Demons Souls: what is better

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattamomo
Member since 2010 • 929 Posts
I got a tip from a friend that going to bolteria palace an killing the things then going back to the nexus was good to level stuff up, so i did this and have enough souls to upgrade a weapon I wanted to know what is better, the raiper I started with or the bastard sword i found Also how do i upgrade my strength and stuff? (I had to post here as the demons souls forum is not very active atm)
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

They are different types of weapons, or at least they do different types of damage. May depend on what you plan to do, be a brawler, or a mage/royalty, or something else? Your ideal weapon type will depend on those things. I would suggest going to the wiki and checking it out. When you collect all those shards of materials you use those to upgrade weapons/shields. Upgrade your strength & int by talking to the lady with the crazy eye stuff.

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/

octoman115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 octoman115
Member since 2010 • 765 Posts

I would recommend getting a spear and shield. It's a good combination to start off with. You can buy a spear from the vendor in Boletarian Palace for 2000 souls IIRC. I'm not a huge fan of rapiers because they are basically spears with less damage and basically no reach.

Marmotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Marmotas
Member since 2004 • 2944 Posts

I got a tip from a friend that going to bolteria palace an killing the things then going back to the nexus was good to level stuff up, so i did this and have enough souls to upgrade a weapon I wanted to know what is better, the raiper I started with or the bastard sword i found Also how do i upgrade my strength and stuff? (I had to post here as the demons souls forum is not very active atm)mattamomo

Mmm, if those 2 are the only options, id go Rapier. Thing is, the Bastard Sword is not very good, the moveset of that kind of weapons does not fit the size of that sword, i mean, its not worth it, to take advantage of that moveset you need a really long sword (the Claymore) to compensate for the slow attacks with range and strenght.

Rapiers dont really have that good range with normal attacks, but you can block at the same time, so that helps. Also, the rolling/running attacks for the rapier does have tons of range. They main problem is the area it affects (only a straight line in front of you)... best rapier-like weapon is the Estoc (found in world 3) since its the longer one.

To upgrade your stats, talk with the Maiden in Black (after talking and accepting the Monumentals mission), and it all depends what kind of build you want to create.

Id say that Endurance to 40 is a must in any build to get the maximun amount of stamina for attacks/evade/block.

Str (if not the main stat) should only be upgraded to match the requisites of your current weapons and shield.