Considering buying a PSP just a few questions.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SythonX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SythonX
Member since 2009 • 151 Posts

First of all I'd like to say hi and say this is my first post so no abuse coz I done something stupid please.

Well as the title says I'm thinking about getting a PSP and have a few questions that need answers so lets get straight to them.

First of all I was wondering what PSP is the best for money? as I only have a budget of around £150-£180 and would like a fewaccessoriesand games.

Second I would like to know how big the online community for the PSP is as I am a big fan of multiplayer and such.

Third I was thinking about getting Killzone Liberation, any thoughts and do people still play it?

Finally I would like to know if there are any other games I should get bearing in mind I'm not into extremely complex rpgs (but I still like simplified rpgs) also I like the look of Killzone so any other games like that?

Thanks in advance :)

pecan50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 pecan50
Member since 2009 • 4534 Posts
get the psp 3000 not the GO just yet, the online community is big depends on how popular the game is, don't know about Killzone sorry :D hope this helps
SythonX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SythonX

thanks pecan50 was thinking about the PSP 3000, is there much difference between it and the 2000? thanks again :D

pooyanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 pooyanh
Member since 2005 • 937 Posts
Yeah online community is big and packed with cheaters! There's a huge competition going on there: Who cheats better? Regardless, PSP is a great system and with so many great games on the way, you can't go wrong with it. Personally, I have been in PSP family for 2 years (PSP-2000) now and I've always been satisfied with it, except for the fact that I want more RPGs.
SythonX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SythonX

Thanks Pooyanh, when you say full of cheaters is it relly that bad? I mean is it like every game you play your gonna get at least 2 cheaters or is it just every now and then you'll see 1?

Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#6 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

Wat do u mean cheaters? I am considering a PSP also. Also, how are FPSs on the PSP since there is only 1 analog stick??

lostcali8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 lostcali8
Member since 2005 • 2548 Posts

Cheaters=kids with custom firmware who hack to get unfair advantages in online games. Probably shouldn't even call it hacking, more like copying and pasting lol.

But yeah, most online games have them, trick is finding a good core group of players to game with you know don't do it. (which is possible)

Killzone Liberation is an awesome game, but it's nothing like it's next gen counterpart. Online is fun. Lots of good shooters on PSP.

Third person is probably it's best genre but theres a few solid FPS's as well.

Check out the Syphon Filters, Socom Series, Manhunt 2, Resistance, MGSPO, the MOH's and Coded Arms to start. Bunch more great ones but those should hold ya off.

For RPG's, Crisis Core, Jeanne D'arc, and Valhalla Knights 2 are solid. Kingdom of Paradise, DnD Tactics, Untold Legends series. You'll have your hands full.

As for the system itself, I'd go for the PSP 3000. It's the most recent model and has the most features/best specs. Great bang for your buck.

Core pack should run you about 169$ US, not sure what the translation is but I'll leave that to you. ;)

myst3rial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 myst3rial
Member since 2009 • 272 Posts
I'm thinking about PSP3000 too. I'm wondering how many games on PSP support WiFi multiplayer (not ad-hoc, but real multiplayer with servers and so forth). In Europe PSP's price is a little bit higher. So I've decided to buy just the system with memory card primarily and try to get some demos from PSN for a while. Meanwhile I'll be getting some money for UMD full versions. Is this a good strategy? Does the number of demos in PSN store depend on country/region?
myst3rial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 myst3rial
Member since 2009 • 272 Posts

OK, I've found some info about PSP online multiplayer games:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/read_article.php?topic_id=26831621&union_id=18035

Hope it will be useful for those who were looking for the same info :)

Megasus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Megasus_
Member since 2009 • 198 Posts
If I were you, I would get a psp-2000. they are not as bright as the 3000, but the 2000 has a few more "tricks" up it's sleeve.
CNUrGames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 CNUrGames
Member since 2005 • 1867 Posts

@Megasus_

What kind of "tricks" are you talking to. To jump on this, after E3 I'm really interested in a PSP since I'm going to start travelling for work more and need something to do on long flights and layovers. I'm not really interested in the Go because it looks too small for my hands and I was considering the 3000 but if one is better, that'd be good info ;)

gamelover191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamelover191
Member since 2009 • 39 Posts

you should look into the psp - 2001. i bought last year and have totally satisfied. the only thing i dislike about the psp - 2001 is that it's battery pack is really sensitive to falling of and such. but it's cheaper and just as good as the 3000. don't get the "PSP GO"! we don't know how good it will be . some good games for the psp are- 1. crisis core 2.burnout legends 3.daxter 4.resistance retribution and 5.medal of honor heroes 2. hope this helps.

JohnnyWPSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#13 JohnnyWPSP
Member since 2009 • 1895 Posts

Get the PSP 3000, but i would wait until the PSP Go comes out, because then its getting much cheaper.You should keep the following games in mind:

Already Released: God of War Chains of Olympus, Ratchet and Clank Size Matters, Resistance Retribution, Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops, Patapon 2, Gran Turismo, Rock Band Unplugged, Motorstorm: Arctic Edge, Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Not Released yet: Resident Evil Portable, LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, Assassins Creed: Bloodlines, Tekken 6

Hope this helps

pooyanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 pooyanh
Member since 2005 • 937 Posts

@Megasus_

What kind of "tricks" are you talking to. To jump on this, after E3 I'm really interested in a PSP since I'm going to start travelling for work more and need something to do on long flights and layovers. I'm not really interested in the Go because it looks too small for my hands and I was considering the 3000 but if one is better, that'd be good info ;)

CNUrGames
He means tricks as in being able to hack your PSP to play pirated games, I guess.
Megasus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Megasus_
Member since 2009 • 198 Posts

[QUOTE="CNUrGames"]

@Megasus_

pooyanh

He means tricks as in being able to hack your PSP to play pirated games, I guess.

Well, no I don't play pirated games. I use programs to bring my own UMD games on to my mem stick. (saves physical space)

ok, i have youtube too

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

Im getting the psp go and depending on your lifestyle, you should get whatever is best for it. If its a 3000 then get the 3000, if its the go then get the go.

And killzone is a great game and has a dedicated online community. Im on there around 5 hours a week and I would say that I come across a hacker maybe one or two games a night, but then its not as bad as these ppl make it out to be. Honestly it doesnt affect the online that bad since I would just leave the server and come back later

Ricardo41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ricardo41
Member since 2002 • 1046 Posts

First of all I'd like to say hi and say this is my first post so no abuse coz I done something stupid please.

Well as the title says I'm thinking about getting a PSP and have a few questions that need answers so lets get straight to them.

First of all I was wondering what PSP is the best for money? as I only have a budget of around £150-£180 and would like a fewaccessoriesand games.

Second I would like to know how big the online community for the PSP is as I am a big fan of multiplayer and such.

Third I was thinking about getting Killzone Liberation, any thoughts and do people still play it?

Finally I would like to know if there are any other games I should get bearing in mind I'm not into extremely complex rpgs (but I still like simplified rpgs) also I like the look of Killzone so any other games like that?

Thanks in advance :)

SythonX
I recently upgraded from my original "fat" PSP 1000 to the 3000er series. So far, I'm quite happy. No "scanline" issues either with the newer, more colorful display of the 3000er series. Keep in mind that Sony now sells the console "bare bones", so at the minimum you'll need the following accessories: 1) A memory card. 2) A case 3) A USB cable 4) A screen protector 5) A headset The built quality of the newer models is flimsy to say the least. The backcover that opens for the UMD discs looks really finicky. The catalogue of available games is now very good. The PSN store is crap.
Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

If you're going to buy a new PSP, then you should buy a PSP, unless you change your mind and don't want to buy one after all. It's up to you. Keep in mind that if you buy a PSP, then you'll have one, and if you don't buy one, then you won't have one. I forget if I have one myself, but we're not talking about that. Where talking about PSP's. The existing PSP's are supposed to have a shinier screen than the Go. Let that be your deciding factor as to whether or not you should buy a PSP, and what model you should get.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

If you're going to buy a new PSP, then you should buy a PSP, unless you change your mind and don't want to buy one after all. It's up to you. Keep in mind that if you buy a PSP, then you'll have one, and if you don't buy one, then you won't have one. I forget if I have one myself, but we're not talking about that. Where talking about PSP's. The existing PSP's are supposed to have a shinier screen than the Go. Let that be your deciding factor as to whether or not you should buy a PSP, and what model you should get.

Comduter

Pass what'cher smokin'!

:lol: