controller just stopped working???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

newtonfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 newtonfb
Member since 2006 • 117 Posts
my controller just randomly stopped working. If i connect it to ps3 with the cord it will work but as soon as i disconnect the cord all the lights start blinking and its not responsive not even if i press the ps button. Anyway to reset the controller??
PS3videos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 PS3videos
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts

Is it fully charged?

3zoozM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 3zoozM
Member since 2006 • 828 Posts

try to reset it. look at the back of the controller, to the right of the screw hole, there's a tiny hole. turn the controller on and push something thin in it (a pen would do), and it should reset.

BTW: i just noticed that Sixaxis spelled backward is...SIXAXIS. weird huh.

TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts
SIXAXIS = SISAXIS what is that called a palandrome or something. Racecar is also 1
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
Your controller most likely has a low battery. Try chargeing the battery by leaving the PS3 on and the USB cable connected or use a USB port on your PC to charge the controller. Once you get it working correctly you should be good for about 30 hours of game time before it needs to be charged again.
Avatar image for lions_rock_2008
lions_rock_2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 lions_rock_2008
Member since 2005 • 1121 Posts
do you have a blutooth keyboard hooked up because it will mess up the connection between your ps3 and controller, just unplug the reciever if thats it
Steinberger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Steinberger
Member since 2003 • 37 Posts
Yeah, sometimes having other bluetooth items synchronised with the PS3 can cause some assignment issues when you plug and unplug you PS3 controller often. I sometimes have this problem when I have my bluetooth headset on, but all you have to do is reset the controller. If that doesn't work, resetting the console should fix it by naturally assigning the controller. If that doesn't work, you might have a hardware issue and probably want to call tech support.
l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts

try to reset it. look at the back of the controller, to the right of the screw hole, there's a tiny hole. turn the controller on and push something thin in it (a pen would do), and it should reset.

3zoozM

Kool, I didn't know the controllers had reset buttons, thanx for the info... hopefully I'll never have to use it...

LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts

SIXAXIS = SISAXIS what is that called a palandrome or something. Racecar is also 1TJSAGE

Yep, it's called an palindrome. I didn't notice that one though... cool.

LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts
[QUOTE="3zoozM"]

l8bitz

Kool, I didn't know the controllers had reset buttons, thanx for the info... hopefully I'll never have to use it...

It doesn't like reset the programming of the controller or anything. Sometimes I use it if I need to turn off the controller. It will still be registered to the system and everything.

colipsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 colipsen
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

The whole bluetooth interfering with the controllers is probly true becuase i just got a Motorola 700 bluetooth headset and my controller did the same exact thing. I ended up reseting it and its fine but i dont know about my headset. Another stupid thing is when my friend and i are both on our PS3's in the same room and on the same connection it seems to just give some really loud feedback but im not quite sure y that happens yet...

bobimiguel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bobimiguel
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Thanks Everyone today i had the same prob and reseted the controled and it works now?