feel to the game, but then again it could also make it a very very corny game..................... who knows????spr4yp4int
lol! that thing bout playing sparda, me and another DMC fan suggested when DMC2 was released ^^

You can play as Sparda on DMC1..

NEways..

I think the rest of the people in this thread should keep on topic.. If you don't like DMC then dont post (that simple!.. cuz essentially we don't want your oppinion on where we think the story of DMC4 should go..)

Finally..

I think DMC4 should leave the whole prequel scene and focus on some newer adventures for dante..

They should bring back Trish (who started working with Dante at the end of DMC but was nowhere to be seen in DMC2..) and Lucia (find a way to bring her back from the demon realm to fight with dante again.. its possible cuz virgil did it when he came back as Nelo Angelo on the DMC, with the intervention of the dark prince Mundus of course..)

Also they should try and salvage at least some of the plot aspects out of the failure that was DMC2, bringing some also from DMC and DMC3 and work them into a bigger story.. A much more epic plot that really expands the DMC universe and explodes the game into something huge for the franchises first PS3 outing..

If capcom can pull off everything i've stated here.. (as well as introduce a new male protagonist who can fight along side, opposed to (or both) dante in the new adventure..) then i'm sure DMC4 will break the mold and do for PS3 what Halo did for Xbox...

The point is.. They already have the gameplay mechanics and foundations to make DMC4 play excellently.. I just think they need to REALLY blow up the story and get the player much more immersed in something that blows his/her mind as soon as the power light turns on and the disc starts spinning.. :wink:

Himmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Himmel
Member since 2002 • 5389 Posts
[QUOTE="Himmel"][QUOTE="baiums_inferno"][QUOTE="EmpCom"]Hopefully away cause the last 2 games suckedsringangel

*sighs* All we can do now is ... GET PS 3 AND HOPE DMC4 GOT NEW STUFF ON IT!!!!!
I can't stand the repetitiveness for the pass 3 games. (dies of shock)

You can't stand repetition, yet you have a FF avy.

Hah....... Hahahah....... man...
sringangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 sringangel
Member since 2004 • 255 Posts
I only played Final Fantasy 7 and I only LOVE Final Fantasy 7
so I don't support the whole series basically.
ResEv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ResEv
Member since 2002 • 205 Posts
For the game, I'll hope that capcom doesn't try to experiment with new stuff and just stick to what made that game (DMC3) good. As for the story... the rivalry between Dante and Virgil was probably the best I've seen in a very long time, and since Virgil isn't dead, they'll have to at least continue it. My guess... the story can go either two ways. Virgil will probably come back from where he is and want to get revenge on Dante (the obvious one), or he'll come back and want to team up with Dante in the beginning and towards the end, he'll turn on him but Dante will already be expecting it. In any case, I think the end of the game will have Dante finally emering victorious over Virgil. A quick question for the DMC fans, which Dante do you like more? DMC1 Dante or DMC3 Dante? I like DMC3 Dante.
X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9558 Posts
[QUOTE="ResEv"]For the game, I'll hope that capcom doesn't try to experiment with new stuff and just stick to what made that game (DMC3) good. As for the story... the rivalry between Dante and Virgil was probably the best I've seen in a very long time, and since Virgil isn't dead, they'll have to at least continue it. My guess... the story can go either two ways. Virgil will probably come back from where he is and want to get revenge on Dante (the obvious one), or he'll come back and want to team up with Dante in the beginning and towards the end, he'll turn on him but Dante will already be expecting it. In any case, I think the end of the game will have Dante finally emering victorious over Virgil. A quick question for the DMC fans, which Dante do you like more? DMC1 Dante or DMC3 Dante? I like DMC3 Dante.

Vergil dies in DMC1, he was Nelo Angelo.

I like DMC1 and DMC3 Dante the most.
Riskbreaker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Riskbreaker23
Member since 2005 • 116 Posts
i would like to see lady/mary come back in 4. i liked her more than trish
brewed100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 brewed100
Member since 2004 • 33 Posts
The dmc series is been a benchmark in the action/horror genre. These guys are on to something and know how to do it right. When Dante moves even in walking, he doesn't look just like a 'video game character' (God of War, Prince of Persia - and I love those games!) . Everything feels solid as it should and that's a subtilty that most games still haven't achieved.

Who else around has an insane combat system that's tweaked enough to kick multiple asses, AND change weapons during ass kicking, AND while moving around, AND with a host of baddies on screen, AND great frame rate (no hiccups), AND crazy sword, smoke and fire effects, AND sound fx/music, AND big ass bosses with multiple attack patterns, AND give you different styles to explore on the ps2?

As long as the dmc team stays true and focused you know dmc4 is going to disembowel and ass kick it's predecessors and all others like it in it's genre - TOO EASY!

