concerning exclusivity

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

how come when sony loses an exclusive everyone and their mom complains, but when microsoft loses an exclusive, no one says anything. An example being DMC 4 FF 13, Tekken 6, MS has lost Ninja Gaiden, Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata, Chroncles of Riddick, Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Bioshock, Call of Jurez and so on. This isn't a 360 flame, but Ridge Racer 7, MGS 4, Disgaea 3, Cross Edge, Valkyria Chronicles, White Knight Chronicles, Heavy Rain, Nobi Nobi Boy, War Devil Enigma will stay exclusive, plus there is a lot more 1st party gaemes on PS3 than on 360. I guess what I am saying is, how important is having a game "now" versus months down the road with improvements and other games to boot. It's funny how when MS loses something, no one says a word, but when Sony loses a game, the sky falls. I just find that kind of weird. It seems strange that Star Ocean did not make a big a splash as you would think.

HarshGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HarshGamer
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts
System Wars??? Anyways i don't think you've really considered everything in this list of yours. I mean, Sony lost AAA titles of which would make the PS systems greater, as Microsoft only lost minor -A titles. LAWL?
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
Because SONY don't usually pay for there exclusives - the developers have chosen it because it's the most advanced in terms of technology (Not saying its BETTER, but honestly, it's obvious its technically better). Microsoft get exclusives because they pay, which isn't seen as the best... sportsmanship? I mean, SONY, Nintendo and Microsoft all fight for te best console but Microsoft have to PAY developers to stop it being on other consoles. I think it's stupid. I'd rather have MGS4 and whatnot on Xbox 360 and be able to play some of the awesome exclusives the Xbox has. Not to mention all the DLC.
fish83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 fish83
Member since 2003 • 126 Posts
biased fanboy answer, and bs
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

DMC4 is not AAA by any means, From what I hear about Bioshock, that game was rated almost 10 everywhere. Tekken 6 is AAA, but not so much anymore in terms of the broad audience. Fighting games don't hold the same light they used to. Assassins Creed was supposed to be exclusive, but look how that turned out. MS has lost quite a bit. So explain again what titles has Sony officially lost other than FF and DMC4? I feel bad for single system owners. There is basically only a handful of exclusives left on "the other console." I just find it strange that there isn't an uproar about the turmoil MS faces as of right now, that is all.

The_Unknown_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 The_Unknown_B
Member since 2009 • 63 Posts

I own both consoles (Xbox 360 and PS3) and I will solely have disagree in the terms of business. U get more innovation, more potential from different consoles. These things are much like cars everyone chooses one for their own reasons. I do agree however u get more bang for your buck with the PS3 and its library is starting to come around. What you need to realise is Microsoft has a good marketing program, they buy spots and tell the public what is good about their product advertising's power at its best. Sony stands on the sidelines and lets their name do the talking for them, its effective but not enough they don't tell the public what they could be getting for the price nor did they list games (even tho they are doing better now). As for the inevitable question which console i prefer, i treat my consoles equally both are standing at 9 games and i respect both equally, i couldn't imagine my gaming experience without them.