Dead Space VS Resident Evil 5

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cheesecakloath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 cheesecakloath
Member since 2008 • 108 Posts

So... we have two amazing games... one isscarierthen the other... one controls better then the other... one looks better then the other.. but which one?

I think it is safe to say Resident Evil has left the survival horror genre... and dead space makes me crap my pants...

But which one do you think does the job of scaring you and gives you more satisfaction towards head popping limb slicing goodnness...

I say Dead Space...

Your thoughts?

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#2 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

I'm NOT going to say that Resident Evil has left the survival horror genre because let's face it: there is still horror inRE 5 that you have to survive! although RE 5 is not as scary as certain RE games in the past I'd say it still offers creepy and scary moments. As far as Dead Space goes I only played the demo not the actual game so I'm in no position to give it a comparison to Resident Evil 5. Resident Evil 5, which I have completed and own, is an EXCELLENT game!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

RE5 all the way. Dead Space is horrible.

PurpleHaze89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 PurpleHaze89
Member since 2008 • 807 Posts

I like both Games a lot but i have to say RE5 is the better game IMO. It offers a lot more replay value and stuff like Mercenaries is just pure win. Dead Space is a lot more scary though.

Smoke89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Smoke89
Member since 2003 • 3575 Posts

I am yet to play RE5 (my ps3 is in my dorm and I am at home), but I loved dead space. Most people I talk to like RE5 over it, but I am sure they are both on a similar tier.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
RE5 is way better. Dead Space was good but RE can't be beaten.
SDevourer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SDevourer
Member since 2009 • 66 Posts

Dead Space would be better than RE5 if it had replayability.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
They're both great games that do what they do extemely well. Comparing them in terms of horror isn't exactly fair though, since Resident Evil 5 just isn't a survival horror game. It owes more to Uncharted and MGS4 in style than it does the original Resident Evils and it knows full well that it isn't a horror game. It's action movie excess is part of it's charm IMO.
ikwal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ikwal
Member since 2004 • 1600 Posts

Dead Space is a much better game for many reasons, it has way better controls, is actually scary, better art style and not the stupidest story ever.

Trick933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Trick933
Member since 2005 • 808 Posts

Dead Space is scarier, you can actually play dead space. RE5 plays like a retarded three legged dog limping through piles of broken glass. However i have to give it some credit the enimies/boss are really cool.

Avatar image for railroberto2007
railroberto2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 railroberto2007
Member since 2007 • 1405 Posts

Aljosa23
wrong
fantom513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fantom513
Member since 2008 • 222 Posts

I would definitely have to go with Dead Space. I liked how it was innovative and brought a new killing style to the horror survival genre in which you didn't just shoot your enemies in the head. I found it a lot more fun to take apart enemies limb by limb with the futuristic engineering tools like the ripper, the contact beam, the line gun, and the force gun than to just shoot the enemies with your usual weaponssuch asa pistol in RE5. I also liked the way the game creators implemented stasis and telekenisis into the game.I have to say I never got tired of using stasis to freeze enemies in mid air when they lunged at me and then watch the limbs of a necromorphfly off in slow motion as I took each one off with the ripper. I also liked the environment and sound effects way better in Dead Space. There were several times in the game where I stopped just to look at parts of the Ishimura because the creators did such an amazing job with the visual effects on the ship. The combination of the amazing visuals and sound effects really drew me into the game and I just could not stop playing. Overall Dead Space felt completely new to me and unlike any other game I've ever played. As for those who say Dead Space doesn't have replayability I think it does because there is no possible way you can get all the trophies (or achievements)in just one play through. I didn't even have everything fully upgraded until chapter 7 of my second playthrough. I'm currently playing it for the third time to get the one gun trophy and I will probably play it again sometime to get the trophy for beating the game on the hardest difficulty.

Lucid1314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 Lucid1314
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

Dead Space was really great and I loved it. But in the end, I still choose RE5... Dead Space improved upon RE4's game play and RE5 was a step back from that staying with RE4's game play: Riot Control.