-chris

Avatar image for 209994445429919912026507909544

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 209994445429919912026507909544
Member since 2006 • 69 Posts
its going to be kick-@$$!!!
battousai188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#28 battousai188
Member since 2004 • 2075 Posts

Hopefully away cause the last 2 games suckedEmpCom

I thought Dante's Awakaning was awesome! DMC 2 sucked but 3 rocked!

tabben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tabben
Member since 2003 • 517 Posts
I think its prolly gona be somekind of follow up from DMC2, when he stayed back in hell n just went for the core or whatever. In DMC3 Virgil did the samething, so they meet up in hell to fight the core or Virgil beaten that thing n is the LORD OF HELL MUHAHAHA, er. Anyways prolly Dante fight Virgil as the lord of hell, or they meet up halfway n fight toghter of some strange reason. N all of a sudden Sparda gona pop up n a big family reunion is made, to the party Trish, Lady n Lucia. Cuz you gotto have chicks on a party!

Story would end in the fashion of... Then they lived happy ever after etc etc.
threepac81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 threepac81
Member since 2003 • 3459 Posts

Vergil dies in DMC1, he was Nelo Angelo.

I like DMC1 and DMC3 Dante the most.
X_CAPCOM_X

In DMC1 they never showed Nelo Angelo dead on the ground... In the last fight with him (Nelo Angelo) Dante defeats him and he disappears, leaving only his necklace. We have no idea whether he died at that point or that he just warp out.
chocolate-1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chocolate-1990
Member since 2005 • 55 Posts
well apparently, Dante has I new gun, I forgot the name of it, something slayer, or Devil something...either way, it's said that Vergil gave it to him. But it's just a rumour, although if it is true, then maybe Nelo Angelo turned good, or something...who knows.
Atrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Atrus
Member since 2002 • 10422 Posts
DMC3 is perhaps the best action game this generation, so I'm hoping DMC4 offers more, maybe even on the fly style switching. From the character sketches, Lady and Trish might return and Vergil will definitely be back.

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts
Once I read that Lady from DMC 3 is going to be in the next game, which I think would be pretty cool, could someone confirms this with a link or something?
chocolate-1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 chocolate-1990

Once I read that Lady from DMC 3 is going to be in the next game, which I think would be pretty cool, could someone confirms this with a link or something? rzepak

rzepak, I don't think it's been confirmed yet, as DMC4 is supposedly 5% complete. But if it helps, I have heard some rumours going around that Vergil is meant to be "making a return", and that Lady & Trish should be coming back too. Like I said, they're just rumours, but I hope they're true, so fingers crossed, ey?

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts
I could do without Trish...
Ratchetcomand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#36 Ratchetcomand
Member since 2005 • 1122 Posts
When does DMC4 come out , EB games say may/1/06 ! I dobut it ture becusce there no realse date for PS3 yet !
chocolate-1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 chocolate-1990

When does DMC4 come out , EB games say may/1/06 ! I dobut it ture becusce there no realse date for PS3 yet !Ratchetcomand

Well, I think that you'll be able to pre-order games before the PS3 comes out, how that would work, I don't know. DMC4 won't come out until at least a while after the PS3, apparently DMC4 is only about 5% complete. So it most definately won't be coming out in May. And some of the games that they're currently working on already have release dates, and I haven't seen DMC4 in that list. Let's hope it's soon though.

deadman45326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 deadman45326
Member since 2006 • 32 Posts

They better not screw it up thats all i have to say

ps: click on my sig

Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#39 Xanog1
Member since 2004 • 12332 Posts

It'll be the sequel to DMC2, that's all we really know.

Hey, I just noticed, what's with the big series making #3 a prequel and having #4 a sequel to #2?

Ronin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ronin_87
Member since 2005 • 2243 Posts
I just realised how old this thread is. :D

Anyway yeh DMC4 is after all of the games, so we may se charafcters from all previous games. That would be cool, especially if you could controll some of them. I think they should stick to the known formula, just include more moves and really cool weapons. DMC3 was the best in terms of gameplay, but DMC was the best in terms of originality (obviously :P).
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#41 Xanog1
Member since 2004 • 12332 Posts

I just realised how old this thread is. :D

Anyway yeh DMC4 is after all of the games, so we may se charafcters from all previous games. That would be cool, especially if you could controll some of them. I think they should stick to the known formula, just include more moves and really cool weapons. DMC3 was the best in terms of gameplay, but DMC was the best in terms of originality (obviously :P).
Ronin_87

I remember in one of the older issues of Famitsu, the producer said something about Vergil and Lady returning.

And for the gameplay, the difficulty will be even harder, but the controls will be much more refined.

Col-Neil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 Col-Neil
Member since 2004 • 1413 Posts
Well the way i see it now since these companys all go on and on about how strong there machines is that means the bar is set higher i know im not the only one who gets sick of seeing half arsed games i liked Dmc 3 i really hope 4 will take things to the next level
rahzel54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 rahzel54
Member since 2004 • 1732 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9tDL1izErc so far, so good. and judging by the rest of the videos (like the boss fight), it looks awesome too.
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
The story needs to return to Mundus. Dante didn't finish him off in the first one just sealed him back in hell. I figured after 3 sequels he would have come back by now but I guess not.