Crysis of killzone 2 which one do you think....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jaredrichards3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 jaredrichards3
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts

will be the better game? which one will have better graphics? will killzone 2 out do crysis visually?

i would like to know your thoughts, as i am still trying to work out if it's worth upgrading my graphics card on my pc for crysis.

Arsenal325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Arsenal325
Member since 2005 • 4899 Posts
well we have only seen killzone in alpha right? and that was on a very dark level at like night time.. so we will see in the coming months what else it has to show
Jared2720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jared2720
Member since 2007 • 2200 Posts
I think Killzone's visuals are absolutely staggering. I'm looking forward to it as much as anybody, but I still know that absolutely nothing surpasses Crysis in the visuals department. And probably won't for several years. Gameplay is a different story, though. Killzone may end up being more fun to play. I don't know. But I watched the video review for Crysis and it looks like a lot of fun. *shrug* When in doubt, buy both... if you can afford it.
KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts
Crysis does indeed look amazing, but my comp could never run it properly. The upgrade cost wouldn't justify for just this game alone. So, I'm saying KZ2 because Crysis demands the best hardware for it to shine. With KZ2, you know you'll be getting an awesome game graphically w/o the insane PC specs. If you have the high-endPC, then Crysis would probably win against KZ2, lol.
acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 acidBURN1942
Member since 2002 • 4816 Posts
Crysis is amazing other than the fact that teh story blows and its too short. Everything else is better than what any FPS does.
Avatar image for Soul_to_Squeeze
Soul_to_Squeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Soul_to_Squeeze
Member since 2007 • 560 Posts
yeah so far KZ2 looks amazing, but honestly crysis is visually the best looking game ive ever seen, period. but id have to say KZ2 comes in second
thageneral3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thageneral3
Member since 2007 • 1929 Posts
Supposedly form what people have seen of KZ2 fiirst hand, it beats any visuals, from anything(including top end PCs) ever
levent18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 levent18
Member since 2004 • 89 Posts

crysis may look good but the prob is that 60%-70% of ppl who wikkbuy itcant play it at full graphics so whats the point? i cant give away 700-800$ to just but a damn graphic card and it wont be even anough

wmattm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 wmattm
Member since 2003 • 483 Posts
Im gonna say Crysis, it will be at least another year before we see a game that is as amazing looking as Crysis. Killzone 2 looks wondreful but I would be willing to bet that Crysis will still be better.
drbob33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#11 drbob33
Member since 2003 • 251 Posts

Crysis = proven amazing game. Positive reviews all over and unbelievable visuals. Great MP and thrilling SP, Crytek is a top notch dev.

Killzone= unbelievable visuals, but unproven series. Killzone 1 was umm... mediocre? Lame? The visuals looks stunning for sure, but it has yet to be seen how good the gameplay is. It's also several months away, so we know very little about how it truly handles other than the phenomenal tech demo that the dev team did at E3 2007.

When you have a game that is "kicking systems in the balls" with a high end Core 2 Duo chip, 4 GB+ of RAM, and 2 8600's SLI'd together, we are talking some insanely high quality visuals that are currently unrivaled.

Get both if you can, but I don't think you will be disappointed with upgrading your PC to play Crysis.

PS360Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#12 PS360Fanboy
Member since 2007 • 2096 Posts
Crysis look AMAZING but Killzone 2 look's AMAZING!! i cant choose...
jaredrichards3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 jaredrichards3
Member since 2007 • 452 Posts
ill be dammed if im gonna spend another 1000 bucks on the latest gpu just to play this game, and why should i when my 7950 gx2 runs everything else like glass. killzone 2 looks like it's got heaps of eye candy too like crysis , but i guess it's about the game play huh so we will have to wait and see. COD4 has really risen the bar now with it's fps, i'm actually worried now that killzone won't be as good. but gameplay is where it's at look at halo 3 there is nothing special about that graphically and people love playing that, (even though i suspect a bit of brain washing via mass marketing lol)
acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 acidBURN1942
Crysis even loks aamzing on Medium.
Master__Shake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Master__Shake
Member since 2002 • 6214 Posts

will be the better game? which one will have better graphics? will killzone 2 out do crysis visually?

i would like to know your thoughts, as i am still trying to work out if it's worth upgrading my graphics card on my pc for crysis.

jaredrichards3

killzone is completely meh when compared with crysis. Crytek is a proven developer in terms of quality engine and game, while guerilla is not..they made the mediocre killzone 1 after all.

