Damn, i shouldve listened to gamespot (passing on pixeljunk eden)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts

the demo was fun, really chill and just overall a great game for $10. I get the full game today (my first ever PSN purchase),, and all the fun and chilled tone is gone as the time limits really dampen the game experience. I realize that it would be crap if it was "TOO" easy, but come on. I was lookin forward to this being a great post blaze experience with friends,, but definitely not now.

Hopefully Bionic Commando is better (likely will be)

Elitheos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Elitheos
Member since 2003 • 111 Posts
I actually did pass on it. I was excited for it but the demo kind of wasn't what I was expecting. And a harder difficulty than the demo would defintely not have made things better in my opinion. Right now I have high hopes for The Last Guy and Fat Princess.
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
i didn't like the demo therefore i passed on buying the game. i'm sure one of the main reasons why people are buying it is because it supports trophies.
rovi209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 rovi209
Member since 2007 • 214 Posts
I actually liked the demo but I'm still not getting it. I hate the timer, it really kills the game. the demo is enough for me
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
I'm enjoying Eden. Very addicting.
True-Legend86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 True-Legend86
Member since 2007 • 1268 Posts
I didnt waste my time with it either...played the demo. Just wasn't feeling it, as if somethin' I really wanted to complete.
TheNumber_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheNumber_12
Member since 2007 • 495 Posts
I wish I hadn't bought it, the timer just kills the game, I think the threat of falling back to the bottom of the screen should have been punishment enough for messing up.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
I love this game, personally... of course, I grew up playing masochistically difficult games like Ghosts N Goblins and the NES TMNT game so I'm kinda used to higher difficulty levels... still can't beat Ninja Gaiden Sigma, though, lol.
signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts

haha seems like a lot of people agreed.. I really hope they add a patch gives game an easier difficulty/far longer extended clock/abolish clock entirely. I bought this game for a fun experience, not a "real gaming experience".

I loved the demo, thats what sucks

Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts

i didn't like the demo therefore i passed on buying the game. i'm sure one of the main reasons why people are buying it is because it supports trophies.Sk8ter_213

Me likey trophies :P.

Avatar image for meluvulongtime8
meluvulongtime8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11 meluvulongtime8
Member since 2007 • 1428 Posts

I'm enjoying Eden. Very addicting.emitsu97

It's fun, but definitely punishing. It would have been nice if they added a lower difficulty level so that ppl wouldn't be turned off by the timer. Oh and for whatever reason the 100,000 pollon in one garden trophy isn't working :(

adumar94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 adumar94
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts
I didn't have that much of a problem with PJ Eden. Plus, I think that gamespot reviews have been pretty much garbage for a few years.
njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts

[QUOTE="emitsu97"]I'm enjoying Eden. Very addicting.meluvulongtime8

It's fun, but definitely punishing. It would have been nice if they added a lower difficulty level so that ppl wouldn't be turned off by the timer. Oh and for whatever reason the 100,000 pollon in one garden trophy isn't working :(

ok good im not the only one who has this problem but i actually like the game its fun and the timer doesnt bother me so i got it and i like it

ashunpnoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ashunpnoy
Member since 2003 • 371 Posts

I actually enjoy it. The timer doesn't bother me as much. What i dislike is falling all the way to the bottom after working up to the top.

Q-Games is adding a patch that adds a difficulty setting for both pixeljunk eden and pixeljunk monsters. So maybe there is a way to tweak the timer.

[QUOTE="emitsu97"]I'm enjoying Eden. Very addicting.meluvulongtime8

I think you mistaking the score at the bottom right as the pollen count.

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts

I actually enjoy it. The timer doesn't bother me as much. What i dislike is falling all the way to the bottom after working up to the top.

Q-Games is adding a patch that adds a difficulty setting for both pixeljunk eden and pixeljunk monsters. So maybe there is a way to tweak the timer.

[QUOTE="meluvulongtime8"]

[QUOTE="emitsu97"]I'm enjoying Eden. Very addicting.ashunpnoy

so what is the pollen count?

ashunpnoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ashunpnoy
Member since 2003 • 371 Posts
[QUOTE="ashunpnoy"]

[QUOTE="emitsu97"]I'm enjoying Eden. Very addicting.njean777

When you complete the stage, it gives you your pollen count when it shows your time completed, seeds opened, etc.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

Although not my favorite PSN game, its still good.

Sure the clock adds a lot of difficulty but its what makes the game a little more enjoyable for me.

I feel like I got a good value for $10.

Avatar image for meluvulongtime8
meluvulongtime8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#18 meluvulongtime8
Member since 2007 • 1428 Posts
[QUOTE="njean777"][QUOTE="ashunpnoy"]

[QUOTE="emitsu97"]I'm enjoying Eden. Very addicting.ashunpnoy

When you complete the stage, it gives you your pollen count when it shows your time completed, seeds opened, etc.

omg that's so dumb that the pollen count is different than the score. I'm surprised I didn't notice that earlier, but I just figured you got a ton of pollen when you kill the prowlers.

Azul_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Azul_Cobra
Member since 2008 • 253 Posts
FAT PRINCESS FTW!!! Sorry, felt like it needed to be shouted :P.
coold_steam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#20 coold_steam
Member since 2007 • 670 Posts
i dont like this game i just bought it for trophies thats all
other44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 other44
Member since 2007 • 1494 Posts

stop trying to play it like you WANT to play it; and play it how it NEEDS to be played..

because of the timer, you have to play it as more of a strategy game..

karnis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 karnis
Member since 2004 • 1825 Posts
i'm not listening to gamespot since i love that kind of game
Mujambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mujambo
Member since 2007 • 1039 Posts
Probably not for everyone, but I enjoyed the demo and have enjoyed the full version. The music is awesome for the game and the gameplay with addicting. I agree the time limit is a bit harsh, but it would suck if it was too easy. I like games that are challenging
leehinds91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 leehinds91
Member since 2003 • 120 Posts

you should try calling all cars

that is a much better game for 10 dollars

very enjoyable with friends

Silverdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Silverdragon17
Member since 2005 • 664 Posts
I actually like the game (only super stardust more) and have collected 28 or so spectra. It does get hard though. Garden 7 has me scratching my head.
waferlawrence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 waferlawrence
Member since 2008 • 138 Posts

I absolutley hate the timer. I like the game, but the timer made me break my first PS3 controller. It goes too freaking quick. And the game is too mundane to expect that level of difficulty to work.

Also, the game knows half it sells minimum were people simply wanting trophies. Who's gonna work that hrd for 19 bronze trophies, and one measly silver.

Kiljoy66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kiljoy66
Member since 2008 • 481 Posts
I would, but mostly because the game is damn fun, I need to get around to the pollen trophy some time.
GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts

the demo was fun, really chill and just overall a great game for $10. I get the full game today (my first ever PSN purchase),, and all the fun and chilled tone is gone as the time limits really dampen the game experience. I realize that it would be crap if it was "TOO" easy, but come on. I was lookin forward to this being a great post blaze experience with friends,, but definitely not now.

Hopefully Bionic Commando is better (likely will be)

signore

I agree 100% with you. I thought that PJE would be a fun relaxing game to play but the timer killed the whole experience. If the time limit was longer then it would make the game a whole lot better. From the demo I figured that the time limit would be even more of a pain in the arse on the full game.

Silverdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Silverdragon17
Member since 2005 • 664 Posts

It's not as bad when you learn how to manage the time. If you get a combo of 5 or better (estimating), then give you a ring of those little time collectibles. I think the time in the later levels are fustrutating though. (6 or 7 and later). I think some of the enemies like that one they splits apart are more annoying.