Connect PS3 to old TV

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by gowthamspa (1847 posts) -

Hi Guys

I recently bought ps3. I tried to connect it to a old tv, which has only a cable input. It has noAV input. Ibought an RF modulator, still the tv didn't detect my ps3. Please help me.

I know it will be good to have a new tv. But the problem is in my job i move from city to city. Mostly i stay in hotels.

Any ideas other than buy a new tv?

#2 Posted by emitsu97 (10720 posts) -
How big is the TV you have?
#3 Posted by gp19 (4249 posts) -

If it's a Samsung, you have to turn the ps3 on... I got a little freaked but figured it out 30 secs later. The tv doesn't go to the inputs unless the dvd player/console is on.

Other than that, I can't hellp you :(

#4 Posted by gowthamspa (1847 posts) -

I am not sure. May be 24inch tv

#5 Posted by emitsu97 (10720 posts) -

I am not sure. May be 24inch tv

gowthamspa

If you're luggin around an old 24" you could always pickup a newer LCD 20" and be set.

#6 Posted by thageneral2 (595 posts) -
I'm not sure if it can but try holding the power button on the ps3 for 5 seconds til it beeps twice and it would reset the display setings and u could get a picture
#7 Posted by dstryr13 (6521 posts) -
did you put the tv on the right channel, sometimes the RF things have it to where you can set it to channel 2 or 3
#8 Posted by gowthamspa (1847 posts) -
I didn't change the channel. Let me try that.
#9 Posted by gowthamspa (1847 posts) -

Hey dstryr13

The changing channel does work. Thank you for your advice. Hehhh itsgame time now.

#10 Posted by Denji (12757 posts) -

did you put the tv on the right channel, sometimes the RF things have it to where you can set it to channel 2 or 3dstryr13

Been known since the days of Atari LOL

That's how you played games. Channel 3! ALL HAIL CHANNEL 3!!