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts

as some other people have said... Crysis is an amazing looking game with a cool concept (the nano suit) from a proven dev team.

Killzone is from a developer that really hasn't shown that they can make great games (from what i have heard, KZ:L was good, but Shellshock:Nam '67 was bad. and personally playing KZ1, i can say that it was average at best). their 2007 E3 trailer showed that KZ2's graphics are awesome... but that their gameplay concept is just to be another FPS.

to those who have said that KZ2's gameplay looks awesome... i just want to know what specifically about the gameplay looks amazing. because to me... what they have shown until now is pretty standard to FPS games.

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
CRYSIS is stunning. I know this from experience running the game at very high at 1680x1050
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Miguel16

ill be dammed if im gonna spend another 1000 bucks on the latest gpu just to play this game, and why should i when my 7950 gx2 runs everything else like glass. killzone 2 looks like it's got heaps of eye candy too like crysis , but i guess it's about the game play huh so we will have to wait and see. COD4 has really risen the bar now with it's fps, i'm actually worried now that killzone won't be as good. but gameplay is where it's at look at halo 3 there is nothing special about that graphically and people love playing that, (even though i suspect a bit of brain washing via mass marketing lol) jaredrichards3

1000 bucks on a gpu? come on now. My 230 dollar GT runns that game beautifully

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Crysis even loks aamzing on Medium.acidBURN1942

That's not true mate, I can run Crysis with smooth frames on medium and unfortunately it doesn't look anything amazing.

Crysis truly shines on High settings and Windows Vista machine on Direct X 10 that my neighbour has.

On the topic:

Killzone 2 definitely looks great, however Crysis (when run in it full beauty) is a kings of graphical performance and I doubt that will change for another two years.

JAMES_L_BROOKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JAMES_L_BROOKS
Member since 2005 • 1463 Posts
as for now i think Crysis is a real king... but KZ2 we've only seen a small pre-alpha of a level during a storm, and killzone is oging ot be an extremely advanced game (better AI that crysis i can say that now.. lol) the weather in KZ2 effects gameplay and how the enemies will fight, btoh games are very advanced, they both use 3D smoke, clouds, elements, like in KZ2 the lightning is 3d and not just 2d backgtround, like in most games, ex. COD4 uses mainly 2d smoke, elements, etc. neways... i think both games are amazing, so id say go with both... haha if u can upgrade ur PC go for it, but unless you can play it on very high i can say its not really worth it, personally there is a huge gap between high and very high, in high the gorund textures/rocks are @D, in the very high they become 3D, so yea...
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts

Comparison video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OocpUJ_lws

If that KILLZONE 2 footage was indeed in alpha stage then I'd say Killzone 2 might end up looking better!

Remember fellow members, 2 GIGS per stage, all dedicated for awesome textures, details, environements etc...

read this too: http://www.pspsps.tv/2007/10/official_playstation_magazine_1.html

thageneral3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thageneral3

Comparison video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OocpUJ_lws

If that KILLZONE 2 footage was indeed in alpha stage then I'd say Killzone 2 might end up looking better!

Remember fellow members, 2 GIGS per stage, all dedicated for awesome textures, details, environements etc...

read this too: http://www.pspsps.tv/2007/10/official_playstation_magazine_1.html

AgentH

I agree, it's funny how people are saying Crysis is better, when they havnt even seen KZ2 yet!!? People who have seen KZ2 first hand say it is better visually than anything even a pc has put out. So if it lives up to the hype we are in for something. Granted it's all hype for now, so they can't really be compared, i find this a strange topic

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
my PC would reguire an extra 700 bucks worth of stuff to run Crisis on high. Killzone imo will be better, because crysis just seems really generic to me.
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Miguel16

killzone 2 is pretty but not even close to crysis. Im sorry but it just isnt. SEe for urselves, does it compare to this?

not even close man. THis game is the graphical benchmark for games and will continue to be for quite some time.No console will ever provide the same visual feast as that of a C2/8800 based system

thageneral3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thageneral3

^^^ Yeah this is coming from someone who has seen killzone 2 in the final stages, with his own eyes right

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Miguel16

Whatever man be naive. I dont care, im going by what i HAVE seen and even crysis crushed killzone 2 in its early stages of development. I just cant see how anyone would think killzone 2 is looking better, when you see all the stuff going on in crysis. THe postprocessing effects, dynamic lighting and the textures. Like i said, killzone 2 is beautiful, just not crysis beautiful.

