demon's souls help please?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

oblivmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 oblivmasta
Member since 2006 • 253 Posts

Ok well i was just wondering... can i keep placing blue stones in front of boss areas and keep beating them for souls..? and how come my nexus music went to creepy organs and is no longer the nice melody?

ShootingPwnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ShootingPwnage
Member since 2009 • 423 Posts

The stone can be dropped as many times as you want i think. As for the music, check your tendecy, it might be black

oblivmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 oblivmasta

no i cant lol. it doesnt allow melots of times. oh and can somone help me with the armor situation. i see people running and jumping around with full brush wood armor on and i can only walk... is that a strength thing i guess?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

no i cant lol. it doesnt allow melots of times. oh and can somone help me with the armor situation. i see people running and jumping around with full brush wood armor on and i can only walk... is that a strength thing i guess?

oblivmasta
you are overweight and yeah, i think that's got to do with strength. or try giving some heavy and unnecessary items to thomas
ShootingPwnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ShootingPwnage
Member since 2009 • 423 Posts

If it doesnt let you drop it before the boss fight, drop closer to the beginning (works for me). As for the armor...yea you need to go to the nexus and increase your strength.... (also you can get the ring of herculean strength from thomas)

oblivmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 oblivmasta

yeah pretty sure it has to do with strength. cause they wouldnt make it so strength is just to like, what. 30 or 40 for the best armor in the game or w.e? so they want to u to always have somthin to have to upgrade. so u can be quick with it all on? lol idk no instructions :P im on the last world and its really hard... and just not enjoyable. way to dark for my liking. its just a super depressing area in my opinion..

Avatar image for paperdollparade
paperdollparade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 paperdollparade
Member since 2007 • 1915 Posts

It has to do with endurance. you need to increase your max equip weight (which i'm pretty sure is goverend by endurance). how well you can move in an armor is based on the percentage of equip wieght used up.

oblivmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 oblivmasta

yeah thats what i thought too at first, then i see that oh i need 30 Streength to do wear this armor. maybe if its higher i can be stronger... and be able to carry its weight? lol but i guess if the equip burden is to high it gets to be slow? like maybe my brushwoood is exceeding my equip burden. i'll checdk haha ps u usually help me out on this game thanks, whats a good way to farm souls?.... im kinda stuck in a rut here, im on second arch stone of valley of defilement and its really pissing me off. so i wanna get it so i can wear armor thats good and be able to jump around a bit more.. ps whats the best weapon to use in your opinion... and HOW the hell do i upgrade my weapons with all this dragon stone i have lol.... like ive only been able to use sharp stone..

oblivmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 oblivmasta

k i get what u mean about equip burden and endurance. u were right. now i need to find a good place to get souls! where ? haha

Avatar image for paperdollparade
paperdollparade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 paperdollparade
Member since 2007 • 1915 Posts
ya strength really is only for meeting requrments to wear armor and use weapons. it also increases damage, but if you want to increase carry wieght you need to increase your vitality and to increase equip weight you need to increase your endurance. best place to farm souls on your first playthrough is the beggining of 4-2. there is a guy that you can kill with 2-3 arrows and it will net you between 4.5k and ~6k depending what you have equiped. 5-2 is the most frustrating level in the game IMO. lol, between the constant poison and plague you also have to deal with a lack of mobility (your movement is going to suck regardless of what you wear or don't wear) and there are a number of giants on top of all that. definitly a tough place to be :). as far as best weapon (for first play through at least) goes a lot of people will say its the moon winged spear + 5, but while it is useful i would say it depends on the level. for example if I was playing world 2 I would use the moon winged spear since most of the enemies there are weak against piercing attacks and the bear-bugs are weak against magic, in world 4 i would use a sword upgraded with dragon stones since the skeletons are very weak against fire. it makes killing the duel katana wielding skeletons a breeze. I forget about the other weaknesses but some enemies are weak against blunt attacks, others fire, others magic, etc.. to upgrade with dragon stone you need to go to the blacksmith in 2-1, then upgrade a weapon regularly to +3 (i think it was +3 for dragon stone, but some are +5 or +7). the option to upgrade with the dragon stone will pop up then. thats quite a bit i hope it helps. good luck slayer of demons :P
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

For the reaper like the above poster says if you do it on your first NG+ with the ring of avacarie you can get 10k a kill of that reaper :D

oblivmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 oblivmasta

thanks ALOT guys. where can i find the spear. and the avarice ring???

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb196d4ab501
deactivated-5bb196d4ab501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 deactivated-5bb196d4ab501
Member since 2006 • 181 Posts

str = item weight

end = equip weight