Dark Souls: 14 Hours and Stuck

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

So I need some new perspectives on this to help me get moving in Dark Souls again, as I feel like I'm treading water. I have just completed Blight Town, killed Quelaag, and now I have no idea where to go!

I am SL 35, Bastard Sword +9, Raw Battle Axe, and Drake Sword. Basically, all of my weapons have about a 200 phys dmg count, not that it ever does that much. As for my armor, I use Black Leather Assassin gear when in the swamp areas, or around heavy poison, but use Havel's Ring and heavy gear when in areas like Undead Burg or Sen's Fortress. Unfortunately, my attacks with my Bas Sword (use it 1H with a shield) do about 70 dmg to the reptiles in Sen's, and it doesn't make them stagger so they usually manage to hit me 1-2 times before I can get my block up either while attacking or after.

So here are my three options:

1) I can grind up some better weapon materials and get my Bas Sword to like +10 Normal, and level my strength abit, maybe get up to doing about 100dmg against them (which will hopefully cause them to stagger when hit!)

2) I can find another spot to go next, either GY/Catacombs or Darkroot Garden, and I haven't had much luck with either one yet

3) Restart my character... okay, not really, I don't actually have a third option at the moment, but I just feel really stuck

I need some new thoughts on this, as I have been trying to figure out what to do next for a while now. Any thoughts or advice that could help me?

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I'm about to be right there as well, you can always go back and kill the dragon in the lake, get a key to unlock that door in the forest area, or there's another part that you can get to in the gardens that leads you to an elevator to an area with walking dragon type things that give a good amount of souls.

I'm sort of lost in the map as idk if I should have fought the wolf with the sword yet or not. I just got to Blight Town so I can't offer much on what is after it. How is Blight Town, I played a few minutes of it and it seemed to have upped the difficulty a bit.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Essian

I'm about to be right there as well, you can always go back and kill the dragon in the lake, get a key to unlock that door in the forest area, or there's another part that you can get to in the gardens that leads you to an elevator to an area with walking dragon type things that give a good amount of souls.

I'm sort of lost in the map as idk if I should have fought the wolf with the sword yet or not. I just got to Blight Town so I can't offer much on what is after it. How is Blight Town, I played a few minutes of it and it seemed to have upped the difficulty a bit.

blueboxdoctor
If you mean the hydra? Yeah, killed the one in Darkroot Basin already. Went to Darkroot Garden and got reamed, but idk, maybe it's worth going there again just to explore
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#4 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

for better equipment: if you kill a sword wielding black knight without getting hit, you have a good chance of getting their sword (205 base and draws mostly from strength). also, you can get a stone greatsword from the stone knights in darkroot garden. it hits for a lot of physical and magic damage, draws mostly from strength and dexterity, and sadly weighs a ton.

as for where to go, im where you are and im either going to try the stray demon in the asylum again or enter sen's fortress. actually, the area behind the sealed door in darkroot seems doable now too.

Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Sphire
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts

as for where to go, im where you are and im either going to try the stray demon in the asylum again or enter sen's fortress. actually, the area behind the sealed door in darkroot seems doable now too.

LoG-Sacrament
Oh, can we go back to the asylum anytime? I thought something was supposed to happen story-wise. Pray tell what needs be done to go back there? Though I personally want to find a sunlight maggot before going back. And you guys are going fast, I'm probably about just under 30 hrs playin, and just got done with sens fortress and onto anor londo. A word of advice, if you want to use the souls you gain from beating the arena boss on items, don't examine the yellow marker he leaves behind yet. Only touch it when you want to go to anor londo. I screwed that up and had to invest in levels instead.
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Essian

for better equipment: if you kill a sword wielding black knight without getting hit, you have a good chance of getting their sword (205 base and draws mostly from strength). also, you can get a stone greatsword from the stone knights in darkroot garden. it hits for a lot of physical and magic damage, draws mostly from strength and dexterity, and sadly weighs a ton.

LoG-Sacrament
Yeah I might go give the Stray another go. He wrecked me last time I was there, but idk maybe things will go better now. After that, I am either going to go try the Catacombs with my new Divine Claymore, or maybe give a run at Darkroot Garden, over to where Sif is before I take another crack at Sen's. I think of a few hours of exploring and dying should give me an idea of where to go next.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

[QUOTE="blueboxdoctor"]

Essian

If you mean the hydra? Yeah, killed the one in Darkroot Basin already. Went to Darkroot Garden and got reamed, but idk, maybe it's worth going there again just to explore

yeah, that's the one (hydra), I've yet to kill it as it seems to always kill me before I can get to it.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]

Sphire
Oh, can we go back to the asylum anytime? I thought something was supposed to happen story-wise. Pray tell what needs be done to go back there? Though I personally want to find a sunlight maggot before going back. And you guys are going fast, I'm probably about just under 30 hrs playin, and just got done with sens fortress and onto anor londo. A word of advice, if you want to use the souls you gain from beating the arena boss on items, don't examine the yellow marker he leaves behind yet. Only touch it when you want to go to anor londo. I screwed that up and had to invest in levels instead.

