This topic is locked from further discussion.

adyset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 adyset
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

My old 60G blue ray ps3 switches itself off immediately after boot up.If I buy a new ps3 is there a way I can transfer all my saves to the new one from my old hard drive.:

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Yeah. Basically you can either back up pretty much everything to an external hard drive or just use a USB flashdrive or the Online Storage via PS+ to transfer your game saves, but you'd have to re-install everything else.

Actually, there might even be a more direct method with transferring data between 2 PS3's, but I'm too lazy to look into it.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

Try booting in safe mode, and restoring default settings, and the file system. Rebuilding the database may also help.

-----

Step 1: Turn off the PLAYSTATION 3 by holding the Power button on the front of the unit till the Power light is red.

Step 2:

1. Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, meaning the PLAYSTATION 3 is powering on.
  2. Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep, indicating the video reset.
  3. Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a third beep and the system will power off (Power light is red).

Step 3:

1. Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, again for the PLAYSTATION 3 to power on.
  2. Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep for video reset.
  3. Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep. At that point release the Power button. If you succeeded in activating SafeMode, you will see a message on the screen saying, "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button."

-----

For more info on Safe Mode, click here.