Destiny Alpha Problems and Fixes

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vatorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vatorus
Member since 2007 • 139 Posts

I downloaded and tried to install the Destiny Alpha 4 times and it keeps getting stuck at some point. I tried deleting it, re-downloading and installing...it's been 50 minutes and I am at almost 25%.

Is this normal? How long has it taken for others? Anyone know a fix?

DarkSaint05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DarkSaint05
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@vatorus: patience my friend. Let it download. It is 6.7GB. I have 30 mps and mine still took 45 minutes. To download faster, Turn off any device connected to your wifi or router except your PS4. Then go eat or take a shower. If it is stopping then you might not have enough memory on your hard drive. I don't think that is the case but I dont know what you have downloaded either.

Note: Do a "Internet Connection Test" on you PS4 and look at your download speed. If it is bellow 20 mps then yea it will take awhile. Look into upgrading to a better provider.

cejay0813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By cejay0813
Member since 2004 • 1939 Posts

It's not so much the internet speed of individual users as it is Sony's network taking a hit right now.... Both Battlefield and Destiny demos running at the same time right now... I can imagine what this is doing to the servers. On a normal day, I can download an entire game in 1-2 hour window.... 50mbps down...

I'm at a hotel right now and using my hotspot and i was getting 6mbps down and it still took over 5 hours each to download both demos (BF and Destiny)... Sometimes it clocked me at over 24 hours but I would reset the connection at that time and try again.