Considering a PSP-3000

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fyrmest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Fyrmest
Member since 2008 • 280 Posts
I've been a PS3 owner for quite awhile now and have been considering on getting a PSP-3000 sometime soon (hopefully during the next price drop).
Although my main intentions for owning one is not for gaming and not clear on why I should want one.

Could anyone simply list the interesting features or simply why it's good to own one?
delirin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 delirin
Member since 2003 • 745 Posts

It is a gaming device first and foremost.

That said it can play videos, music and view/store pics and any other data.

The 3000 also has a brigter screen and mic included.

Skype capabilities... free psp to psp calls or psp to pc calls. For a small annual fee or pay per minute fee you can also call telephones via your psp. (requires wireless internet).

Thats all I got, if I didn't game... I'd probably still have gotten mine because my girlfriend can watch movies on it when we go camping, so I get to go fish in peace :)

Fyrmest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fyrmest
Member since 2008 • 280 Posts

Appreciate the info, looks more tempting to purchase.

elfimis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 elfimis
Member since 2008 • 1099 Posts
I somehow see tons of fanboys getting on here soon and telling you how bad the 3000 is and dont do this and get a 2000 and blah blah blah. My advice, look at all 3 models of the PSP and decide which is best for yourself. They are all decent imo.
Willy_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Willy_D
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
If you get a PSP, you will not be disappointed. There are plenty of good games already out and you can get em pretty cheap too. The thing I like about PSP is that when I get tired of playing a game, I can turn on some music and keep going. Can you listen to music or watch full length movies on a DS? I went from a 1000 to a 3000 and it was worth it (not knocking my Phat cause its still in perfect condition, but a little worn out). I think that DS is for the children, PSP is for the grown 'n sexy gamer like myself. 8)
Samox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Samox
Member since 2004 • 890 Posts
If you get a PSP, you will not be disappointed. There are plenty of good games already out and you can get em pretty cheap too. The thing I like about PSP is that when I get tired of playing a game, I can turn on some music and keep going. Can you listen to music or watch full length movies on a DS? I went from a 1000 to a 3000 and it was worth it (not knocking my Phat cause its still in perfect condition, but a little worn out). I think that DS is for the children, PSP is for the grown 'n sexy gamer like myself. 8)Willy_D

Why would I want to watch movies on a handheld? And music? I think I'd rather slip an Ipod in my pocket than lugg around a PSP. Personally I bought my handheld for the games.. That's why I got a DS.
shadewingz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shadewingz
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

people would want to use the psp for movies and music because:

1. simply because you can

2. VERY large screen compared to an ipod

3. easier to carry around one thing for all your entertainment needs

plus, on a side note, don't knock psp games. I have played much psp and ds and I can say that the psp is probably much better for people used to console gaming. If you don't think there are good psp games, give games like Daxter, Syphon Filter, and Prince of Persia: Rival swords a go.

Samox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Samox
Member since 2004 • 890 Posts

people would want to use the psp for movies and music because:

1. simply because you can

2. VERY large screen compared to an ipod

3. easier to carry around one thing for all your entertainment needs

plus, on a side note, don't knock psp games. I have played much psp and ds and I can say that the psp is probably much better for people used to console gaming. If you don't think there are good psp games, give games like Daxter, Syphon Filter, and Prince of Persia: Rival swords a go.

shadewingz

Well I'm sure it's different for some people.. But for me, I like my handhelds to be simple. If I wanted to play a console game I'd play it on my 360. I bought a DS for games like Chrono Trigger and Mario Kart DS, which are great games, and I hope they keep making SNES ports. I could see buying a movie or two for your PSP being practical if you do alot of traveling and can't afford a laptop. Otherwise most of the features seem pretty pointless to me. But like I said before, I realize that some people are really into that type of stuff, and if you are.. you probably would be better off with a PSP, but I would recommend getting the DS to anyone else.
jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts

Why would I want to watch movies on a handheld? And music? I think I'd rather slip an Ipod in my pocket than lugg around a PSP. Personally I bought my handheld for the games.. That's why I got a DS.Samox

Patapon 1/2
Wipeout Pure/Pulse
Grand Theft Auto (Stories)
God of War: Chains of Olympus
Sid Meier's Pirates!
Crush
LocoRoco 1/2
Metal Slug Anthology
Syphon Filter games
Me & My Katamari
Tekken: Dark Resurrection
Daxter
Lumines 1/2
Jeanne d'Arc
FFTactics: War of the Lions
Disgaea
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 1/2
Gitaroo Man Lives!
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
Star Ocean: First/Second Evolution
DJ Max
PS1 ****cs on PSN
etc...

Frankly, I don't see why the DS library is widely considered to be so much better. It's a lazy, strangely convenient argument that just does not seem to be true any way I look at it. I was a Nintendo fanboy all the way through the Gamecube, but frankly the only game I really want to play on the DS is Zelda. Granted, I'm coming onto the PSP scene late, so I've got 4 years of games at my disposal. I actually sold my DS forever ago because there weren't any interesting games.

elfimis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 elfimis
Member since 2008 • 1099 Posts
On another note, i wouldnt reccomend the DS like some are saying simply because the system isnt as capable. Then again, its your money and your preference, so buy what makes you happy.
Lukers777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Lukers777
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
They are sorta worth the money I guess?
motherboop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 motherboop
Member since 2007 • 2382 Posts
They are sorta worth the money I guess?Lukers777
Worth every penny. My 1000 series PSP recieves alot of love.
TheMagicThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheMagicThing
Member since 2007 • 337 Posts
the scanlines are not a big problem(i have a psp 3000).
anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 anbu-black-ops
Member since 2008 • 2380 Posts
i am also really considering getting a psp 3000. i got a $50 dollars gift card and im confused if i should get an x360 arcade, this or a dsi...
Avatar image for deactivated-5aa0fbe3ee7f4
deactivated-5aa0fbe3ee7f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#17 deactivated-5aa0fbe3ee7f4
Member since 2006 • 302 Posts
Meh... I'm happy with my PSP 2000, I won't upgrade to 3000 until the one I have breaks (which won't be happening anytime soon). :P
inzaneetie013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 inzaneetie013
Member since 2007 • 1385 Posts

In my opinion, Pink DS is suited for girls and perhaps.. only for young girls. Although the other DS colours are suited for kids, due to the majority of games being
made for a broad range of people. What are the chances of seeing a MA15+ game on DS? fat chance.Fyrhtu

I'm pretty sure there are already M games on the ds, just look it up

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#20 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts
the scanlines are not a big problem(i have a psp 3000).TheMagicThing
Seriously? I know people say those pics on the internet blew it out of proportion.
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#21 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts
I've been a PS3 owner for quite awhile now and have been considering on getting a PSP-3000 sometime soon (hopefully during the next price drop).
Although my main intentions for owning one is not for gaming and not clear on why I should want one.

Could anyone simply list the interesting features or simply why it's good to own one?Fyrmest
We hav the same story man, but i actually want one for gaming and movies on trips, and stuff
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
If doing non sony liscenced sony stuff is your thing, stay away from the 3000. Either way it's up to you.
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#23 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts
If doing non sony liscenced sony stuff is your thing, stay away from the 3000. Either way it's up to you.JigglyWiggly_
Wait wat? how is it not licensed by sony?