The thing that really ruined things for me in Dead Space at points... was the fact that you hear that cord every time something big is going to happen. RE5 suprises you instead.

Dead Space got a little repetive at times, seeing all the same vent covers (though I under stand it's a space ship and I would assume something that doubles as a space station it would be bound to repeat. RE5 has many different enviorments that were nice and very great looking water aside...

Dead Space kind of took things slow with it's enemies and with being able to run you can just run and shoot them. I'm not complaining about that. but it rather takes away from the intesity of each fight especially in Zero-G. RE5 still won't let you move and with enemies that will get all UP IN YO GRILL! you start to panic because their hit is inevitable if you can't put your weapon down in time.

over all... they're both really amazing games, and they honestly have a quite a bit of differences.

plus... RE5 has MUCH more to do once you complete it.

FLYEboi50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 FLYEboi50
Member since 2007 • 518 Posts
DEAD SPACE all the way. Dead Space has better graphics, sound effects, and some better aspects in gameplay. The only thing I liked about resident evil 5 are the melees. In Dead Space its a little too clunky. I like melees that don't involve having to constantly mash a button in order for you to curb stomp something. RE5 has simplified melees with one button press & you watch the character perform the melee. But Dead Space has the upper hand in the shooting mechanics. In RE5 you can't move while you shoot, which i found kind of frustrating. I've really never played a RE game(except the arcade ones). But yes, I was more satisfied when I played Dead Space. Not only was I satisfied, but in awe of the fact that the game was so immersive.
bmart777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bmart777
Member since 2008 • 220 Posts

Aljosa23

ya ok whatever you say dude

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

Aljosa23

you don't know what you're talking about. play then talk, because DS takes alot from RE4. as for wich one is scarier , duh DS. but overall I prefer RE5( my favorite franchise). It has better characters, a more interesting story line and more replay value

ps Dead space`s controler is more precise.

king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#17 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
I think Dead Space is the better game overall. The only things I really like more about RE5 is having a partner along in online co-op is a nice idea, and the graphics are slightly better. But Dead Space has better controls, story, gameplay, replay value, presentation, etc.
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Aljosa23

There is something wrong with you. :D

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I would say Dead Space, but only just. I think if RE5 was scary it would have beaten it, but Dead Space keeps you constantly involved.

elquesogrande

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 elquesogrande
Member since 2009 • 71 Posts
RE5 has much more to offer than Dead Space in terms of replayability.....i prefer RE5......but I would say Dead Space is far scarier
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I've yet to play RE5, mostly because the price on PS3 games have rocketed here in Norway, but from what I've seen it doesn't look all that scary. Dead Space made the hairs on my neck stand up more then on a few occassions and so I'll give that my vote.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
i love both, but if u want to know which is scarier then i have to go with dead space all the way, RE hasnt been scary since RE4 and its a shame but still a fun game to play, one of my favorite games right now but its not the same as old RE games in the past, and i mean the scary survival horror thats its missin
damonm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 damonm
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I haven't played RE5 yet, but I do ownDead Space and have to say if your playing alone in the room and one of those damn tenticals comes and grabs you you jump pretty high. try switching off all of the lights in the night,and play on your own in a room, garentee you'll almost piss yourself. Cant wait to try RE5.

Avatar image for doomsday_selena
doomsday_selena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 doomsday_selena
Member since 2009 • 173 Posts
Dead Space by far for me. I loved the blood and guts that sprayed everywhere and all the guns you could get. It was like, so so scary too and I loved that. It was such a beautiful game too and I loved the atmosphere and setting. Resident Evil has gone way downhill for me. I think that it's not even scary anymore and that it's all like the same. RE5 is almost identical to RE4 and there's like nothing new so that's a big screw for me and that's why I pick Dead Space.
WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WhiteSnake5000
Member since 2005 • 12454 Posts
Resident Evil 4 > Dead Space > Resident Evil 5. That's just me though.
DeeJay-88-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DeeJay-88-
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts
DEAD SPACE....i just loved the ripper lmao
usmcjdk6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 usmcjdk6
Member since 2007 • 1240 Posts

I prefer Dead Space. Besides, the final boss battle when you're being swung around like a red headed step child is absolutely fun. Loved the aiming in that part.