I mean these guys are pushing pretty much CG visuals INGAME

henry4th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 henry4th
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts

I think Killzone's visuals are absolutely staggering. I'm looking forward to it as much as anybody, but I still know that absolutely nothing surpasses Crysis in the visuals department. And probably won't for several years. Gameplay is a different story, though. Killzone may end up being more fun to play. I don't know. But I watched the video review for Crysis and it looks like a lot of fun. *shrug* When in doubt, buy both... if you can afford it. Jared2720

You arebsolutely right. I think nobody will surpasses Crysis on visual alone for a while. BUT, the problem is, for all practical purposes, average gamers on average computers will see Killzone 2 having better graphics, simply because most poeple's computer can't handle crisis in High or very High. On a med graphical level, Crisis looks just like most of the other advaned games in term of graphics.

Avatar image for JetB1ackNewYear
JetB1ackNewYear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 JetB1ackNewYear
Member since 2007 • 2931 Posts
crysis is amamzing
thageneral3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 thageneral3

Whatever man be naive. I dont care, im going by what i HAVE seen and even crysis crushed killzone 2 in its early stages of development. I just cant see how anyone would think killzone 2 is looking better, when you see all the stuff going on in crysis. THe postprocessing effects, dynamic lighting and the textures. Like i said, killzone 2 is beautiful, just not crysis beautiful.

Miguel16

I'm not being naive, I havnt seen either with my own eyes. People WHO HAVE say Kz2 say is superior.

My argument is: this argument is stupid because no one here has seen both, mainly because Kz2 isnt finished

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Miguel16
[QUOTE="Miguel16"]

thageneral3

I'm not being naive, I havnt seen either with my own eyes. People WHO HAVE say Kz2 say is superior.

My argument is: this argument is stupid because no one here has seen both, mainly because Kz2 isnt finished

where are you seeing this. ive yet to see anyone say that killzone 2 tops crysis visually.

The_Tron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 The_Tron
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts
honestly, I don't know why people think graphics are so important to a game that they will not buy a game based on it's graphics(Legend Of Zelda:Wind Waker) and not on, I dunno something like GAMEPLAY, or STORY. don't get me wrong it's nice to have someing decent to look at while playing the game. But that's litterally all it is, something to look at. go watch a movie if you wanna see GOOD GRAPHICS, or better yet go outside. the whole impartance of graphics is blown way outta proporations to the point where developers just make a game as long as it looks good, but don't put any effort past that.
thageneral3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thageneral3
[QUOTE="thageneral3"][QUOTE="Miguel16"]

Miguel16

where are you seeing this. ive yet to see anyone say that killzone 2 tops crysis visually.

here is a taste from some people who have seen it

http://games.kikizo.com/features/killzone2_iv_sep07_p1.asp

crysis just came out, so there havnt been any comparisons, but Kz2 isn't out yet. i cant say that enough times, which is why this argument is stupid,

acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 acidBURN1942

[QUOTE="acidBURN1942"]Crysis even loks aamzing on Medium.Sokol4ever

That's not true mate, I can run Crysis with smooth frames on medium and unfortunately it doesn't look anything amazing.

Crysis truly shines on High settings and Windows Vista machine on Direct X 10 that my neighbour has.

On the topic:

Killzone 2 definitely looks great, however Crysis (when run in it full beauty) is a kings of graphical performance and I doubt that will change for another two years.

umm here is low to very high settings (not a very scenic or demanding screenshot but its stilla good camparision)

Crysis Low

Crysis Very High

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

There is no need to show me shots mate, when i sit in front of my monitor things are not the same as you think they are on those screen shots.

When my eyes are close to wide-screen they see textures very well in different perspective, be it water quality, enemy or environment. Save those images for inexperienced folks ^_^

I'm really not going to go into debate over such meaningless things.

ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts
i got to be honest crysis has far better graphics and its fun but ill have to wait till killzone 2 comes out to aneser this question.
acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 acidBURN1942

There is no need to show me shots mate, when i sit in front of my monitor things are not the same as you think they are on those screen shots.

When my eyes are close to wide-screen they see textures very well in different perspective, be it water quality, enemy or environment. Save those images for inexperienced folks ^_^

Sokol4ever
All im saying is that Crysis looks amazing on Low quality and Medium. Ill throw a HL2 low quality screenshot in there and it will look worse than HL1. but Crysis on Low looks great, almost just as great as very high (with a big difference in lighting and shaders but thats nearly it)
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Miguel16
[QUOTE="Sokol4ever"]

acidBURN1942

All im saying is that Crysis looks amazing on Low quality and Medium. Ill throw a HL2 low quality screenshot in there and it will look worse than HL1. but Crysis on Low looks great, almost just as great as very high (with a big difference in lighting and shaders but thats nearly it)

crysis on low is pretty much far cry

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts
If Killzone 2 even gets in the same sentence as a 8 grand PC version of Crisis "ok so maybe not 8 grand but 5?" Its a good thing!

Just the fact that people mention the two together is cool. But we know the PS3 has a tun not used yet also. Will see? I just cant wait for r the game that shows it. And Killzone may or may not be it. Abnd like others and I have said, as good as Co4D was, that may have been the PS3 at about 50%

Either way some game is gonna blast from the thing eventually. Or maybe it will just be a slow momentum of better and better and better. Like what the guy at Insomniac said about doubling what they did with Ratchet latter. So in basic he was saying that they have not touched what it can do, and they know it. Naught Dog team said they used about 30% of it. So its got some guts left for sure.
drbob33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#40 drbob33
Member since 2003 • 251 Posts

Okay, I have to say that you can tell an enormous difference between quality levels between low-medium-high-very high on Crysis. It was designed that way. You can't say that running DX10 on a monster system with 2 8800's is the same as running the game on low or medium.

Also, people that look at Killzone 2 are not saying that it looks to be lacking graphically at all. It looks ridiculously good, especially for just a tech demo. What are lacking are gameplay impressions. We do not know how KZ2 handles as gameplay, and that is really the #1 thing that makes a good game.

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts

Okay, I have to say that you can tell an enormous difference between quality levels between low-medium-high-very high on Crysis. It was designed that way. You can't say that running DX10 on a monster system with 2 8800's is the same as running the game on low or medium.

Also, people that look at Killzone 2 are not saying that it looks to be lacking graphically at all. It looks ridiculously good, especially for just a tech demo. What are lacking are gameplay impressions. We do not know how KZ2 handles as gameplay, and that is really the #1 thing that makes a good game.

drbob33

LOL you got a Xbox tag with a Apple Avi. "If thats a X tag, It looks a tad different." Thats kinda like a Jewish having a Swastika tattoo lol

u_poop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 u_poop
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts
i am thinking more along the lines of haze vs crysis becuase these two look exactly alike, but i think that kill zone 2 will be better and more well know cuz its on ps3
shroom76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 shroom76
Member since 2007 • 1764 Posts

killzone 2 will have better graphics because it is released later and runs on the hd enabled ps3

crysis will be the better game because it is for the superior pc

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts

i am thinking more along the lines of haze vs crysis becuase these two look exactly alike, but i think that kill zone 2 will be better and more well know cuz its on ps3u_poop

yes indeed. People are still underestimating the POWER of the PS3! I guess we'll have to wait and see what the final product of Killzone 2 will look like! But like I said before, if what Guerrila showed at E3 was ALPHA or early build then hell expect the game to beat CRYSIS easily!

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
Well we havent seen much of Killzone 2, but only time will tell...
perfection1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 perfection1000
Member since 2006 • 1205 Posts
ill be dammed if im gonna spend another 1000 bucks on the latest gpu just to play this game, and why should i when my 7950 gx2 runs everything else like glass. killzone 2 looks like it's got heaps of eye candy too like crysis , but i guess it's about the game play huh so we will have to wait and see. COD4 has really risen the bar now with it's fps, i'm actually worried now that killzone won't be as good. but gameplay is where it's at look at halo 3 there is nothing special about that graphically and people love playing that, (even though i suspect a bit of brain washing via mass marketing lol)jaredrichards3
Yup you said it, Bro.