this has been on my PS3 for a while and im starting to wonder about it. a few months ago there was a power outage when i was playing Resisitance 2 so i get this weird thing in my saves folder that says "corrupted data" but its 0kb and cant be deleted. WTF? my R2 save is still there and the game runs fine but this just weird. Anyone know why. also since im talking about saves....anyone else that owns R2 randomly have 2 save files. I do and i dont wanna delet 1 cause im afraid it'l mess my game save up
This topic is locked from further discussion.
- Member Since: August 30, 2006
- Posts: 1712
- Member Since: December 31, 2008
- Posts: 182
- Member Since: January 30, 2008
- Posts: 900
- Member Since: January 16, 2009
- Posts: 6351
- Member Since: November 28, 2008
- Posts: 131
Sorry for the late reply.
I previously had a few "Corrupted File" icons on my PS3 for many months. I got an error message every time I attempted to delete these files, but I finally found the solution. There is no need to back-up any files, but you can if it'll help you feel better. I've shared this trick with many people, and there were no problems. Don't hold me responsible if you lose anything, though. Just follow these steps...
1. Turn off Playstation 3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
7. Select "Restore File System" from the Recovery menu.
8. Agree to restoring the file system.
You'll see a progress bar detailing the restoration, and once it is finished your system will restart. Your "Corrupted File" icons will still be there, but you will now be able to delete them. :)
Hope this helps!