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

Dead Space, imo, is the overall better game because it feels fresher and you get a lot more satisfaction out of chopping up enemies until they're literally a torso.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

Deadspace all the way. graphics are at least in the same ballpark, but i like the art style and atmospher in deadspace much better. They used the shadows and lighting to much better effect.The sound is great. they did some amazing things with the sound. The story line IMO is a lot cooler, plus the movie,web comics ect while not technicly part of the game realy fleashed out the world of DS. Also Deadspace actualy was creepy and scary "as much as a video game can be any way" While re5 was just a run and gun action game. Also as far as a single playerexp i like DS better, no agravating AI forced on me. the weapons were cooler and pretty origonal.The dismemberment and zero G gameplay was cool while re5 had a very been there done that ...many times feel to it.Plus while im not one to complain about re5's controls i do think DS has it beat. RE5 is a great game but IMHO deadspace has it beat in pretty much every way. Plus its a NEW IP and a great one at that ! Wich counts for a lot in my book.

laptop12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 laptop12
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

Dead Space run and gun, RE5 stand and gun, DS easy Re5 difficult, DS pretty scare, Re5 not sacre at all

Jiggle-Me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jiggle-Me
Member since 2009 • 41 Posts
I'm going to have to go with RE 5 because i'm not that into futuristic games, and well, zombies are just really cool. But both are really good games.
Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts
Both games are incredibly polished, and it'd be like comparing apples and oranges. Dead Space trumps RE5 in the horror department, which is a huge blow to the Resident Evil franchise. While Dead Space is a terrific survival horror game, RE5 is clearly the game with the best value. Upgradable weapons, bonus unlockables, mercenaries mode all add incredible value to an already incredible action shooter game (yes, an action shooter game, folks). Dead Space for atmosphere and horror, RE5 for high production values and replayability. Both are terrific games though, and both deserve a nod.
magicquebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 magicquebec
Member since 2006 • 1306 Posts

Aljosa23

Very Wrong !

magicquebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 magicquebec
Member since 2006 • 1306 Posts

Deadspace all the way. graphics are at least in the same ballpark, but i like the art style and atmospher in deadspace much better. They used the shadows and lighting to much better effect.The sound is great. they did some amazing things with the sound. The story line IMO is a lot cooler, plus the movie,web comics ect while not technicly part of the game realy fleashed out the world of DS. Also Deadspace actualy was creepy and scary "as much as a video game can be any way" While re5 was just a run and gun action game. Also as far as a single playerexp i like DS better, no agravating AI forced on me. the weapons were cooler and pretty origonal.The dismemberment and zero G gameplay was cool while re5 had a very been there done that ...many times feel to it.Plus while im not one to complain about re5's controls i do think DS has it beat. RE5 is a great game but IMHO deadspace has it beat in pretty much every way. Plus its a NEW IP and a great one at that ! Wich counts for a lot in my book.

Wild_Card
WOW, my exact feeling ! I'm very happy i found someone who thinks exactly like me about Dead Space vs Resident Evil !
darksidecelica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 darksidecelica
Member since 2009 • 348 Posts
My vote goes to Dead Space. The atmosphere was frightfully disturbing; try playing with a good surround system. Really imaginative enemies. I think RE5 lost its "survival horror" when they added co-op. The horror just wasn't there for me anymore
fuzzyking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 fuzzyking
Member since 2005 • 311 Posts

i like Dead Space just alittle better because its scary and it has more atmosphere.

RE5 gots fun offline coop though