Cutscenes in Portables

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalfan789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 finalfan789
Member since 2006 • 6514 Posts
What are your thoughts about cutscenes in portables?? I ask this because while i was playing MGSPO i thought to myself...this feels like a console game...What i mean is that i never play MGSPO outside of my house because usually i play my PSP really quick and i dont have the time to watch a cutscene. I know MGS isnt the same without cutscenes...but in a portable i want to have a quick level and move on to the next level. Having to pay all attention to a cutscene in order to understand the story can be a pain in an area with lots of people. I only play MGSPO at home in my room by myself so that i suck everything in. Get what i mean?? I know that gameplay should be number one, but in console games i like to have a great story. Portables on the other hand, i could care less about story because what i really wann do is play. On a console you can sit down and lose yourself in the game as you play for hours. But a portable, i usually only wanna really play for a good 15-20 minutes. Before this gets any longer i think i have made my point. Any thoughts??
Abgoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Abgoj
Member since 2005 • 12168 Posts
Well, i think it's nice to see cutscenes on portables, but i don't think they should be that long, maybe around  1 min max.
finalfan789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 finalfan789
yea but the other day i sat there playing MGSPO and i was sucked into like a 8 minute cutscene :P
Abgoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Abgoj
Member since 2005 • 12168 Posts

yea but the other day i sat there playing MGSPO and i was sucked into like a 8 minute cutscene :Pfinalfan789

lol yeah, i think that's a bit much for a handheld, but you know if you're travelling around and you don't have time to be watching long cutscenes, there is a hold button on da psp pauses the console and sends it into sleep mode. 

finalfan789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 finalfan789
Still i dont want to stop in the middle of a cutscene...i just think cutscenes overcomplicate handhelds...then again psp isnt a simple handheld :lol:
HenrySX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HenrySX
Member since 2005 • 210 Posts

yeah. i kinda having the same issue too. these cutscenes are too good to miss. so when i play outside or on the train, i just play old levels, recruit soldiers and stuff ^^

finalfan789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 finalfan789

yeah. i kinda having the same issue too. these cutscenes are too good to miss. so when i play outside or on the train, i just play old levels, recruit soldiers and stuff ^^

HenrySX

Thats a very good idea :) That could be a solution...but im so lazy i rarely recruit ppl anyways :P 

Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5354 Posts
Yeah, but the cutscenes are scaled down, and to me it takes away from the game, but I agree with you totally. That is one of the first portable titles that felt like a console game.
KKx2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 KKx2000
Member since 2005 • 553 Posts
If you only want to play for short burts and you don't want cut scenes on a portable; Don't buy Metal Gear Solid.
damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts
I like the cutscenes cuz in like Killzone and Gitaroo Man they were short enough to quickly get back into the game but long enough to keep my attention
narutolol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 narutolol
Member since 2004 • 505 Posts
they should all have a "replay theatre" after you have unlocked the particular cutscene...
finalfan789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 finalfan789

If you only want to play for short burts and you don't want cut scenes on a portable; Don't buy Metal Gear Solid. KKx2000

no cuz its frikin metal gear :P I have to buy it duh :lol: Its not like they had to have cutscenes like that, plus im not gonna entirely disregard a game just because of cutscenes...i'll just play it when i can deal with cutescenes thats all :)Â