Deactivate second hand PS Vita / password unkown

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Melted_ice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Melted_ice
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

My Gf baught me a used PS Vita with a used 8gb memory card.

anyway is it possible to deactivate the old users account from the memory card/vita, without the password.

Did sony really set it up so I have to buy a new memory card?

IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts

Power off the system and hold down the power button, right trigger, and playstation button at the same time and then a list of options will pop up. You can choose to restore the PS Vita, and format the memory card.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#3 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Just restore the system to factory settings. This can be done directly from the settings menu. Formatting the memory card should also be done, as IdioticIcarus said. Don't worry about deactivating. The previous owner should have taken care of this, and they can always do it online if they feel the need.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
When you add your psn account to it I think it automatically deactivates the old one. And as others have said if it doesn't let the old owner worry about that.
Avatar image for thebill_iscrisp
thebill_iscrisp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thebill_iscrisp
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Power off the system and hold down the power button, right trigger, and playstation button at the same time and then a list of options will pop up. You can choose to restore the PS Vita, and format the memory card.

IdioticIcarus
I second this option... I had to call Sony for them to tell me this. :) The rest of the people on here just don't know.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I find it hard to believe that people who trade in their used systems would not wipe them clean of their personal info, or that the stores that bought them wouldn't re-format them before selling.

Every time I read stories like this I think the system might be stolen, and posters are unknowingly helping out a criminal.