This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The_Wild_Tiger (1712 posts) -

this has been on my PS3 for a while and im starting to wonder about it. a few months ago there was a power outage when i was playing Resisitance 2 so i get this weird thing in my saves folder that says "corrupted data" but its 0kb and cant be deleted. WTF? my R2 save is still there and the game runs fine but this just weird. Anyone know why. also since im talking about saves....anyone else that owns R2 randomly have 2 save files. I do and i dont wanna delet 1 cause im afraid it'l mess my game save up

#2 Posted by Geespotuser (182 posts) -

R2 automatically saves 2 the same copies for some reason.. There exactly the same copies so deleting one of them wont hurt you.. You can also tell by the time it saved...

#3 Posted by kkevguy47k (900 posts) -

The corrupted data won't do you much harm, but it makes it so you're unable to do a system backup. If you try to with corrupted data anywhere you'll get an error. There is no way around this sadly.

#4 Posted by MarcRecon (6351 posts) -

That happend to me twice with R2....I loved the game but traded it in because of the corrupted Data issue.

#5 Posted by mattmalignancy (131 posts) -

Sorry for the late reply.

I previously had a few "Corrupted File" icons on my PS3 for many months. I got an error message every time I attempted to delete these files, but I finally found the solution. There is no need to back-up any files, but you can if it'll help you feel better. I've shared this trick with many people, and there were no problems. Don't hold me responsible if you lose anything, though. Just follow these steps...

1. Turn off Playstation 3.
2. Hold the power button down; the system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be prompted to plug in your controller via USB and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
7. Select "Restore File System" from the Recovery menu.
8. Agree to restoring the file system.

You'll see a progress bar detailing the restoration, and once it is finished your system will restart. Your "Corrupted File" icons will still be there, but you will now be able to delete them. :)

Hope this helps!