theres an elevator that goes between firelink shrine and the undead parish. as you start going up, theres an upper level of the shrine that you can run onto mid-lift. once there, run to the grassy area and roll off onto a buttress. from there, just climb up the stairs to the raven's nest and pretend to be an egg.
Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sphire

theres an elevator that goes between firelink shrine and the undead parish. as you start going up, theres an upper level of the shrine that you can run onto mid-lift. once there, run to the grassy area and roll off onto a buttress. from there, just climb up the stairs to the raven's nest and pretend to be an egg. LoG-Sacrament

Yup know that lift, I swear I've been paying attention and seen nothing while using it. Thx for the info, gotta keep that in mind once I get to firelink again.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Essian
[QUOTE="LoG-Sacrament"]

Sphire

Yeah, I've heard that I'm kinda blitzin through this mess, which is why I think I am going to slow down and start exploring the world itself more, rather than just trying to proceed. I ended up beating Demon's Souls my first time in just under 25 hours... don't want that to happen here if it can be avoided
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

u see the bon fire on top of the blacksmith by the church? well go through the bridge on the floor the bon fire is, ull be in sens fortress and u go from there.........by the way u said u killed the qaulaggs demon, or w.e its called lol, so did u ring the 2nd church bell? cuz once u do that, it triggers a cut-scene and the door where i mentioned above ^^^ open and it shows u where it is.,

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Definitely go to Darkroot Garden. The enemies are really fairly easy to fight and avoid the attacks, just so long as you don't let them swarm you. The boss at the end is a cakewalk as well.

Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sphire

Yeah, I've heard that I'm kinda blitzin through this mess, which is why I think I am going to slow down and start exploring the world itself more, rather than just trying to proceed. I ended up beating Demon's Souls my first time in just under 25 hours... don't want that to happen here if it can be avoidedEssian

Heh, I finished Demon's Souls in 60 hours I think. Right now there've been plenty of times where I say go back to the firelink from somewhere (say Quelaggs Domain), then I go right back to check something out. Guides and wikis that are up aren't 100% confirmed, so always gotta check (for instance I'm praying Quelana will show up for me sometime). It doesn't help me doing a video playthrough though...and jumbled up stuff gotta be somehow editted to flow.

Leaky_Taps_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Leaky_Taps_Man
Member since 2010 • 319 Posts

Dark Souls-Was an MEPHMEPHMPEHY game, but it looked pretty challenging, after watching DSP sit there and ragequit I was all liek, WOOOOOOOAH. And then I would like a shot at this game, any suggestions?BhadCookie

Learn English.

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
Sen's Fortress is where the game directs you to. It's the trap-filled castle you get to from the blacksmith at Undead Parish, above the path to Darkroot Basin.
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Essian
Sen's Fortress is where the game directs you to. It's the trap-filled castle you get to from the blacksmith at Undead Parish, above the path to Darkroot Basin.BenderUnit22
I know that's where it directs me, but that doesn't mean I'm ready to go there, or I wouldn't have an easier time elsewhere. For instance, after ringing the first bell, the game doesn't necessarily drive you to Blight Town...
FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts

Did you go to down the ruins below firelink shrine? Where the elevator takes you all the way down to a lake? I somehow missed this for the longest time due to the stairs being hard to see. lol. I'm in your position as well, or at least close, finished Sen's fortress but I'm exploring some of the areas I've yet to get far on.

Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sphire

Did you go to down the ruins below firelink shrine? Where the elevator takes you all the way down to a lake? I somehow missed this for the longest time due to the stairs being hard to see. lol. I'm in your position as well, or at least close, finished Sen's fortress but I'm exploring some of the areas I've yet to get far on.

FallofAthens
Yea, took me ages to realise that there is a path under the bonfire. BUt that ruin is semi-annoying with ghost. I haven't decided how I'm gonna deal with them yet.
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Essian

FallofAthens
Yeah, that's New Londo, and it is much harder than Sen's Fortress... best done when you literally have nowhere else to go from what I understand
metalicelvis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 metalicelvis
Member since 2008 • 716 Posts

I'm in the exact same place as you right now, I've found myself a few times not knowing where to go next. Even the Official Guide that I'm reading doesn't shed too much light. It says the next place after defeating Quelaag, in Quelaag's domain that you go to from Blight Town, you should head to The Great Hollow but I'm not 100% sure how to get there. I think the entrance may also be in Blight Town.

I did try New Londo Ruins a few times and it gets really annoying when they just pile in on you through the walls so i'm leaving that for a bit until I can 1 or 2 hit the ghosts.

XxRefereexX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 XxRefereexX
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

A tip for you is to push on from Blighttown into the great hollow and to Ash lake and find the Stone dragon, cut off his tail and get a killer sword.

Other than that, you killed Quelagg? Go to Sens fortress next