Custom themes and fonts for the XMB?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for DangerHiVoltage
DangerHiVoltage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DangerHiVoltage
Member since 2009 • 1157 Posts

I was messing around with the theme settings and noticed an "install" option. does this mean i can download themes from the internet and transfer them via usb?

and what about fonts? id like my comments to grab my friends attentions. ive used mandarin text to do that to spell words that look english but its very limited. either way itd be nice to have more font options just for the system itself

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

you can actually download new themes right from your ps3, just go in the internet browser and go to google and look up, ps3 themes, it should be the first link there, which is a site that you can download themes

DangerHiVoltage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DangerHiVoltage
thats wicked. what about fonts do you know?
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
thats wicked. what about fonts do you know?DangerHiVoltage
Fonts are limited to the ones that are available in the theme section, Original Rounded and Pop. I wish the theme creation was more open, as in being able to upload custom fonts, change the colour and import our own custom audio for trophy pop-ups and such. Mine would be Homer going 'Woohoo' or something.
JMattM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JMattM
Member since 2004 • 148 Posts

The font thing irks me too. Some of the dynamic themese just don't go with the fonts provided, making the text difficult to see.

fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fusionhunter
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

PS3-Themes.com

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
What's better is that you can use PS3ThemeCreator and make your own. Y'know. If you are into that sorta thing.
Amir29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 Amir29
Member since 2007 • 822 Posts

PS3-Themes.com

fusionhunter

^^ This ^^

It's my favorite site for downloading custom themes. Visit the web page from your PS3 and you can download themes directly to your PS3 :)

DangerHiVoltage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DangerHiVoltage
surprises me sony hasnt thought of doing any of this stuff for us, in regards to the font and customizing audio sounds for the system.
PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts

[QUOTE="fusionhunter"]

PS3-Themes.com

Amir29

^^ This ^^

It's my favorite site for downloading custom themes. Visit the web page from your PS3 and you can download themes directly to your PS3 :)

I second this!! I visit that more than the freaking PSN store when it comes to themes! I probably have download over 50+ themes from there! Matter of fact, I'm rocking a nice UC3 theme someone did from there on PS3 right now. :D

Still I'm w/ others when I say sure as hell wish we had more font and color scheme options. But the one that really always drove me crazy was not having that wavy visual, when you're playing your music, ever changes to reflect the color of the base theme that you use. Like say, your theme's color is yellow, when you play music and use the wavy background it always stays purple! Why they never gave us the option to change that is beyond me.... :(

I'd surely would love to have mines w/ a burgundy wavy backdrop to match the burgundy red on my PS3's profile card (you know the ones that pop up when highlight someone in your Friend's List). OMG, that would be so smexy.

fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fusionhunter

[QUOTE="Amir29"]

[QUOTE="fusionhunter"]

PS3-Themes.com

PumpkinBoogie

^^ This ^^

I second this!! I visit that more than the freaking PSN store when it comes to themes! I probably have download over 50+ themes from there! Matter of fact, I'm rocking a nice UC3 theme someone did from there on PS3 right now. :D

Still I'm w/ others when I say sure as hell wish we had more font and color scheme options. But the one that really always drove me crazy was not having that wavy visual, when you're playing your music, ever changes to reflect the color of the base theme that you use. Like say, your theme's color is yellow, when you play music and use the wavy background it always stays purple! Why they never gave us the option to change that is beyond me.... :(

I'd surely would love to have mines w/ a burgundy wavy backdrop to match the burgundy red on my PS3's profile card (you know the ones that pop up when highlight someone in your Friend's List). OMG, that would be so smexy.

I actually got to a stage where I got a message saying The maximum amount of themes have been installed (something along those lines).

WhiteStormy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WhiteStormy
Member since 2007 • 243 Posts

I actually like making my own themes. It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fusionhunter

I actually like making my own themes. It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it.

WhiteStormy

Yea, they should try make some more user friendly theme creators for people starting off too.