Critique My KillZone 2 Theme!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RED_NAVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RED_NAVE
Member since 2004 • 238 Posts

After many discouraging weeks I finally finished my KillZone 2 theme with sound integration. I usually get advice from friends on my PSN before I release it to the world, but since this theme was over 17mb it made it a pain to distribute. I polished it up as best I could and posted it just now. So now I ask you, the fellow KillZone fans for that advice. I have no idea what, if anything, needs improving. What do you hate?, What do you love?, What do you want?Please post your feedback here or at PSU.com. My theme can be found here: http://www.psu.com/KillZone-2-wSound-By-REDNAVE--theme-779.php

I have to leave for work soon, so please forgive me if I don't reply soon. Thanks guys!

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
I like it.
Avatar image for BurningChimaera
BurningChimaera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 BurningChimaera
Member since 2007 • 1255 Posts
I didn't try it, but looks pretty nice from the thumbnails. I currently have a nice theme, and both my PS3 and PSP have similar themes and backgrounds. But I'll try it later for sure.
elmo442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 elmo442
Member since 2007 • 401 Posts

hmm well i like it but its just not my thing having games as the wallpaper.

i like just having a dark background so i can see the wrting clearly

ill just stay with the original but set on blue and the darkest setting

but great theme and sounds 8/10

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
The background doesn't do it for me but I like your icons. 7/10
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
not bad, theres an official Killzone 2 Theme on www.ps3-themes.com
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts

After many discouraging weeks I finally finished my KillZone 2 theme with sound integration. I usually get advice from friends on my PSN before I release it to the world, but since this theme was over 17mb it made it a pain to distribute. I polished it up as best I could and posted it just now. So now I ask you, the fellow KillZone fans for that advice. I have no idea what, if anything, needs improving. What do you hate?, What do you love?, What do you want?Please post your feedback here or at PSU.com. My theme can be found here: http://www.psu.com/KillZone-2-wSound-By-REDNAVE--theme-779.php

I have to leave for work soon, so please forgive me if I don't reply soon. Thanks guys!

RED_NAVE
Your theme rocks Nave ive already made a few Posts here and there about it
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
i give it a 10/10 but back it down to 9/10 just only one thing the online browser is cool the lil knife and Glove thing but its hard to see the mouse curser esp. on dark backgrounded websites other than that its awsome i just love the fact that there are so many pics this is what all themes should have about 10 or more pics altho naves got 16
RED_NAVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RED_NAVE
Thanks for the advice guys, i was a little worried about using the knife as the mouse, but its as big as it would let me make it. In response to elmo, just turn the brightness down on all your backgrounds and you can see the white writing on any wallpaper, even white! I was going to make the cursor make a sound too, but you have no idea how annoying it is to hear a bullet everytime you hit a button. Thanks for the 10 Ty, but unfortunately some A-hole gave it a bad rating, dragging the average down drastically. So please vote and let me know what you guys think.
Avatar image for lions_rock_2008
lions_rock_2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lions_rock_2008
Member since 2005 • 1121 Posts
it is the best one i have seen yet, the sounds r amazing, that gunshot scarred the s*** out of me lol
elmo442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 elmo442

Thanks for the advice guys, i was a little worried about using the knife as the mouse, but its as big as it would let me make it. In response to elmo, just turn the brightness down on all your backgrounds and you can see the white writing on any wallpaper, even white! I was going to make the cursor make a sound too, but you have no idea how annoying it is to hear a bullet everytime you hit a button. Thanks for the 10 Ty, but unfortunately some A-hole gave it a bad rating, dragging the average down drastically. So please vote and let me know what you guys think. RED_NAVE

ill vote its good just not my thing lol i know what you meen but i prefer nice n simple but still gr8

RED_NAVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 RED_NAVE
I know exactly what you mean elmo. Sometimes i just want something easy on the eyes that plain and simple. My next theme will be a PS3 simple black and white one. I'm considering incorporating the "white room" from the old commercials.Also, the gunshot actually scared me too the first time i installed it. lol. Its the sound from the helghast's alternate fire from their main assault rifle.
elmo442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 elmo442

I know exactly what you mean elmo. Sometimes i just want something easy on the eyes that plain and simple. My next theme will be a PS3 simple black and white one. I'm considering incorporating the "white room" from the old commercials.Also, the gunshot actually scared me too the first time i installed it. lol. Its the sound from the helghast's alternate fire from their main assault rifle. RED_NAVE

yeah mate post your next one up on here and i will sure give it a good rating and have it on my ps3 lol

EDIT* make sure its black background lol cant beet that :)

KuroiOokami45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KuroiOokami45
Member since 2005 • 308 Posts
Um, do you think you can put it on allps3themes.com too? For some reason, everytime i try downloading it, i get a completely different theme named "sample" thats only 1.37MB, not yours... I've tried it on both my computer and ps3 too.
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts

I just installed it, and I really like it! The only con is that you said it has sound. You should have put sound for when I scroll over the XMB, not for just clicking and backing out. Although the sounds you used are sweet, and I like the placement.

Great job on it - it's the theme I am gonna use from now on.

RED_NAVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RED_NAVE

I feel your pain trying to download it, sometimes it downloads mine, sometimes someone elses, and sometimes nothing at all. I will post it on allps3themes.com as soon as i get home. And maybe i'll find a nice sound and update my theme to have a cursor sound. The problem is though that any sound you add gets sped up enough to ruin the original sound. The cursor sound was what i struggled with the most. i tried everything from a bullet riochet, to a fire swoosh, to a silencer. I discovered how annoying it can be to have such a powerful sound when i tried typing a message. My only option is to forget the killzone theme for that feature only. Its just hard to find quality sounds to use, without infringing on any copyrights. Do you guys think i should alter the volume of the 3 sounds?Late at night i felt they can be a bit louder than i anticipated.

update* i just checked out allps3themes.com and it has a 12mb limit. id have to cut off 5mb somehow to post it. i guess you guys are stuck with psu's faulty interface. try hitting download over and over until my 17mb theme shows up.

LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts

Oh don't worry about finding a sound then. I like it how it is.

I can't think of many sounds that would be appropriate to the theme.

KuroiOokami45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KuroiOokami45
Member since 2005 • 308 Posts

I feel your pain trying to download it, sometimes it downloads mine, sometimes someone elses, and sometimes nothing at all. I will post it on allps3themes.com as soon as i get home. And maybe i'll find a nice sound and update my theme to have a cursor sound. The problem is though that any sound you add gets sped up enough to ruin the original sound. The cursor sound was what i struggled with the most. i tried everything from a bullet riochet, to a fire swoosh, to a silencer. I discovered how annoying it can be to have such a powerful sound when i tried typing a message. My only option is to forget the killzone theme for that feature only. Its just hard to find quality sounds to use, without infringing on any copyrights. Do you guys think i should alter the volume of the 3 sounds?Late at night i felt they can be a bit louder than i anticipated.

update* i just checked out allps3themes.com and it has a 12mb limit. id have to cut off 5mb somehow to post it. i guess you guys are stuck with psu's faulty interface. try hitting download over and over until my 17mb theme shows up.

RED_NAVE

I got it working anyway after 4 tries, i like it! Thanks for trying tho.